Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

59 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

But I don't want Gallagher traded.

He's our spark plug

Doesn't matter what you want, some trades are painful. I 'dont' want to see him traded, but he could be a valuable piece in a deal and would save having to trade Galchenyuk.

Shaw can play the 'spark plug' role. 

Edited by DON
add something
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, DON said:

Doesn't matter what you want, some trades are painful. I 'dont' want to see him traded, but he could be a valuable piece in a deal and would save having to trade Galchenyuk.

Agree that losing Gally will hurt - but you're right, he's not untouchable, for pete's sake. He could add a lot of value to the Oil while bringing us back an actual legitimate top-6 C.

4 hours ago, Zowpeb said:

Unless Drouin and Galchenyuk both move to C...

Do you think that julien will put either danault or plek on the fourth line?  Not to put 2 defensive issues at c.  One i could see... not both

I have to agree that if NH is as solid as most here believe than it makes a lot of sense for a deal like this to happen.

It might even be possible for MB to have plekanec included in the deal as his money will come off the books before MCdavids and Drisailtes new contract would even kick in.   Obviously there would be more pieces to this deal but if I were MB I would try to make it happen. 

10 hours ago, DON said:

Seriously though if Gallagher is traded for a good return make it happen. He is one of my favourite players but always a fan of the team more than the player.

Gallagher for RNH and Steve Begin

I miss his spark plug ways. Not sure if I just insulted or praised Gallagher with that offer.

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Gallagher for RNH and Steve Begin

I miss his spark plug ways. Not sure if I just insulted or praised Gallagher with that offer.

Steve Begin? Is he coming out  of retirement?

4 hours ago, habs rule said:

Steve Begin? Is he coming out  of retirement?

Just a bad joke :) 

It was mentioned that Gallagher is our spark plug and for one reason or another Steve Begin came to my mind as someone who did that job quite well for us. The league's changing though and I'm not sure if he'd get as much of a look anymore. 

6 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Just a bad joke :) 

It was mentioned that Gallagher is our spark plug and for one reason or another Steve Begin came to my mind as someone who did that job quite well for us. The league's changing though and I'm not sure if he'd get as much of a look anymore. 

^_^

RNH and his 6 million salary is not the answer to what ails Montreal down the middle.

we need a 1st line/ 2nd line C depending on where galchenyuk or Drouin are slotted by CJ to play ahead of Danault.. not another overpaid  3rd line Centre (although I do have faith that plex will bounce back with a stronger year before going UFA)

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

RNH and his 6 million salary is not the answer to what ails Montreal down the middle.

we need a 1st line/ 2nd line C depending on where galchenyuk or Drouin are slotted by CJ to play ahead of Danault.. not another overpaid 3rd liner C although I do have faith that plex will bounce back with a stronger year before going UFA

Overpaid 3rd line centre? If so, you must see Galchenyuk as a 4th liner I assume?

Hopkins       265pts in 395gms

Galchenyuk 204pts in 336gms

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

we need a 1st line/ 2nd line C depending on where galchenyuk or Drouin are slotted by CJ to play ahead of Danault.. not another overpaid 3rd liner C although I do have faith that plex will bounce back with a stronger year before going UFA

RNH is a better option at centre than anything on the Habs roster. He's not a third liner, he's a solid 2nd line centre. 

He'd be great with Pacs and Drouin. Let Chucky centre Lehks and Shaw. (Maybe Hudon if he's ready.)

Third line of Pleks, Byron, and Hemsky is decent. 

6 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

RNH is a better option at centre than anything on the Habs roster. He's not a third liner, he's a solid 2nd line centre. 

He'd be great with Pacs and Drouin. Let Chucky centre Lehks and Shaw. (Maybe Hudon if he's ready.)

I'd prefer a younger Danault in the 3rd line role and take plex's 6 million and try to land someone more offensively productive then RNH for the 1C or 2C depending on Alex. Nothing against RNH, I just do t think he's our answer, and if he is God bless, ill happily be wrong for the good of the team

-Hudon plays LW or C

16 minutes ago, DON said:

Overpaid 3rd line centre? If so, you must see Galchenyuk as a 4th liner I assume?

Hopkins       265pts in 395gms

Galchenyuk 204pts in 336gms

RNH averages over 19+ minutes a  night over his career and averaged 20+ TOI  when he put up 50+ points in back to back seasons.

compared to galchenyuk who averages 15+ minutes a game, is 1 year younger and outscored him LY in essentially 4 less minutes s night and 20 games less. When his TOI increases he's shown he can be almost a pt per game player.

its inevitable that CJ will have to let Galchenyuk play and play a lot more now that his contract is signed... only then can we compare apples to apples.

points per 60 anyone?

Guest Stogey24
3 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Yep

9 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

Any rumors out there on Markov?

He's been busy with a wedding (I heard he was also at Ovechkin's but not sure). 

It's fun watching some Habs fans fighting over his wedding. It looks like it was Montreal Canadiens themed (all of the bridesmaids wore Habs sweaters) but it looks like only non-Habs were invited (Emelin and Subban) unless someone was hiding from the photos.

So he's probably too tied up with personal stuff to make a decision on his contract just yet. Maybe he's seeing if PK can convince Nashville to sign him, or he's waiting out Bergevin denying his demands. 

5 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Funny how the character issue gets invited to the most senior Habs wedding 

Just wondering who from the Habs management said he had a character issue. 

Or is it you saying he has one?

6 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Funny how the character issue gets invited to the most senior Habs wedding 

He was invited to create a disturbance.  Funny he was also at price's and maxpacs wedding as well.

it doesn't look like any other habs were invited.

1 minute ago, Stogey24 said:

It's hilarious that if you even get sniff of a Subban comment, you pounce all over it 

It's hilarious that Subban gets brought up on a Habs forum so often. 

It's also hilarious how you didn't answer my question. I don't recall anybody but jaded fans saying he got shipped out because of a character issue. It's hilarious the narrative that is being spun around here as if it was fact. Show me one quote of anybody associated with the Habs saying that Subban was traded because of a character issue and I'll leave it alone 

• Upvote 2

Bergevin has never said, "PK Subban lacks character"

He also never said it about Lars Eller. But he did talk ad nauseum about character, grit, not wanting to lose, tough to play against, leadership, etc. when talking about the guys he got for Subban and Eller. Bergevin isn't dumb. Closest he got to being dumb is when he hinted to "things you don't know about" when reporters kept asking about Subban on the day of the trade.

What he said about 15-16 and how it relates to the Subban and Eller deals says everything.

There was something missing in that room, and it affected us.

But I knew I had to straighten our room and bring in some good players. We lost Manny Malhotra toward the end of his career (unsigned last summer), and Gio (former captain Brian Gionta, who signed with the Buffalo Sabres as an unrestricted free agent in July 2014). Pricer, even though he's not a vocal leader, he's a leader. He has a presence in that room. 

Carey's not on the road either, and especially with his injury, his recovery took longer than we thought. By bringing in Shea Weber and Andrew Shaw, I feel that we addressed that. Also, having Pricer healthy. And the last thing is, what this group went through last year -- it's OK to fall down, but you have to get up. I like to believe that those guys won't let that happen again.

Again, Bergevin is a good politician. He isn't going to say, "Eller was soft" or "Subban wasn't a leader" but he will say, "I brought in two guys who have character, grit, and leadership which was missing." Why was it missing? Because he didn't think it came from the other guys. What's funny is after getting those guys, he was confident the team wouldn't fall down. But after the first round loss, he called the club fragile.

(And he's right about Eller. Just trading Eller and then bringing in Shaw... ugh. One step forward, two second round picks back.)

• Upvote 1