Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

29 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Drouin + 2x 1st round? That would still be a win for us. The odds of a random 1st-round pick turning out as well as Aho are not all that high.

Agree

An interesting note on the Markus Granlund signing by the Oilers -- he is from Oulu, Puljujarvi's home town. Might he play a mentor role for Puljujarvi (and get him to sign his qualifying offer)?

Edit: Probably should have posted in the NHL thread ...

17 hours ago, Trizzak said:

So the first one, because offer sheets don't actually exist anymore. 

Bergevin clawing at the Offer Sheet casket yelling, "He's not dead! Let him out!"

Carolina has a week to match the offer. 

I just heard two TSN radio reporters, one from Montreal and the other Toronto, saying they wouldn't hesitate giving up a 1st rounder, Suzuki and Poehling for Sebastian Aho.....21 years old, 30 goals + 53 assists = 83 points last year.  They both said what a great, immediate fit with a known commodity vs. players with great potential but haven't transitioned yet. 

I think I would do it as well. 

They said people have called and said, "no way do we give up prospects like that". But you'll giving up prospects to get back a prospect really.

I hope MB is at least looking to see what he can for Aho. 

25 minutes ago, REV-G said:

I just heard two TSN radio reporters, one from Montreal and the other Toronto, saying they wouldn't hesitate giving up a 1st rounder, Suzuki and Poehling for Sebastian Aho.....21 years old, 30 goals + 53 assists = 83 points last year.  They both said what a great, immediate fit with a known commodity vs. players with great potential but haven't transitioned yet. 

It would be unfortunate to give up Suzuki and Poehling ... but I suspect that if you do the math, that might well be the correct decision.

That would be incredibly dumb move. Aho isn't worth both of them. 

Now When Carolina matches, the habs have no plan B,

and a hole at RW, Shaw and gallagher were the habs 2 2 RW

3 hours ago, REV-G said:

They said people have called and said, "no way do we give up prospects like that". But you'll giving up prospects to get back a prospect really.

I hope MB is at least looking to see what he can for Aho. 

Suzuki, Poehling and a 1st seems like a whole lot to give up for Aho. 

20 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

I’m hearing the Habs are in talks with Laine and Winnipeg about a trade or a possible offer sheet.

I'm skeptical ... but if this is real, it surely should fix our pathetic PP once and for all.

14 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I'm skeptical ... but if this is real, it surely should fix our pathetic PP once and for all.

So am I, his defensive warts are a bit concerning but there is no denying the skill and my goodness the shot.

Obviously this is just rumours so who knows what the hell it is. Won’t know until the Aho sheet gets worked out. 

I'm not his biggest fan but I have to admit that shot is awesome. Paired with the right centre (Domi? Kotkaniemi?) he could do some serious damage.

He might yet be able to improve his defensive aspects. I think the work ethic is OK and he's only 21.

31 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

I’m hearing the Habs are in talks with Laine and Winnipeg about a trade or a possible offer sheet.

Dont tease now! How do you go about trading a RFA? Sign and trade?

21 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

So am I, his defensive warts are a bit concerning but there is no denying the skill and my goodness the shot.

Obviously this is just rumours so who knows what the hell it is. Won’t know until the Aho sheet gets worked out. 

F**k the defensive warts, if possible to add him, i think would be best to do that, barring a crazy ask by Jets or agent.

16 minutes ago, DON said:

Dont tease now! How do you go about trading a RFA? Sign and trade?

There doesn't have to be a sign-and-trade component to trading an RFA.  They get dealt and then sign whenever with their new team, just like Armia last year or Alex Kerfoot/Cody Ceci in Toronto's trades this summer.

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

There doesn't have to be a sign-and-trade component to trading an RFA.  They get dealt and then sign whenever with their new team, just like Armia last year or Alex Kerfoot/Cody Ceci in Toronto's trades this summer.

Exactly. You're just trading his rights, the same as if you were trading a player that's drafted but still in the CHL, for example.

18 minutes ago, DON said:

F**k the defensive warts, if possible to add him, i think would be best to do that, barring a crazy ask by Jets or agent.

Maybe we got Chiarot so that we can send him back to Jets as part of the package? :D

16 minutes ago, DON said:

Haha well that’s just it, I imagine the ask will be hefty, we have to keep in mind the Jets still want to contend and I know there defence took a hit.

Something around Petry and Drouin/Suzuki would be a good start but who knows.  

24 minutes ago, DON said:

Poor Drouin, seems he is in nearly every proposed deal.:mellow:

As is Suzuki, forwards that have a lot of upside but I think most are willing to part with for the right price.

Personally I still have faith Drouin can become an excellent player and I think management feels the same but for the right price can be moved and Laine is definitely worth it.

Its funny I have a friend who knows Max Domi quite well and he said that Drouin issue is he doesn’t prepare for games properly. Domi had to  baby him a lot and drag him to do the proper things training/diet etc. Honestly if the kid could just get in the right mindset it would do wonders for him. Anyway what can you do.

Drouin 53pts

Gallagher 52pts

seen as very different seasons by the fans though.

(Gallagher 30+goals...invaluable, Drouin sucked for 30 games and is just a floater who should be...just... gone!)

17 minutes ago, DON said:

Drouin 53pts

Gallagher 52pts

seen as very different seasons by the fans though.

(Gallagher 30+goals...invaluable, Drouin sucked for 30 games and is just a floater who should be...just... gone!)

Drouin’s potential is higher. The question is whether he can reach it.

@iamhockey1 (Hockey 24|7) claims that Bergevin has presented an offer sheet to Marner for 5x$11M, but Marner has not accepted (yet). But the tweet is from three days ago so I would hazard to guess that either it's not correct info -- or else Marner will not be accepting the offer sheet at all. In either case there would likely be no official confirmation.

$11M is the full Monty, four first-rounders, is it not?

39 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

@iamhockey1 (Hockey 24|7) claims that Bergevin has presented an offer sheet to Marner for 5x$11M, but Marner has not accepted (yet). But the tweet is from three days ago so I would hazard to guess that either it's not correct info -- or else Marner will not be accepting the offer sheet at all. In either case there would likely be no official confirmation.

$11M is the full Monty, four first-rounders, is it not?

100% fake. Toronto (and Marner's camp, I'm sure) would love to trot out that Montreal OS'd Marner, and Marner refused. It'd be fun to put the Leafs in cap hell, though.

1 hour ago, huzer said:

100% fake. Toronto (and Marner's camp, I'm sure) would love to trot out that Montreal OS'd Marner, and Marner refused. It'd be fun to put the Leafs in cap hell, though.

I think either Laine or Gardiner would be a better fit (for our gaps) anyway so $11M for Marner doesn't make sense to me, either.