Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Just read Eklund's blog. IS this too good to be true? a star player who apparantly wants to be in montreal? i must be dreaming. I say that its time for everyone to stop obsessing over the game in the states, accept that a cold sport wont go over well in the south, the players should realize that if they want to play in a passionate city it's going to have to be up here in the great white north (or a few select american cities). If eklund is right for once in saying that vinny wants to be in montreal then that's a good sign for hockey. Gary bettmen and his cronies are anti-canadian and can't accept that the game will grow the best in the country that loves it the most. Our dollar is just about as good as the american dollar, there is a lot of money to be made here. it's time for the canadian teams, the CBC and the fans to start voicing their opinions about the subject. BRING ON VINNY

Wow.. this has gotten off-topic...

Nevertheless, I'd go with Biel, but I sure wouldn't kick Alba outta bed for eating crackers. Although, I'd likely ask her to stop eating the damn crackers. Who eats in bed, anyway?

Is there anything rumoured in any of our division rivals to be happening? Boston, Leafs tapped out and Buffalo looking to stay where they are in salaries? I know trades will change things a bit, but there are still HOMELESS free agents....

Update: The Marleau for Halak, Ryder and Streit apparently came from Bob McKenzie on the radio show hockeyfans. This is still only at the word of mouth level which means it is practically a dead rumour. It'll be interesting to see some confirmation by today. I hope there is some news that is legit on this reported IF this is true info.

Update: The Marleau for Halak, Ryder and Streit apparently came from Bob McKenzie on the radio show hockeyfans. This is still only at the word of mouth level which means it is practically a dead rumour. It'll be interesting to see some confirmation by today. I hope there is some news that is legit on this reported IF this is true info.

Bob Mackenzie is connected, that's for sure.

But if the rumour is true, it won't be a rumour much longer - Gainey would be crazy to pass this up.

Well that would open up some roster space. I respect McKenzie as he has done this networking with hockey organizations for many years.

Wow.. this has gotten off-topic...

Nevertheless, I'd go with Biel, but I sure wouldn't kick Alba outta bed for eating crackers. Although, I'd likely ask her to stop eating the damn crackers. Who eats in bed, anyway?

Are you insane???

You could have Alba toast in bed...(or is that spelled Melba toast?? ^_^ )

Biel I imagine.

Damn skippy Biel

that Jessica Rabbit was one hottie though :lol:

Trade Ryder, Halak, and something for Marleau. Trade Dandenault to Columbus with Milroy for Chimera. Sign Brisebois.

Latendresse-Marleau-Kovalev

Higgins-Koivu-Kostitsyn

Chimera-Plekanec-Smolinski

Begin-Lapierre-Kostopoulos

Markov-Komi

Streit-Hamrlik

Bouillon-Brisebois

Huet

Danis

Gorges and Murray on the bench. Lahti's spot depends on what he shows in camp.

I kinda like that. Might even work out better if O'Byrne is impressive in camp, allowing us to have Brisebois as the 7th D-man.

Doug Wilson on XM Satellite Radio: I'm not shopping Marleau. He says he always gets inquiries about his top guys and listens to them all, but he is negotiating with Marleau right now on a contract extension.

It's on Spector's page.

Doug Wilson on XM Satellite Radio: I'm not shopping Marleau....right now on a contract extension.

I saw that. Doug Wilson is just reiterating what he has said all along. I have no doubt that Marleau will resign with San Jose. But there has been enough Marleau rumour news to sink a battleship well before this. Many reputable media sites (Gazette included) have floated this conjecture for a while now. Marleau is the 2007 poster boy for the guy who is rumoured to be traded but won't be. Anyone remember who it was last year? :D

I believe that BOb is calling and Wilson listening but listening doesn't mean a deal will happen

Here is an excellent (and long) article about Eklund. Very detailed and sums up his history, his anonymity and his sources etc. It both calls him out and defends him...so it should please both the supporters and haters :rolleyes:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/01/...stions-about-a/

A few snippets. Note there are accusations of him using other usernames on other blog sites but he flat out denies it.

"This passionate show of partisan advocacy isn't something you'd expect to see from a professional hockey writer, and that's because Eklund isn't one. But he wants to be, according to Kevin Allen, USA TODAY hockey writer and president of the Professional Hockey Writers Association, who said Eklund has "made it clear he would like to be included" in the organization. The question is whether the PHWA is willing to overlook serious questions about his ethics, tactics and candor in accepting him; and whether Eklund is ready, for the first time in his blogging career, for a little transparency."

"Eklund worked for the NHL under both John Ziegler and Gary Bettman. Eklund interned with the Quebec Nordiques. Eklund wrote for the Hockey News. Eklund did all of these things, even though Eklund also had nothing to do with hockey after graduating from college. This is because Eklund -- at least in the pre-HockeyBuzz, rocket-to-lockout-stardom days -- wasn't a person.

"He" was a committee.

Eklund was the byline, but the information about high-level ownership meetings and inside scoops from the NHLPA came from a consortium of plugged-in individuals that wanted to break through the spin machine and speak directly to the fans. The biography on the site was crafted together from different members of this League of Extraordinary Eklunds."

"There's no denying that Eklund now has legitimate sources; if not with NHL franchises themselves, then with player agents and even within the top brass of the NHL, including a relationship with commissioner Gary Bettman. Yet he continues to mix the occasional breaking news with dozens of false leads, bad information and outlandish proposals. Allen said when it comes to the PHWA, there are plenty of different kinds of writers under the tent -- from columnists and rumor-mongers to feature writers -- so Eklund's chosen form of hockey writing isn't an issue. In the end, and even before questions about his ethics would even be addressed, there's only one primary reason why Eklund will not be admitted into the PHWA.

It's the very thing that's brought Eklund both fame and infamy: his anonymity."

Trade Ryder, Halak, and something for Marleau. Trade Dandenault to Columbus with Milroy for Chimera. Sign Brisebois.

Latendresse-Marleau-Kovalev

Higgins-Koivu-Kostitsyn

Chimera-Plekanec-Smolinski

Begin-Lapierre-Lahti

Markov-Komi

Streit-Hamrlik

Bouillon-Brisebois

Huet

Danis

Gorges, Murray, Ferland on the bench.

I kinda like that. Might even work out better if O'Byrne is impressive in camp, allowing us to have Brisebois as the 7th D-man.

Where's Tom Kostophiphopaloplos ?? :lol:

Here is an excellent (and long) article about Eklund. Very detailed and sums up his history, his anonymity and his sources etc. It both calls him out and defends him...so it should please both the supporters and haters :rolleyes:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/01/...stions-about-a/

Hehe, nice article about this clown! ^_^

I've already stopped reading his rumours a while ago, it's always the same crap. Dunno how people pay for such blogs ... though it's a fact that people like reading trash. ;)

Today's Eklund:

Penner Decision Coming VERY soon Today @ 10:58 AM ET | Comments (18)

According to sources.

Tags: nhl Sabres Canadiens blues Maple Leafs Flyers Bruins panthers capitals Hurricanes avalanche oilers coyotes blackhawks kings blue jackets

No kidding.....the DEADLINE is up the decision will be today! At least if you bought a rag paper (star enquirer etc...) you could use it for TP once your done reading/paying for it. ^_^

Seems were always 'tagged" in ANY rumor post etc....

This is pretty much why I will always think Eklund isn't worthy of anyone's time. He's just building fake hope to the biggest fan markets. The Marleau rumors is a good example since they all came from his site.