Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

We’re not getting Gaudreau for Drouin straight up (LOL) so any trade for him would involve actually significant hockey assets. I’m not sure off the top of my heard what those might be - but we certainly could use a productive LW. Probably the initials “KK” would be involved…or maybe Toffoli +?...

Hence the "+"  ... but not certain I would consider KK or TT, Gaudreau is currently a one season rental ... what the Flames would want depends largely on where Calgary is going ... re-tool for 21-22 playoff run ... re-tool to go for playoffs in 22-23/23-24 ... rebuild ... too many scenarios for me to speculate

13 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Hence the "+"  ... but not certain I would consider KK or TT, Gaudreau is currently a one season rental ... what the Flames would want depends largely on where Calgary is going ... re-tool for 21-22 playoff run ... re-tool to go for playoffs in 22-23/23-24 ... rebuild ... too many scenarios for me to speculate

Obviously you only make a trade for Gaudreau if you sign him, like we did with Anderson. So that has to be the operative assumption. 

In that context, would you consider KK or TT? The latter + Drouin I would seriously consider, but I say that without knowing what Calgary has in mind.

27 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Obviously you only make a trade for Gaudreau if you sign him, like we did with Anderson. So that has to be the operative assumption. 

In that context, would you consider KK or TT? The latter + Drouin I would seriously consider, but I say that without knowing what Calgary has in mind.

Don't know that it is obvious ... at something similar to a "deadline deal" price a one year rental would be fine with me.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I only consider KK in an eichel deal. 

Given how hard it was to get centres in the recent past and Danault is leaving, you can't move him for a winger.

Good point. I’m just imagining it from Calgary’s perspective. I do wonder about TT/Drouin being of interest, though…

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Just so everyone knows, that account is run by a Montreal fan who, while he has gotten a handful right over the years, has a very low track record of actually being right.

Thanks ... I was wondering

16 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Eichel for whom?

Kotkaniemi, Poehling and a D prospect??

8 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think it will take more than that ...

Likely a first (maybe two) ... and the D prospect of Buffalo's choice (Guhle, Norlinder, Harris or Struble) ... I would offer a second first if it took Guhle out of the mix ... think he is the best prospect the habs have on D, on-ice and potentially in locker-room.

2 minutes ago, titanfan said:

Eichel for Lehkonen, Drouin a 1st and a 2nd

Buffalo retains $2 million in cap space.

Mtl signs KK for $3m

Habs have about $1m to add a depth D

About the only way this happens...but wow if it does!

And that's assuming Weber is off the books

40 minutes ago, titanfan said:

Mtl signs KK for $3m

Lol if you think buffalo is making that trade. I don't even think EA hockey would accept that on Xbox 😂

12 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Lol if you think buffalo is making that trade. I don't even think EA hockey would accept that on Xbox 😂

Think needs to add at least a kotkaniemi...

1 hour ago, titanfan said:

Mtl signs KK for $3m

Not a snowball's chance in hell does Buffalo make that trade.   Yeah  a big WOW if it does. 

You don't get a young dominant centre by giving up a 3rd line (but useful) player, an undependable winger and likely a late first round pick. 

To even get the conversation started with Buffalo for Eichel you are looking at  KK, (one of Romanov or Guhle) and a 1st round pick. I think that's a minimum. Young dominant centres are hard to come by and they aren't cheap. This is all assuming Eichel is 100% healthy, if not then stay away. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Not a snowball's chance in hell does Buffalo make that trade.   Yeah  a big WOW if it does. 

You don't get a young dominant centre by giving up a 3rd line (but useful) player, an undependable winger and likely a late first round pick. 

Even Mike Milbury doesn’t even make that trade…. Well maybe mad Mike is about the only one who might🤔

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

To even get the conversation started with Buffalo for Eichel you are looking at  KK, (one of Romanov or Guhle) and a 1st round pick. I think that's a minimum. Young dominant centres are hard to come by and they aren't cheap. This is all assuming Eichel is 100% healthy, if not then stay away. 

I’d make that trade and even give them  both Guhle, Romanov, Drouin, and another first, IF they added Dahlin, and IF Eichal had a completely clean bill of health - which may be doubtful.

3 hours ago, titanfan said:

Exactly.  Which is why we DON'T make a trade for Eichel.

We can make a trade for him that's not the issue. It's a) at what cost is to deep and B) his contract is big and  could handy cap us .

To give up  Suzuki or Kotkaniemi  or Caufield or Romanov losing  2 of these 4 guys could hurt us especially not knowing if his going to be healthy. Theirs other guys out there we could go after. So if Buffalo is asking for the sky and the moon  for him you walk away. 

1 hour ago, Habsfan89 said:

We can make a trade for him that's not the issue. It's a) at what cost is to deep and B) his contract is big and  could handy cap us .

To give up  Suzuki or Kotkaniemi  or Caufield or Romanov losing  2 of these 4 guys could hurt us especially not knowing if his going to be healthy. Theirs other guys out there we could go after. So if Buffalo is asking for the sky and the moon  for him you walk away. 

It's always about the cost and of course the cap hit but Eichel is elite and only 24 so worth exploring the cost. A 1-2 punch at centre of Suzuki and Eichel for the next 8-10 years would be about as good as it gets.  I would much rather have Eichel at 10M/year than Tavares at 11M/year.  There aren't many players worth a cap hit of 10M/year but he is one of them. 

• Like 1

Eichel would be an incredible pickup, but the cost it likely way too much to consider doing it.  It would be unimaginable for Buffalo to give away their top player for the Habs crappy guys with bad contracts like Drouin.  They will want serious return for their top player. 

2 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

Even if it was for all 4 of those guys - which I'm not suggesting the Habs should do, its that those 4 guys dont make enough money for that to work cap wise for the Habs.  Realistically, like already mentioned, the Habs would need to dump a bunch of salary to make it possible.  To bring in a 10mil guy the Habs would need to give up $10mil in salary.  Therefore, I cant see any deal happening without moving Gallagher because he is 1 of the Habs highest paid players.  ex:  Gally, KK, and Romy for Eichel, or even worse would be Gally, Suzuki and Caufield.