Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

1 hour ago, zumpano21 said:

Are we gunning for Tavares next summer?

The tax situation in Quebec (Canada in general) will guarantee we can't compete...don't get your hopes up for nothing.

15 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

The tax situation in Quebec (Canada in general) will guarantee we can't compete...don't get your hopes up for nothing.

Yeah, no way he's going to go from the highest taxed state in America to the highest taxed province in Canada. That is just ridiculous. You see how much trouble New York has had attracting free agents?

It's not that straightforward. 

There's no way these guys take their salary as a straight wage. It must go to a PC and then get doled out as a salary.

The recent Lib government has made this a little more difficult but overall it does help.

He's still a target. I can't see him staying there.

JT:  I need some help.

Isles mgmt:  We found you a guy lazier than the Dude in The Big Lebowski.

11 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

Are we gunning for Tavares next summer?

the Habs should be "gunning" for him right Now! I would trade MaxPac, the training center and 2x 1st rounds 

(edit) Habs have the money to build another 1 closer to me :D

Edited by ehjay
add to post

12 minutes ago, ehjay said:

the Habs should be "gunning" for him right Now! I would trade MaxPac, the training center and 2x 1st rounds 

(edit) Habs have the money to build another 1 closer to me :D

I'm going to share the same thought about Jumbo Joke in regards to Tavares. Big name free agents never sign in Montreal.

They sign:

1. Where they grew up, or where their wife's family lives.

2. NYC

3. LA

4. Toronto 

Why on earth would John Tavares sign in Montreal? Chance to win? No. Culturally similar? Nein. Tax break? Non. Fan of the Habs as a kid? Nyet. 

1 minute ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

I'm going to share the same thought about Jumbo Joke in regards to Tavares. Big name free agents never sign in Montreal.

They sign:

2. NYC

3. LA

4. Toronto 

So the Habs will open a cloning center next July and JT will be here one way or another.... maybe plan b can be Mario when he was eating a lot of Chunky soup :D

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

They sign:

2. NYC

3. LA

4. Toronto 

Why on earth would John Tavares sign in Montreal? Chance to win? No. Culturally similar? Nein. Tax break? Non. Fan of the Habs as a kid? Nyet. 

When they were able to draft a Norris winner that was a fan of the habs and wanted to be a hab for life, they traded him

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Tony pasta sauce (whi started the philly rumour) says the philly talks are dead.

No one wants to give markov two years at big money.

Habs one year offer still on table.

Wasn't there a two-year offer made at some point too? Anyone know what the numbers were for that, or has it been mentioned here already?

Dynamo have released one way players, basically because they can not afford to pay them. Would there be anyone of interest to Montreal?  - reference twitter HW - Slava Malamud

Edited by BlueKross

5 hours ago, BlueKross said:

Dynamo have released one way players, basically because they can not afford to pay them. Would there be anyone of interest to Montreal?  - reference twitter HW - Slava Malamud

No, there is nothing on that team.  They are garbage. 

Haitenen is a RHD who got some points but is also 32... but even he's a long shot. I see him heading back to Finland. 

The most interesting thing is that it releases Klim Kostin to sign with the Blues, but other than that, the roster is shit. 

5 minutes ago, Link67 said:

Did they SERIOUSLY talk about bringing back the Kostitsyns on cheap 1 year deals out of the KHL on tsn 690 earlier today?

That's an annual topic of conversation.  Had they done their homework, they'd have seen that both players are already signed to KHL deals for 2017-18 so you don't need to worry about it actually happening.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

That's an annual topic of conversation.  Had they done their homework, they'd have seen that both players are already signed to KHL deals for 2017-18 so you don't need to worry about it actually happening.

Jesus..

I'd 1000% bring Jagr in before i even gave that idea a sniff of a thought. Then again I would have Brought Jagr in over Hemsky, but oh well.

12 hours ago, Link67 said:

I'd 1000% bring Jagr in before i even gave that idea a sniff of a thought. Then again I would have Brought Jagr in over Hemsky, but oh well.

I think most would have.  The big difference will be money.  Jagr, who historically goes to the highest bidder no matter what, is coming off getting $5.5 million last season.  How much of a pay cut is he willing to take at this point?  The answer to that will determine how long he's out there for.

I'm hearing rumours (unsubstantiated) that MB may be looking to move Gallagher for Nugent-Hopkins.  This could be a real solid move, and we could bring in Jagr to replace Gallagher on the right side.

Trade makes sense as Edm need to replace Eberle on the right side and free up cap space going forward and Gallagher would be playing with his buddy Lucic and we need an upgrade down the middle.

23 minutes ago, C-Love said:

I'm hearing rumours (unsubstantiated) that MB may be looking to move Gallagher for Nugent-Hopkins.  This could be a real solid move, and we could bring in Jagr to replace Gallagher on the right side.

Trade makes sense as Edm need to replace Eberle on the right side and free up cap space going forward and Gallagher would be playing with his buddy Lucic and we need an upgrade down the middle.

I don't think that's a good deal for Edmonton, but PC is willing to lose a 1v1 swap to improve his team.

36 minutes ago, C-Love said:

As much as I love Gallagher, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Filling the hole on RW would be way easier than the one currently at center. Although after taking on the higher salary and hopefully resigning Markov, there wouldn't be anything left to sign a UFA

1 hour ago, illWill said:

As much as I love Gallagher, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Filling the hole on RW would be way easier than the one currently at center. Although after taking on the higher salary and hopefully resigning Markov, there wouldn't be anything left to sign a UFA

I agree. Adding Nuge is like adding Pleks in his prime - a legit #2C. That would solve a whole lot of roster problems. I make the deal.