Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

A couple more teams to toss in the hypothetical Galchenyuk derby.  I don't see Anaheim really being a fit money wise though.  Vancouver surely would have some interest but do they have the core player to send back the other way?

I could see MB be willing to trade him for the sedins. It's a good thing they don't want to leave Vancouver.

1 minute ago, DON said:

If Ottawa eats some salary he might be a fine addition.

They'd need to eat at least $3m AND take emelin for it to be even considered 

He was on the team that took Pittsburgh to 7 games this year and I think there's a little something to that. He is kind of an Emelin replacement so I agree with the above. If Emelin is gone and they eat salary, I'd consider it. But then again, I also like Emelin.

Rumours of Chicago and Galchenyuk..

Hjalmarsson??, Panarin, and Anisimov names being floated

Id gladly do Panarin and Hjalmarsson for Galchenyuk, Beaulieu and maybe Mccaron?

6 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Rumours of Chicago and Galchenyuk..

Hjalmarsson??, Panarin, and Anisimov names being floated

Id gladly do Panarin and Hjalmarsson for Galchenyuk, Beaulieu and maybe Mccaron?

Galchenyuk to Chicago makes zero sense.  They don't have the cap space. 

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That's coming from a Hockeybuzz writer so I'm not sure there's much to that one.

Some hockeybuzz writers i respect.

Jaeckel, who is the source here, is not one of them. 

11 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Galchenyuk to Chicago makes zero sense.  They don't have the cap space. 

They'd be sending more money back.. 

20 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

They'd be sending more money back.. 

Bergevin isn't taking a bunch of 30 year olds for Galchenyuk, and Chicago isn't trading Panarin for him. 

Lets be real, this is typical bullshit out of the Blackhawks HockeyBuzz writer, making clickbait.  When you analyze it, it doesn't stand up to scrutiny. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Bergevin isn't taking a bunch of 30 year olds for Galchenyuk, and Chicago isn't trading Panarin for him. 

Lets be real, this is typical bullshit out of the Blackhawks HockeyBuzz writer, making clickbait.  When you analyze it, it doesn't stand up to scrutiny. 

I get it's likely clickbait, but it does make sense.

Unless Chicago is trading Toews, Kane, Keith or Seabrook then something has to give. A 4.5 or 5 million dollar Galchenyuk saves them money.

6 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

I get it's likely clickbait, but it does make sense.

Unless Chicago is trading Toews, Kane, Keith or Seabrook then something has to give. A 4.5 or 5 million dollar Galchenyuk saves them money.

It's hockeybuzz so that usually means it's BS.  But If seabrook didn't have a NTC, I could see MB trying to trade galchenyuk and beauleau for seabrook and anisimov.  That fits his pattern

4 hours ago, DON said:

If Ottawa eats some salary he might be a fine addition.

i don't think they can eat more1/2 so they can have captain pecker head.

More on talks with Minny:

The Wild has also had trade talks with Montreal regarding Alex Galchenyuk, but late Friday, a source close to the Canadiens was starting to doubt they would be able to acquire Brodin or Scandella, a Montreal native the Habs have also inquired about. The reason being, the source felt, was how complicated it would be for the Wild to add another forward needing to be protected.

http://www.startribune.com/wild-and-nhl-wait-as-deadline-nears/428985823/

11 hours ago, habs rule said:

i don't think they can eat more1/2 so they can have captain pecker head.

Ya, his contract is no good and I am not a fan at all neither, but simply his play is still pretty good and he is LH d-man.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Ya, his contract is no good and I am not a fan at all neither, but simply his play is still pretty good and he is LH d-man.

thre are very few players I really dislike, but he is one of them. And Chara of course.

21 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Great, go for the local boy again, whose had declining numbers each year.  The plus better include granland plus .  Even than Brodin - who I don't really want is the better dman

14 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Great, go for the local boy again, whose had declining numbers each year.  The plus better include granland plus .  Even than Brodin - who I don't really want is the better dman

With the year Granlund just had, I'm not sure Minnesota would move him straight up for Galchenyuk let alone add to him.  (By the way, Granlund wouldn't help at centre either - he was moved to the full-time wing this season.)

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

With the year Granlund just had, I'm not sure Minnesota would move him straight up for Galchenyuk let alone add to him.  (By the way, Granlund wouldn't help at centre either - he was moved to the full-time wing this season.)

I think people are forgetting the year galchenyuk was having before he was injured.  He was a ppg player.  We've had what, one player do that over 20 years?

4 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I think people are forgetting the year galchenyuk was having before he was injured.  He was a ppg player.  We've had what, one player do that over 20 years?

He was a PPG player for what, 22 games?  That's not really enough to prove that he can be a bona fide 80 point player - it just shows that when he gets on a hot streak, he can really get going for a while.  He also has shown over the years that when he gets cold, he goes quiet for a while as well.  No team is objectively looking at Galchenyuk as a point-per-game player when he hasn't come close to doing that in a full season.

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He was a PPG player for what, 22 games?  That's not really enough to prove that he can be a bona fide 80 point player - it just shows that when he gets on a hot streak, he can really get going for a while.  He also has shown over the years that when he gets cold, he goes quiet for a while as well.  No team is objectively looking at Galchenyuk as a point-per-game player when he hasn't come close to doing that in a full season.

Yeah, part of the problem is that we're trading Galchenyuk at a moment where his value is relatively low. That's why we have to take a tough line and insist on his potential. Otherwise, we are screwing ourselves, unless Galy turns out to be a bust. Any trade of Galy should be predicated on his being a 23-year-old 30-goal scorer. Otherwise, keep him.

7 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Has he actually been put in a stable situation in any of his years as a hab?  where they aren't moving him to different positions?  With most other teams Glacheynuk would have been a PPG player already.  Gallagher sucked last year - why aren't they rushing to move him?  There's more a case to move him (not that I'd want to move him either unless the return was pretty high).  but you don't hear his names in rumours. Why, he will be getting a pass because of his injuries during the past two seasons.  So far under MB's watch the habs have the worst coaching staff and player development in both the NHL and AHL.

It make zero sense to move galcenyuk at this time.