Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

13 minutes ago, Neech said:

He took significantly less to play for the Rangers as it was his destination of choice. I don't see many players doing that to come to Montreal.

If the reports are true.... We don't know that he was offered 13m a season, or for the same number of years. 

We also don't know if it actually is less money.  His partner is a model.  She is able to earn more money in New York than anywhere else, and that was a factor. 

There is also more advertising and sponsorship money in new york.

So again, its not necessarily taking less money....  we don't even know if the reports are true and even if they are, we don't know the other considerations. 

Just reading rumours about the Flames having a lot of interest in Tyler Toffoli. The need complimentary scoring and he would be a good fit there, played for Sutter in LA.  Obviously they wouldn't get him cheap. Who would we want from the Flames if a trade were to happen?  I don't know a lot about the Flames prospects.  I really like Toffoli, excellent two way player, good team guy etc  but in 2 years he will be a UFA and do you strike while there is a lot of interest? 

On a related note and not that I want him but what the heck has happened to Sean Monahan. Scored 82 points not that long ago and has gone steadily downhill since then.  Injuries?? 

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

Toffoli is a 25 goal + guy on a really cheap contract for 2.5 more years.

I want a kings ransom.

Pelletier and their 2023 first rounder.  Flames could regress 

If Toffoli isnt dealt at deadline, simply for Suzuki's development, wouldnt break my heart and in the summer should get better deal, no?

7 hours ago, Commandant said:

I want a kings ransom.

That seems fair, unlikely to get a player as good as Toffoli with a late 1st round pick so it would have to be a 1st plus a prospect. 

1 hour ago, DON said:

If Toffoli isnt dealt at deadline, simply for Suzuki's development, wouldnt break my heart and in the summer should get better deal, no?

Toffoli is valuable to the Habs in a lot of ways so you don't trade him easily.  Not sure you would get a better deal in the summer as teams tend to be more desperate at the deadline if they have a need. There might be a little bidding war right now. 

Tough call re: Toffoli. I’m receptive to the claim that if we want Suzuki to develop properly, a winger like Toffoli could be very helpful. On the other hand, linemates change, and the development of a kid can never be contingent on any one teammate. 

Plus, I just like Toffoli. Absolutely one of the most awkward skaters in the entire league, he somehow manages to keep delivering offence. It makes no sense, and that’s what’s fun about it.

Is there any interest in Anderson, or is his contract just too big?

I really like Toffoli as well.  Not an easy guy to give up plus he says he wants to be part of the solution. 

I was reading some Flames chat last night and one fan thought the Flames could get Toffoli "plus something else" by giving up Sean Monahan.  I had to reread that comment. Some fans are so out of touch with reality.  Monahan is making 6.3Million this year and next,  I think the Flames would have trouble giving him away, let alone getting Toffoli back. 

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

I want a kings ransom.

Instead of trading why they not just try Pelletier? 

1 hour ago, Dalhabs said:

Instead of trading why they not just try Pelletier? 

In a playoff race (Flames currently 2nd in the Pacific) they likely want a proven commodity rather than taking a roll-of-the-dice ... but until a trade (for Toffoli or someone else) is made one does have to wonder why they might not take a look at Pelletier, he is having a decent season in the AHL. 

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Tough call re: Toffoli ... Is there any interest in Anderson, or is his contract just too big?

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I really like Toffoli as well.  Not an easy guy to give up plus he says he wants to be part of the solution ...

Toffoli has likely the best trade value on the team ... if going into a rebuild TT only has two more seasons on his contract ... if they treat it properly and trade him to a winning team (i.e., give him a chance at a Cup) he might even consider returning as a UFA just when the team is hopefully a legit playoff contender.

Anderson has 5 more years on his deal ... plus he is a style of player that is difficult to replace ... plus, I've liked hi post game ... a little less of the "right thing" in his responses.

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Toffoli is valuable to the Habs in a lot of ways so you don't trade him easily.  Not sure you would get a better deal in the summer as teams tend to be more desperate at the deadline if they have a need. There might be a little bidding war right now. 

Agreed he is valuable in many ways ... but the timing is six of one/half-dozen of the other ... teams are perhaps more desperate at the trade deadline, but may have less ability to take on two more seasons (even if the AAV is reasonable) ... come the draft or summer teams have time to more easily  "make room" if needed capwise, bringing more teams into the equation ... so no reason to hurry a trade, but if the right pieces are offered then take them.

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

... so no reason to hurry a trade, but if the right pieces are offered then take them.

Agree, Chiarot you need to trade obviously because he will be a UFA,  Toffoli on the other hand there is no panic at all to trade him unless you get exactly what you want. 

11 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

What kind of a return would we be expecting?

Ditto!

What does Calgary have that is most attractive... or realistic to expect... IF happens.

21 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Toffoli is the o e forward I would trade to get a return similar to Patches

Trading Toffoli and Chiarot would be my two big moves and I love both players.

a 1st round draft pick, two second round prospects and a 5th... not quite the return I expected, but makes sense to trade Toffoli so that Caufield can have one of the RW spots.

Now let's see what they get for Chiarot

2 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Not sure I'd classify the elder Pitlick as a prospect any more, at age 30 ...

you are right. I saw he was picked in the second round but didn't check the year.

He will probably replace Paquette or Pezzetta as the 13th forward