Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

From a more reputable source on Galchenyuk and the Islanders:

The Isles have also been in talks with the Canadiens regarding forward Alex Galchenyuk. All three of those teams are searching for defensemen and the Islanders are believed willing to surrender Travis Hamonic to upgrade their offense.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/islanders-have-deal-with-vegas-to-steer-golden-knights-in-expansion-draft-sources-say-1.13748697

11 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Not sure another RHD makes sense. 

I agree.  I can't really see him being the right fit as the key piece of a Galchenyuk trade with Weber/Petry already on that side plus Juulsen in the system.

1 minute ago, illWill said:

Perhaps loading up on LW and RD is the new key to success and we just don't know it yet 

Drouin, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen and Byron can all play RW and LW, so I don't think we are "loading up" at LW

24 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Drouin, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen and Byron can all play RW and LW, so I don't think we are "loading up on LW" 

Any professional can play any position if they need to, it doesn't mean that's where they are the most effective. You just named 4 players that are predominately LW and Pacioretty is a staple as a first line LW, so take your pick who else will play behind him. You also didn't mention Radulov, Gallagher and Shaw who are RW, so we are running out of spots for wingers. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Galchenyuk is more effective as a RW than a LW actually. 

So is Byron. 

So you're proposing putting Galchenyuk and Byron on RW because they are more effective there? Doesn't leave much room for Gallagher, Radulov or Shaw on the right side. 

How about rather than scouring the internet for stats, you can just tell me where everyone slots in the lineup at the current configuration. 

• Upvote 2

Pacioretty-Drouin-Radulov

Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Byron-Danault-Shaw

Martinsen/Hudon-Mitchell-McCaron

Markov-Weber

Emelin-Petry

Jerabek-Benn

Price

Montoya

I'm thinking no Plekanec means one new defenseman as well so this is just with what we have today.

I'd trade Gally for Beauvillier and Leddy. Then I'd work like hell to sign big Joe.

Pacs - Thornton - Raddy

Lehk - Drouin - Gallagher

Beau - Dandy - Byron

Martinsen - McCaron - Shaw

Mitchell, Hudon

47 minutes ago, illWill said:

So you're proposing putting Galchenyuk and Byron on RW because they are more effective there? Doesn't leave much room for Gallagher, Radulov or Shaw on the right side. 

How about rather than scouring the internet for stats, you can just tell me where everyone slots in the lineup at the current configuration. 

"How about rather than scouring the internet for stats, you can just tell me where everyone slots in the lineup at the current configuration."

No need to be a prick here... we were just having a discussion. 

5 hours ago, illWill said:

Any professional can play any position if they need to, it doesn't mean that's where they are the most effective. You just named 4 players that are predominately LW and Pacioretty is a staple as a first line LW, so take your pick who else will play behind him. You also didn't mention Radulov, Gallagher and Shaw who are RW, so we are running out of spots for wingers. 

Drouin played more RW last season than LW. Lots of talk he might be tried as a C. 

Radulov is yet to be re-signed and Shaw can play anywhere except effectively. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Drouin played more RW last season than LW. Lots of talk he might be tried as a C. 

Radulov is yet to be re-signed and Shaw can play anywhere except effectively. 

My concern is that a team with Cup aspirations don't have defined positions for most of the forward group. I don't feel comfortable entering the season "trying" Drouin at center to see if it works. It would be great if he was able to succeed there, but if he doesn't we are looking at another season of #1 center Danault. And if Plekanec gets selected by Vegas and Galchenyuk gets traded for anything but a center, this team is in a whole lot of trouble down the middle. 

Guest Stogey24
2 hours ago, illWill said:

My concern is that a team with Cup aspirations don't have defined positions for most of the forward group. I don't feel comfortable entering the season "trying" Drouin at center to see if it works. It would be great if he was able to succeed there, but if he doesn't we are looking at another season of #1 center Danault. And if Plekanec gets selected by Vegas and Galchenyuk gets traded for anything but a center, this team is in a whole lot of trouble down the middle. 

Couldn't agree more. 

The defense is in question too 

Guest Stogey24
24 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I didn't know the off-season is over and that Bergevin is done. 

Ya, well we all held out last year, yet we went into the season with basically the exact same roster.

32 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I didn't know the off-season is over and that Bergevin is done. 

As someone once posted

"No need to be a prick here... we were just having a discussion." 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Ya, well we all held out last year, yet we went into the season with basically the exact same roster.

I'll be with you giving Bergevin shit if there are no other moves before July 7th or so.... when shit seems to shut down for the summer in the NHL. 

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I'll be with you giving Bergevin shit if there are no other moves before July 7th or so.... when shit seems to shut down for the summer in the NHL. 

I personally can't wait to see him finally fix all of those problems that have existed since 2013. If he can't do it this summer, there will always be next summer!

2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I personally can't wait to see him finally fix all of those problems that have existed since 2013. If he can't do it this summer, there will always be next summer!

:lol:

DON is that you?!?

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Commandant said:

Even when i defend management, Don is shitting on me. 

lmao