Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

4 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Dubois may be an off-season move. 

Why mess with this roster? MB may have struck gold here 

The ideal time to make trades is when it doesn't look like you need to make a trade ... and come the off-season there will be more bidders ... which is why CBJ likely prefer to wait, but if MB can make a deal now-is that he feels improves the roster he shouldn't hesitate ... unless Bergevin has credible intelligence that PLD is not a "good guy in the room" ... then of course he wouldn't even be calling Columbus.

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

The ideal time to make trades is when it doesn't look like you need to make a trade ... and come the off-season there will be more bidders ... which is why CBJ likely prefer to wait, but if MB can make a deal now-is that he feels improves the roster he shouldn't hesitate ... unless Bergevin has credible intelligence that PLD is not a "good guy in the room" ... then of course he wouldn't even be calling Columbus.

We gave Sergachev for Drouin (a talented forward who wanted to be traded).

I do not want the Habs to trade the only blue chip D-prospect for PLD.

The Habs are fine without him

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

We gave Sergachev for Drouin (a talented forward who wanted to be traded).

I do not want the Habs to trade the only blue chip D-prospect for PLD.

The Habs are fine without him

How in the world did you ever think I was suggesting that Romanov be traded?

44 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

The ideal time to make trades is when it doesn't look like you need to make a trade ... and come the off-season there will be more bidders ... which is why CBJ likely prefer to wait, but if MB can make a deal now-is that he feels improves the roster he shouldn't hesitate ...

And improving the team (with a deal that Columbus will accept, given their own objectives) is the key, both for this season and for some number of years into the future. I'm not convinced it's achievable in this case, but I have no special insight into Bergevin's evaluation process. :)

53 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

How in the world did you ever think I was suggesting that Romanov be traded?

I didnt assume you suggested That trade

just a lazy reply from me who thinks CBJ would be looking for such a valuable asset coming back

41 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I didnt assume you suggested That trade

just a lazy reply from me who thinks CBJ would be looking for such a valuable asset coming back

Fair enough ... I agree with not giving up Romanov

I just wanna point out that PLD only played 3 minutes and 55 seconds tonight on 5 shifts. That's not normal...something is up in Columbus!

10 hours ago, Habsfan said:

I just wanna point out that PLD only played 3 minutes and 55 seconds tonight on 5 shifts. That's not normal...something is up in Columbus!

Maybe ... but read reports that his play was "indifferent" ... wouldn't be the first time Torts benched someone whose effort he didn't like

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Maybe ... but read reports that his play was "indifferent" ... wouldn't be the first time Torts benched someone whose effort he didn't like

I just saw the video of his last shift. I also would've benched him! Total lack of commitment, he seemed uninterested to be there.

27 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

I just saw the video of his last shift. I also would've benched him! Total lack of commitment, he seemed uninterested to be there.

Forcing the issue I assume.

Mathias Brunet from LaPresse  says  that  Danault turned down a 6 years 30M$ offer from the Habs  after Petry inked his deal, but  BEFORE Gallagher's deal.

3 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Mathias Brunet from LaPresse  says  that  Danault turned down a 6 years 30M$ offer from the Habs  after Petry inked his deal, but  BEFORE Gallagher's deal.

One thing that catches my eye from the article is that he has Petry being offered 6/33 again.  Is that a mistake (that's his current contract) or did they actually offer him a six-year deal to try to lower the AAV?  (He signed for 4/25.)

17 hours ago, Helmethead said:

With Dubois getting a whopping 3:55 of ice time and benched after the 1st you can safely assume the rumor mill to run rampant tomorrow. 

Unless they can Torts.  Which they probably should do. 

Agreed. Torts has taken a bad situation and made it so much worse. Completely unprofessional how he's talked about the situation, doing nothing but throwing gasoline on a fire. Not that PLD's effort and trade request are professional, either. Both sides are at fault here. But what Torts is doing is not what is best for the team. Yes, PLD wants out, but if Torts were handling the sitation better, you could at least expect PLD to be more professional with his effort. This is a team that has shown it will go all in and expects to be a playoff team. They should be playing to win this season, which means coming to an agreement with PLD that he plays hard, and they'll look further into a trade at the deadline if they fall out, or after the season if they don't.

At this point, everyone knows he wants our and the situation has become so untenable that they can't afford to keep him around the team. His value has never been lower, and it is primarily Torts' fault. He has hurt the team now and in the future. 

5 hours ago, dlbalr said:

One thing that catches my eye from the article is that he has Petry being offered 6/33 again.  Is that a mistake (that's his current contract) or did they actually offer him a six-year deal to try to lower the AAV?  (He signed for 4/25.)

In the current fiscal environment no surprise to me that 6/33 would be MB's offer, with his fingers crossed ... guess Petry feels he can make at least $4 million for two years on his next contract (for which he will be 37) ... 

5 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

In the current fiscal environment no surprise to me that 6/33 would be MB's offer, with his fingers crossed ... guess Petry feels he can make at least $4 million for two years on his next contract (for which he will be 37) ... 

I just looked at the article again - it has been amended and now only references the 4/25.  That makes more sense.

21 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Darren dreger reporting Dubois deal imminent... as soon as tomorrow

And after the way Torts has made it clear that he and Dubiis cannot coexist, Columbus has lost a lot of their bargaining power. No way they're going to come out of this as well as they did with Johansen for Jones.  I think they'll be lucky if they can manage Roslovic or Kotkianiemi, when they started out being able to ask for Laine or Suzuki.

58 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Darren dreger reporting Dubois deal imminent... as soon as tomorrow

I am happy to pass on this one if it means giving up one of Suzuki, KK, or Romanov,  not interested in someone who pouts because their feelings are hurt. 

10 hours ago, Habsfan said:

Totally agree, he mailed it in. Torts is honest, if you don't put out for the team he will bench you. He would lose respect of his players if he didn't bench a guy who is disinterested. These players are highly paid professionals and PLD is pouting. Unless MB can get him cheap (unlikely) then time to walk away. The Habs are playing well (except for too many penalties), it's not broke right now. 

43 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

And after the way Torts has made it clear that he and Dubiis cannot coexist, Columbus has lost a lot of their bargaining power. No way they're going to come out of this as well as they did with Johansen for Jones.  I think they'll be lucky if they can manage Roslovic or Kotkianiemi, when they started out being able to ask for Laine or Suzuki.

I think a lot of people will be surprised by how well they're going to come out of this.

Personally, I think Torts needs to go. Columbus has lost alot of talent these last few years Panarin etc. Torts seems to be the common denominator here (my opinion only). With that said, the going rate for a big boy 22 year old C who has already put up 60 points and shown to step up to the plate in the playoffs is very significant.

I dont want to trade for Dubois just yet either.

Im definitely not willing to trade Romanov if his first 5 games are any indication of what to expect from him going forward. So far, I see the same guy who absolutely dominated WJC already begin to translate that game to the NHL level (obviously alot more to show and prove but the signs are clearly there). That is very good news to all us Habs fans!!

Im very skeptical to move KK. I get Dubois is heavier and CLBS #1C but KK has yet to fully fill out and when he does at 22yrs old he'll be just as big. So Dubois for KK buys us 2 years of development and production (but at what cost?) 

I believe every game that goes by, KK's value increases. His line is now scoring and although he missed out on a few points last night like the first goal as an example,  I can see him begin to find the scoresheet on a more regular basis. He actually had a really good game yesterday. By the end of the season his value should sky rocket to. Obviously Dubois is moving now so Im happy to just stand pat.

Suzuki I believe is not even in the equation. He's to good. At this point Suzuki might actually be more valuable 1 for 1 as a pure point producer then Dubois.

If its KK for Dubois and a 2nd or 3rd, OK pull the trigger. But anything more and im out

I just think we are undervaluing KK...He's a 20yr old kid filling out. He'll go to CLBS as their new #1C and play 21:00 a night and we will complain we let him go cause he will flourish under a Finnish GM giving him every chance in the world.

i wanna stay pat.

11 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I am happy to pass on this one if it means giving up one of Suzuki, KK, or Romanov,  not interested in someone who pouts because their feelings are hurt. 

I expect it’ll be someone else. Which is a good thing in my books.