Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

16 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Getzlaff was an absolute beast in his prime, made for the playoffs. Talented, tough, strong and mean. However he is now 35 and his production has fallen significantly, kind of like Weber.   He likely wouldn't be cheap and I am not sure he would be the answer at this stage in his career but he and Perry might have fun playing together again. A 25-30 year old Getzlaff would fill a huge hole but they are hard to find. 

If this is still true after already getting Stall, MB should be fired TODAY. How old of a lineup do we want, when the rest of the league is trying to get younger??  We should have drafted Getzlaf- he was my choice when he was playing junior hockey in Calgary. This is like us going after a washed up Denis Savard. Sure let’s get Getzlaf, Stall be two of our top 4 centres. Hike we are at it let’s get Suter, so he can partner up with Weber???  Maybe we can also get Parise (my brother’s choice) for Drouin while we ar at it! I’m a Drouin critic, but i sin want to be moving assets for old men - and if they assets are lazy asses!

8 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Man we really blow that 03' draft. 

Agreed. But 2021 is not the time to correct past mistakes!!!

8 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Man we really blow that 03' draft. 

You got that right!!  We took Kostitsyn at 10, Anaheim took Getzlaff at 19 and Perry at 28. What a huge draft for Anaheim. A lot of teams blew it. To get a franchise center at 19 doesn't happen often. 

41 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

You got that right!!  We took Kostitsyn at 10, Anaheim took Getzlaff at 19 and Perry at 28. What a huge draft for Anaheim. A lot of teams blew it. To get a franchise center at 19 doesn't happen often. 

Don't forget we also took Urquhart in the 2nd over Bergeron and/or  Weber.  My god for the last 17 year's we could of had Getzlaf and bergeron 1 and  2 as our centers. 😡

11 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Better late than never 🤜

So you’re saying that in 2021 you want a team that has Weber, Stall, Getzlaf, Perry and other players from the 2003 draft?? Why don’t we bring Vanak back too and trade for Parise.

8 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

If this is still true after already getting Stall, MB should be fired TODAY. How old of a lineup do we want, when the rest of the league is trying to get younger??  We should have drafted Getzlaf- he was my choice when he was playing junior hockey in Calgary. This is like us going after a washed up Denis Savard. Sure let’s get Getzlaf, Stall be two of our top 4 centres. Hike we are at it let’s get Suter, so he can partner up with Weber???  Maybe we can also get Parise (my brother’s choice) for Drouin while we ar at it! I’m a Drouin critic, but i sin want to be moving assets for old men - and if they assets are lazy asses!

You mean the last year we won a cup when you say going after Savard.... 

32 minutes ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

You mean the last year we won a cup when you say going after Savard.... 

Savard was not the reason we won the cup. Had we held on to Chelios and others after the cup win we were poised to be a contender for years.  Savard was behind the bench in our cup win!

9 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Don't forget Jeff Carter, Dustin Brown, Brent Seabrook, Zach Parise, Brent Burns, Ryan Kessler, Mike Richards, Loui Eriksson, Patrice Bergeron, Shea Weber, Corey Crawford, David backed, Jimmy Howard ... and even, in their own way, Brian Boyle, Eric Fehr, Mark Stuart, Patrick Eaves ...

In those first two rounds the Habs got AK, Cory Urquhart and Maxim Lapierre

Miserable, miserable memories

22 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Don't forget Jeff Carter, Dustin Brown, Brent Seabrook, Zach Parise, Brent Burns, Ryan Kessler, Mike Richards, Loui Eriksson, Patrice Bergeron, Shea Weber, Corey Crawford, David backed, Jimmy Howard ... and even, in their own way, Brian Boyle, Eric Fehr, Mark Stuart, Patrick Eaves ...

Why did you guys jump on the hindsight train today?:popcorn:

32 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

The 2003 draft produced more quality in the 1st 2 rounds than maybe any draft ever,  Bergeron at 45, Weber at 49 but the Habs and other teams struck out. 

2 hours ago, DON said:

Why did you guys jump on the hindsight train today?:popcorn:

In my case, I got worked up on the rumour of MB chasing Getzlaf.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

Has that account got a trade right in the last three years?  Or ever?

Don’t know

but a rumour is a rumour :P

36 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Don’t know

37 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Don’t know

Potatohead is Creasy?

Creasy is Potatohead?