Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

25 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I hope the shoulder injury does not become a recurrent issue. That may turn Xhekaj into a fringe NHLer if he cannot be as physical as he has been.

Let's hope for the best!

I’m more worried about Caufield. Our best players (Koivu, Markov, Price) have consistently suffered career-compromising injuries, so a permanently wonky shoulder for Caufield would be in line with the universe’s principle that the 21st century Habs don’t get to have star players be healthy.

22 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I hope the shoulder injury does not become a recurrent issue.

Holy negative outlook Batman.

You worry too much Potatohead.:nuts:

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, DON said:

This could push Edmundson’s value up.  With only 3 bigger fish on the market for defense, none of which have to be traded, and 2 teams in LA and Edmonton pushing for a defenseman.  It could lead to a panic trade at the deadline for Edmundson.

53 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

This could push Edmundson’s value up.  With only 3 bigger fish on the market for defense, none of which have to be traded, and 2 teams in LA and Edmonton pushing for a defenseman.  It could lead to a panic trade at the deadline for Edmundson.

yeah, and these LDs are still on the market:

• Jakob Chychrun, ARZ (LD) 24years/old 36gp 7g 28pts $4.6M/2 Yrs
  • Vladislav Gavrikov, CBJ (LD) 27 y/o 52gp 3g 10pts $2.8M/UFA
  • Mattias Ekholm, NSH (LD) 32 y/o 57gp 5g 18pts $6.25M/3 Yrs
  • Shayne Gostisbehere, ARZ (LD) 29 y/o 51gp 10g 30pts $4.5M/UFA

scratch Ekholm (LD)  is gone. The list of LDs that will probably go ahead of Edmundson are:

EDM is probably done.

44 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

scratch Ekholm (LD)  is gone. The list of LDs that will probably go ahead of Edmundson are:

EDM is probably done.

Two if those are totally different situations.

Chychrun is a move for.a team addressing long term needs.

Gostisbehere is a completely different type of player.

Not sure either of those is related to Edmundson 

17 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Two if those are totally different situations.

Chychrun is a move for.a team addressing long term needs.

Gostisbehere is a completely different type of player.

Not sure either of those is related to Edmundson 

And Columbus is looking for a first-plus-plus for Gavrikov (a pure rental), so Edmundson may well prove to be a better option for one of the buyer teams.

15 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

And Columbus is looking for a first-plus-plus for Gavrikov (a pure rental), so Edmundson may well prove to be a better option for one of the buyer teams.

yes, or a consolation price for a team that could not land one of these three

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

yes, or a consolation price for a team that could not land one of these three

I don't think there is any GM out there that is thinking "oh, if I could only get one of Gostisbehere or Edmundson", the two are close to the opposing ends of the spectrum.

18 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

EDM is probably done.

And Gavrikov is off to LA now.

18 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

:scared::tigi::hyper:

we have entered Edmundson trade watch territory !

:scared::tigi::hyper:

No, we haven't.  With a return that has been twice pushed back and a lingering back issue going back to last season, the Habs aren't getting top value for Edmundson.  Unless they change their tune to look to give him away to get out of the contract (and there's not much reason to do so), there's not going to be a real market for him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

No, we haven't.  With a return that has been twice pushed back and a lingering back issue going back to last season, the Habs aren't getting top value for Edmundson.  Unless they change their tune to look to give him away to get out of the contract (and there's not much reason to do so), there's not going to be a real market for him.

🤪

party pooper !

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

... Unless they change their tune to look to give him away to get out of the contract (and there's not much reason to do so) ...

I can see two ***POSSIBLE*** reasons ... (1) they have no confidence that next season won't be a repeat of this season and the last two ... missing 27 to 58 games, and likely not healthy for many he does play ... AND/OR ... (2) they feel that having both Edmundson and Matheson will block the development of their young defencemen and they don't want to force anyone to their "off" side.

19 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I can see two ***POSSIBLE*** reasons ... (1) they have no confidence that next season won't be a repeat of this season and the last two ... missing 27 to 58 games, and likely not healthy for many he does play ... AND/OR ... (2) they feel that having both Edmundson and Matheson will block the development of their young defencemen and they don't want to force anyone to their "off" side.

If it’s (2), they can still move him off-season. But given the number and  experience level of the kids (regression is usually part of the growing pains for young players), I think it would be safer having an experienced Dman that can be moved next year.

6 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

If it’s (2), they can still move him off-season. But given the number and  experience level of the kids (regression is usually part of the growing pains for young players), I think it would be safer having an experienced Dman that can be moved next year.

I'm certain that role could be filled in free agency if Edmundson gets traded.  Probably by a player that could easily slip down the depth chart if the kids don't regress.

13 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

That is Matheson ... they ***MIGHT*** want more than one spot open for Guhle, Harris and WiFi on the left-side next season without forcing someone to the right-side.

• 3 weeks later...

if there was any doubt Drouin was in MSL's good graces, this will probably be a one too many "faux pas" for #27. He is more than gone:

Suspended for being late to a team meeting

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

if there was any doubt Drouin was in MSL's good graces, this will probably be a one too many "faux pas" for #27. He is more than gone:

Is this quiet quitting?

Good luck Monsignor Drouin in your future endeavours. 

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

The bum deserves to be pressboxed for the remainder of the season.  I'd like to think that'd be the case if not for the slew of injuries, but who knows with this guy, the way he's always coddled.