Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, part of the problem is that we're trading Galchenyuk at a moment where his value is relatively low. That's why we have to take a tough line and insist on his potential. Otherwise, we are screwing ourselves, unless Galy turns out to be a bust. Any trade of Galy should be predicated on his being a 23-year-old 30-goal scorer. Otherwise, keep him.

That's why it makes zero sense to trade him now.  I'd trade MaxPac before i'd trade Galchenyuk.  Given his numbers and his salary, we should be able to get a much bigger return for MaxPac.  That is also a change that would bring the big "culture change" that MB always seems to be harping about.

38 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

That's why it makes zero sense to trade him now.  I'd trade MaxPac before i'd trade Galchenyuk.  Given his numbers and his salary, we should be able to get a much bigger return for MaxPac.  That is also a change that would bring the big "culture change" that MB always seems to be harping about.

Couldn't agree any more with you. 

40 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

We need offence, we should not be trading our top goal scorers. unless sid or malkin re coming back or ov.

7 minutes ago, habs rule said:

We need offence, we should not be trading our top goal scorers. unless sid or malkin re coming back or ov.

I agree.  If we trade MaxPac it should be as part of a package for a #1Centre.  I had thought Maxpac + Beaulieu would be the main components to get a #1centre.  but now we just gave away Beaulieu for 10 cents on the dollar.  I guess if MB was to trade Maxpac it would probably be for a # four dman - in which case, i agree it would be a mistake to move him.

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Dreger's reporting the Habs didn't get anything else in before the roster freeze so there aren't any other deals coming (for a few days at least).

sounds like we dodged another mark down mark bullet.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

He was a PPG player for what, 22 games?  That's not really enough to prove that he can be a bona fide 80 point player - it just shows that when he gets on a hot streak, he can really get going for a while.  He also has shown over the years that when he gets cold, he goes quiet for a while as well.  No team is objectively looking at Galchenyuk as a point-per-game player when he hasn't come close to doing that in a full season.

44 points in the 47 games between his first game at Centre in 2016 and his injury. 

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

44 points in the 47 games between his first game at Centre in 2016 and his injury. 

46, 56 then 44 pts in last 3 full years is not quite a PPG player. You cherry pick a certain stretch but not realistic for him. 

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

You ignore the fact that the 44 is only in 61 games and accuse others of cherry picking. 

Fact is that his points per game have been improving every year.... 

Galchenyuk .607 pts/gm

Nugent Hopkins .670

Eberle .753

Forsberg .723

Sure he is improving but still a mile away from being a 82points/year player not even getting 60 yet, that is main point.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Galchenyuk .607 pts/gm

Nugent Hopkins .670

Eberle .753

Forsberg .723

Sure he is improving but still a mile away from being a 82points/year player not even getting 60 yet, that is main point.

Already preparing to support management should they trade Galy, I see

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Already preparing to support management should they trade Galy, I see

I hope they don't.

Galchenyuk was .72 pts/gm last year. 

Nugent Hopkins was .52 pts/gm

Eberle was .62

Forsberg wa .70

He was also on pace for 60 points if you take out his injury. 

Galchenyuk had the best pts/game of the 4 guys last season. 

Not sure why you'd quote career numbers 

3 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

What is each points/60 min?

wouldnt be surprised at all if galchenyuk is #1

He's easily #1

He's already #1 in Pts/gm and he played the least minutes, so his pts/60 is way ahead. 

30 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He's easily #1

He's already #1 in Pts/gm and he played the least minutes, so his pts/60 is way ahead. 

It may be a bit optimistic to classify him as a PPG guy, but 70 points is absolutely a realistic projection for him IMHO.

2 hours ago, DON said:

Galchenyuk .607 pts/gm

Nugent Hopkins .670

Eberle .753

Forsberg .723

I see you ignore the fact that NGH and Eberle have been in the league a lot longer and their production has been declining.  Talk about manipulating  stats to support your favourite management teams next blunder.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It may be a bit optimistic to classify him as a PPG guy, but 70 points is absolutely a realistic projection for him IMHO.

I think if he plays for a team that lets him play he gets 75 points plus.  If they put Galchenyuk with Drouin and Gallagher and let them play their game, we could see the line get over 200 points.  Who cares if drouin and Galchenyuk aren't that great defensively if the are possessing the puck the majority of the time.

Latest rumour has the Islanders in talks with Montreal. Dreger says two big players could be on the move next week.

I have heard Chucky for Leddy and Beauvillier.

Leddy sure would help us out on LD for the foreseeable future. 

Kinda hope its a deal for Tavares instead.

32 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Latest rumour has the Islanders in talks with Montreal. Dreger says two big players could be on the move next week.

I have heard Chucky for Leddy and Beauvillier.

Leddy sure would help us out on LD for the foreseeable future. 

Kinda hope its a deal for Tavares instead.

That's a horrible trade

10 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

That's a horrible trade

I dunno about 'horrible.' Leddy seems to be a legit #2 D. Much would depend on Beauviller's ceiling (and position), which I can't speak to. He was captain of Team Cherry, so obviously he is loaded with character :rolleyes:

Guest Stogey24

If that trade happens, I'm done with this team until Beregvin is out...

Probably Not, but I'll be pissed 

55 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I dunno about 'horrible.' Leddy seems to be a legit #2 D. Much would depend on Beauviller's ceiling (and position), which I can't speak to. He was captain of Team Cherry, so obviously he is loaded with character :rolleyes:

Beauvillier 9g 24pts in 66gms, 1st year pro LW, taken 2 spots after Juulsen in 2015

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=169563

Edited by DON
add crap

1 hour ago, DON said:

Beauvillier 9g 24pts in 66gms, 1st year pro LW, taken 2 spots after Juulsen in 2015

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=169563

You forgot the only thing that matters to this management team.  He's French.  If the do make this idiotic trade the focus will be that they picked up a French player, not that they made a stupid trade and again gave up the better player.

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

You forgot the only thing that matters to this management team.  He's French.  If the do make this idiotic trade the focus will be that they picked up a French player, not that they made a stupid trade and again gave up the better player.

Go to bed would ya. You're getting all riled up over something that hasn't happened and you're already spinning a narrative of it being because he is french.