Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I'll be back for this when the season will start. I have a nice story but it's 100% confidential now for both artistic and hockey related reasons.

do you means : if Koivu is gone before Christmas you'll give me a million ???

My god...

you're not going to start citing "sources" are you?

That has been played out.

My god...

you're not going to start citing "sources" are you?

That has been played out.

Oh yes man I have a source coming from an "artistic" project related to the Canadien. All i can say is that there is a new song coming up on radio this autumn about the Habs, and aproved by Pierre Boivin and the Club de hockey Canadien... I even heard the demo, but it remains confidential till it comes out...

Oh yes man I have a source coming from an "artistic" project related to the Canadien. All i can say is that there is a new song coming up on radio this autumn about the Habs, and aproved by Pierre Boivin and the Club de hockey Canadien... I even heard the demo, but it remains confidential till it comes out...

And since the song doesn't mention Koivu, you inferred he will be traded?

Yeah, I heard it to. It is a Christmas song. It goes like this: Jingle Bells, Koivu smells, the Habs are giving him away! We want to lose to get John Taverns in the next draft yearrrrrrrrrrr! It is way better with the back-ground music. They have Ryder playing fiddle, and Kovalev deftly beat-boxing.

:rolleyes:

By the way, the guy who wants to bet a million will pay only when he has a million left to spare ... like the guy who took the bet and says he will only pay when he has 100$ burning a hole in his pocket.

I'll take the bet ... if Koivu isn't traded before xmas, as predicted by a Habs song, you pay me 100$. And I'll pay you 100$ if a song is released with Kovalev beat boxing and Ryder playing a fiddle. Deal?

:lol:

Yeah, I heard it to. It is a Christmas song. It goes like this: Jingle Bells, Koivu smells, the Habs are giving him away! We want to lose to get John Taverns in the next draft yearrrrrrrrrrr! It is way better with the back-ground music. They have Ryder playing fiddle, and Kovalev deftly beat-boxing.

:rolleyes:

By the way, the guy who wants to bet a million will pay only when he has a million left to spare ... like the guy who took the bet and says he will only pay when he has 100$ burning a hole in his pocket.

I'll take the bet ... if Koivu isn't traded before xmas, as predicted by a Habs song, you pay me 100$. And I'll pay you 100$ if a song is released with Kovalev beat boxing and Ryder playing a fiddle. Deal?

:lol:

Man i'd would really, but REALLY love to see Ryder playing fiddle and Kovaleve deflty beat-box ha ha ha ha

and no i won't take your bet because i highly doubt Ryder would be playing fiddle and Kovy beat-box. Everybody knows that Ryder is a beat-box master and Kovy is the fiddle Lord ;):P

From hockeybuzz today:

"Update:According to four seperate sources the Sharks are keepijng a close ear to the Montreal Canadiens situation and what may or may not occur with phenom rookie Price. Should Price make the team, as is widely anticipated, the Habs will have a backup to spare and the Sharks reportedly really like Halak."

4 seperate sources...................guess it's a done deal then... ^_^

From hockeybuzz today:

"Update:According to four seperate sources the Sharks are keepijng a close ear to the Montreal Canadiens situation and what may or may not occur with phenom rookie Price. Should Price make the team, as is widely anticipated, the Habs will have a backup to spare and the Sharks reportedly really like Halak."

4 seperate sources...................guess it's a done deal then... ^_^

Regardless of EK's credability. The human mind is a funny thing. Every habs fan is keen on Price hopefully being our future but a rumour like this pops up and we will see posts about how we shouldn't give up on Halak, what if it comes back to haunt us, bla ....bla ....bla.... Shit! I'm already feeling that way, what if he is indeed better then Price? I just hope it brings us a Marleau caliber player, I'd hate to give him away for nothing. SanJose is a good trading partner though. They have a lot of talent young and old on the team.

I don't think Halak alone can bring us a Marleau caliber player, but if packaged with other prospects, we never know

Halak, Ryder + Grabovski for Marleau??

Is that really any worse than Sturm, Primeau + Stuart for Thornton?

You know i dont know what's the big buzz around Patrick Marleau, he isnt that impressive...and giving our only 30 goal scorer since Pierre Turgeon and V. Damphouse isnt really an option unless we do an other trade for more offensive potential scorer...

You know i dont know what's the big buzz around Patrick Marleau, he isnt that impressive...and giving our only 30 goal scorer since Pierre Turgeon and V. Damphouse isnt really an option unless we do an other trade for more offensive potential scorer...

Marleau is also a 30 goal scorer, except that Marleau can do other things too.

aye i was just wondering if he suddenly got better last 2 year because of thornton and playing with him on PP because before that trade between boston and sharks it looks like Marleau was a 50-55 pts achiever

Edited by Partisan

aye i was just wondering if he suddenly got better last 2 year because of thornton and playing with him on PP because before that trade between boston and sharks it looks like Marleau was a 50-55 pts achiever

It had nothing to do with playing with Thornton, and everything to do with checking lines being used against Thornton instead of Marleau.

Addition by subtraction.

I think BG is too shy and patient to make a blockbuster deal like taht.

Name one big trade BG has made since he's been here.

Okay ill give him the fact that he went for breire and smyth, but that's the only major attempt to get a great player wearing a habs jersey (i know we have some youth conming up soon)

I think BG is too shy and patient to make a blockbuster deal like taht.

Name one big trade BG has made since he's been here.

Okay ill give him the fact that he went for breire and smyth, but that's the only major attempt to get a great player wearing a habs jersey (i know we have some youth conming up soon)

He also tryed to trade for Patrice Bergeron... that would have been a blockbuster.

How many young forwards and prospect do we need?

How about just packaging him for someone of consequence.

An impact player leaving won't work for Wilson. SJ are considered contenders (apparently). BOb might want a "Pavelski" as an example. He's probably the only center Wilson would even consider moving. If Halak + "?" went the other way we might land a prospect with Pavelski to make the deal even. Don't forget that the acquired prospect might make it feasable for BOb to flip out said prospect or deal one of our current ones to make another deal with another team altogether.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

An impact player leaving won't work for Wilson. SJ are considered contenders (apparently). BOb might want a "Pavelski" as an example. He's probably the only center Wilson would even consider moving. If Halak + "?" went the other way we might land a prospect with Pavelski to make the deal even. Don't forget that the acquired propspect might make it feasable for BOb to flip out said prospect or deal one of our current ones to make another deal with another team altogether.

I'd say we'd ask for a "young player" more so than a prospect. Pavelski, Bernier, & Goc come to mind. Big bodies that can play right now.

That being said, Greiss just played a great game last night for the Sharks, and if he has a good pre-season, I don't see why they'd be asking for Halak until they see how he fares over a more prolonged period of time in the bigs.