Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

4 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

..  unless the expectation/standard for him is only 15 goals per 82 games. 

13.9g/82gms should be expectation, he is what he is after 377gms.

1 hour ago, DON said:

13.9g/82gms should be expectation, he is what he is after 377gms.

I rounded to the nearest "5" ... and I agree ... but for some the dream of 20++ will never die

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

I rounded to the nearest "5" ... and I agree ... but for some the dream of 20++ will never die

He was close in 2019-2020, pace of 23g+20a, but that was a career year, at least so far.

I really think he has the tools to do more, but somehow the execution is not there, whether it's a matter or effort or something else.

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Armia reminds me of Kovalev, but less talented. One game on five games off.

Clague is just not strong enough, he reminds me of Mete but a few inches taller.

I don't think Armia's issues have ever been effort level. 

I have lost count of the number of players who go on little hot spells and convince fans that they’ll be impactful guys “if they can put it all together.” 🙄 Armia and Drouin are two examples from the current roster. 

Generally speaking, once a dude has been in the league 3-4 years, it’s time to start ignoring the streaks as anything more than that.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I have lost count of the number of players who go on little hot spells and convince fans that they’ll be impactful guys “if they can put it all together.” 🙄 Armia and Drouin are two examples from the current roster.

Ignoring streaks, Drouin has still been averaging about 45 points/82 games, so I do think that counts as an impact (though not elite, clearly) player, on average.

What he can do with St Louis is still to be seen.

21 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Ignoring streaks, Drouin has still been averaging about 45 points/82 games, so I do think that counts as an impact (though not elite, clearly) player, on average.

What he can do with St Louis is still to be seen.

Drouin is 45th in LW scoring points/game; so guess safe to say, he is top six left winger at least. :spamafote:

And hope he is back sooner than later, not sure why he is even out?

On 3/11/2022 at 7:31 AM, Commandant said:

If we can dump him, given his age and contract, dump him, i don't even need anything 

What contract swaps make sense?

Quick search for me got like mayyyybe 4 options.

Jason Dickinson VAN

Radek Daska DAL

Carl Hagelin WAS

Maybe Adam Lowry if Winnipeg wants him back?

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I just saw that Gabriel Landeskog is undergoing knee surgery, no timetable on his return (perhaps a Kucherov situation). I wonder if this will alter the Avs trade plans at all, if they had any. 

They figure it'll be around a month for him and Girard.  LTIR won't be a factor for them.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

They figure it'll be around a month for him and Girard.  LTIR won't be a factor for them.

I hear that some minor knee surgeries can take MONTHS to heal
😉  😊

Jeff Marek and Elliot Friedman show today. 

Habs are kicking the tires on Pavel Zacha out of New Jersey. 

Habs are also interested in Minnesota Wild prospect Jack McBain.  Big centre, 6'4" playing his final season at Boston College... 19 goals 33 points in 24 games.  Minnesota may have some issues signing him and he may be a free agent if they dont.... but Montreal has an inside connection as he knows Hughes' kids apparently. 

What would the Devils be looking for in exchange for Zacha?

It looks like he might be able to do 40-50 points in a full season. But my concern is that in six seasons he has yet to play even 70 games. Prone to minor injuries?

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Jeff Marek and Elliot Friedman show today. 

Habs are kicking the tires on Pavel Zacha out of New Jersey. 

Habs are also interested in Minnesota Wild prospect Jack McBain.  Big centre, 6'4" playing his final season at Boston College... 19 goals 33 points in 24 games.  Minnesota may have some issues signing him and he may be a free agent if they dont.... but Montreal has an inside connection as he knows Hughes' kids apparently. 

A few teams have been tire-kicking on Zacha but it's a $3M qualifying offer and he's a year away from UFA eligibility.  Seems like an odd fit - he's wildly inconsistent and isn't exactly fast.

Not surprising that they're interested in McBain - rebuilding team wants young guy makes sense in theory - but I haven't seen too many think he has more than maybe 3C upside.  Could he be a Poehling replacement?  Maybe.  Would Minnesota take him instead of the second-round pick they're asking for?  Probably not.

20 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Looks like habs are sitting Ben chiarot before the trade deadline. Smart move we finally have a management team doing things right.  

Just as long as we don’t end up having to give him away. I thought we moved Taffoli to early, and would liked to have seen more back (will depend on how the prospect works out) - so timing is a fine balance. We want to maximize return, but avoid a Vanek situation.

31 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Just as long as we don’t end up having to give him away. I thought we moved Taffoli to early, and would liked to have seen more back (will depend on how the prospect works out) - so timing is a fine balance. We want to maximize return, but avoid a Vanek situation.

At least we will get parts in return for our ufa's that we won'T bring Back, something we haven't done in the last 20 Years we have always just let the walk. 

22 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

At least we will get parts in return for our ufa's that we won'T bring Back, something we haven't done in the last 20 Years we have always just let the walk. 

Not always; Gill, Eller, Kostitsyn, Cole, Diaz, Weise, Pelly, Desharnais, Plekanec

But, yes have missed opportunities, like 100% of teams have.

https://www.habswatch.com/p/trade-history.html#.YjDHF3rMK70

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

- so timing is a fine balance. We want to maximize return, but avoid a Vanek situation.

It certainly is a fine balance, wait too long and teams who may have been a good trade partner go in another direction and you are left holding the bag and getting a much lower return. 

The timing also works for buyers, if they wait too long then the player they want may end up being traded somewhere else.  it should be a fun few days coming up. 

3 hours ago, DON said:

Not always; Gill, Eller, Kostitsyn, Cole, Diaz, Weise, Pelly, Desharnais, Plekanec

But, yes have missed opportunities, like 100% of teams have.

https://www.habswatch.com/p/trade-history.html#.YjDHF3rMK70

The one that will always stand out in my mind and really hurts was not trading Souray.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

The one that will always stand out in my mind and really hurts was not trading Souray.

Yes, he stands out to me also and Kovalev also same year or close to i was hoping they would ship em, anytime after x-mas for 'something' and Koivu also many assumed he would be resigned, not sure what happened there.