Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

10 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Bob McKenzie reports Bergevin has let it be known to the other 30 GMs he would like to trade a forward, and trade one soon. 

No players were specifically mentioned, but it looks like a trade is more likely than someone getting waived. 

Maybe we can trade Drouin for a top 4 d-man... :quebec:

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

Maybe we can trade Drouin for a top 4 d-man... :quebec:

Doubtful, but it's just possible - and would be worth pursuing if the chance came up; but of course the optics would be so horrible that it wouldn't happen even if a great deal materializes.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Doubtful, but it's just possible - and would be worth pursuing if the chance came up; but of course the optics would be so horrible that it wouldn't happen even if a great deal materializes.

I was being a dick. He was already dealt for one to come to Montreal. 

9 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

I was being a dick. He was already dealt for one to come to Montreal. 

Oh, I know. But looked at objectively, trading him for a top-4 d-man would be a good move organizationally.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Oh, I know. But looked at objectively, trading him for a top-4 d-man would be a good move organizationally.

Definetly.

We have a forward group that are all basically the same player.

I just cannot see how this team puts the puck in the net more this season, than last 

1 hour ago, Richard09 said:

No one will give you a top 4 for Drouin....he is starting to look like alexander dagel...lots of talent but can't put it together.

Lol this is getting a bit silly. 

Drouin just needs to get some confidence back and he will start putting up points.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Scott462 said:

Lol this is getting a bit silly. 

Drouin just needs to get some confidence back and he will start putting up points.

I hope you're right. But remember, he had a shi**y season last year and is picking up right where he left off. Until he actually starts playing well - if he ever does - it is quite reasonable to express concern about him. Beyond that, if he fails to become a legitimate top-line player, that trade will be sheer folly, just another case of Habs management crapping the bed on major trades.

• Upvote 1

I dont think confidence is Drouin's problem

They will also have to start moving some defenseman in the near future, with Weber and Schlemko coming back in the next couple of months. 

2 hours ago, Chris said:

I dont think confidence is Drouin's problem

His problem is the 'Galchenyuk' problem - and I don't mean substance abuse, but rather that he still thinks like a junior player, trying to deke out the whole team single-handedly rather than seeing the ice, managing time and space, and using his teammates. At the NHL level this is a recipe for ineffectiveness. He's 23 and going into his third pro season...he's still young, but for him to still be trapped in this mindset is a bit unsettling. Some guys never do figure it out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

His problem is the 'Galchenyuk' problem - and I don't mean substance abuse, but rather that he still thinks like a junior player, trying to deke out the whole team single-handedly rather than seeing the ice, managing time and space, and using his teammates. At the NHL level this is a recipe for ineffectiveness. He's 23 and going into his third pro season...he's still young, but for him to still be trapped in this mindest isva bit unsettling. Some guys never do figure it out.

His problem is he thinks he is entitled to be a superstar without working for it.  That has always been his problem that his why he refused to go to the minors before. After 5 years of being in the league he has not gotten it. So I have little hope he ever will.  MB was dumb to make that trade, especilly after he gave up Subban for an older defence man. It will take another 6 years to recover from MB

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I hope you're right. But remember, he had a shi**y season last year and is picking up right where he left off. Until he actually starts playing well - if he ever does - it is quite reasonable to express concern about him. Beyond that, if he fails to become a legitimate top-line player, that trade will be sheer folly, just another case of Habs management crapping the bed on major trades.

Kid looked great tonight boy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2018 at 2:09 PM, Richard09 said:

His problem is he thinks he is entitled to be a superstar without working for it.  That has always been his problem that his why he refused to go to the minors before. After 5 years of being in the league he has not gotten it. So I have little hope he ever will. 

Drouin has three goals and three assists in the last five games. Maybe there is hope for him yet. But five games is too short a time to make that conclusion.

19 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Drouin has three goals and three assists in the last five games. Maybe there is hope for him yet. But five games is too short a time to make that conclusion.

5 games is early.  The issue with him is his work without the puck.  If he can pull that together then he will be solid. 

1 hour ago, Richard09 said:

5 games is early.  The issue with him is his work without the puck.  If he can pull that together then he will be solid. 

His work without the puck yesterday was probably his best game I’ve seen him play in that regard. He was back checking and breaking up plays all night.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2018 at 12:27 PM, Richard09 said:

Drouin now has 17 points in 20 games. Only +0 but when you compare that to his 2017-2018 number (46 points and -28) it's a huge improvement.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Even if salary is retained?

That might help but is that something the Habs want to do?  Would they not be better off just waiving him and sending him to the minors rather than retaining at 50% to move him?  It's almost the same cap hit with him buried than it is with 50% retention and at least by burying him, they'd have the ability to bring him back if injuries strike.

They would be far better off demoting Alzner, but unless Bergevin can work some trade magic again, I think it more likely that Mete goes to Laval and Alzner remains in the press box most nights