Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Yeah I live 15 min from Lake Placid. Didn't get to goto as many of the games as I had wished. They started at 4 PM during the week and I usually get home around 6. It was a treat to get to see what I saw though.

Thats awesome.

On RDS tonight they talked about a trade rumor: Kovalev for Alex Tanguay.

always have to be for a french guy or a guy witha french name :lol: Gotta love RDS.

What about

(large package from habs to Atlanta for Ilya and Marian)

That package would have to contain Komisarek and/or Higgins. I say we focus on getting one first liner and either a good defenceman or bruiser.

Some names I am hearing tossed about are....

- Doan

- Hossa

- Tanguay

- Bourdon

Mostly sounds like garbage,

Edited by OneSharpMarble

That package would have to contain Komisarek and/or Higgins. I say we focus on getting one first liner and either a good defenceman or bruiser.

- Doan

- Hossa

- Tanguay

- Bourdon

I would go hard after Hossa. If they ask for to much you wait them out until they sweat him leaving for nothing.

Then you pick him up with your secondary prospects and picks.

So the two rumours going now are Kovalev for Tanguay and Halak to San Jose.

I think Tanguay would be a good fit for the Habs. Not sure I'd want to deal Halak unless it was a very decent return...

- Doan

- Hossa

- Tanguay

- Bourdon

Who was the last impending UFA to garnish a good roster player in a trade?

Who was the last impending UFA to garnish a good roster player in a trade?

I cant remember one. That is why you wait and see if Waddell panics. He did last season.

Coburn for Zhitnik???

Yeah you don't get Hossa AND Kovalchuk for Murray, Begin and future considerations. :wacko:

I am sure they would rather let them walk for nothing than that.

No what I was saying is the Habs do not need to give Markov or Higgins for him but rather prospects and draft choices.

Yeah I am sure the list of prospects would include Price as mandatory. And he is much more important than Higgins or Komisarek.

NO way they are getting Price or a Price like prospect from any other team and they have Lehtonen but no goalie can be good with that defense.

They could get 1st and 2nd round pick from the Habs with a selection of D'ago, Lahti, Grabovski, Fischer, Valentenko, O'bryne

NO way they are getting Price or a Price like prospect from any other team and they have Lehtonen but no goalie can be good with that defense.

They could get 1st and 2nd round pick from the Habs with a selection of D'ago, Lahti, Grabovski, Fischer, Valentenko, O'bryne

For Hossa, i'd give Grabovski, 1rst pick, 2nd pick and Fisher RIGHT NOW! now let's talk about cap space...

Price is nothing compared to Kovalchuk and Hossa, signed or not. You have two 40+ goal scorers, 80-100 points per season EACH. You are looking at two first rounders for each and a high end prospect and they could get that!

Haha a 1st and 2nd round plus a selection of those mediocre propects that may not make the nhl, who are we talking about here Ryan Smyth?

Price is nothing compared to Kovalchuk and Hossa, signed or not. You have two 40+ goal scorers, 80-100 points per season EACH. You are looking at two first rounders for each and a high end prospect and they could get that!

Haha a 1st and 2nd round plus a selection of those mediocre propects that may not make the nhl, who are we talking about here Ryan Smyth?

If Hossa were signed to a long term deal maybe but he is an impending UFA on a team that looks headed for the cellar they do not have good barganing power.

GIVE ME A BREAK. No team is going to trade both. Kovalchuk is not even on the block. So it is a waste of a conversation to tell us how we cannot acquire both.

Hossa, now that is another story. If they try to make a deal right now Waddell will ask for the moon.

3 months from now, he will get what he can so he does not get stuck with ZERO.

Nobody in their right mind would trade Price for possibly a 6 month rental, let alone a 2 month rental.

But in February if Hossa is not going to resign you think Atlanta would not be interested in 2 prospects and a 1st?

Seeing as Montreal has great prospect depth they will be right in there on the bidding. Don't kid yourself

GIVE ME A BREAK. No team is going to trade both. Kovalchuk is not even on the block. So it is a waste of a conversation to tell us how we cannot acquire both.

Hossa, now that is another story. If they try to make a deal right now Waddell will ask for the moon.

3 months from now, he will get what he can so he does not get stuck with ZERO.

Nobody in their right mind would trade Price for possibly a 6 month rental, let alone a 2 month rental.

But in February if Hossa is not going to resign you think Atlanta would not be interested in 2 prospects and a 1st?

Seeing as Montreal has great prospect depth they will be right in there on the bidding. Don't kid yourself

JMMR brought up this proposal I am simply arguing about it. I didn't know you are the arbiter of all things that will or will not happen in the universe. I didn't say we couldnt get both but it would be extremely costly.

First, as soon as Hossa hits the market he will be gone, he wont be sitting around for 3 months. Nobody sits there and twiddles their thumbs when a proven 100 point getting franchise player becomes available.

Second ofcourse his value would go down, you have him for less time means you have less time to get him signed.

JMMR brought up this proposal I am simply arguing about it. I didn't know you are the arbiter of all things that will or will not happen in the universe. I didn't say we couldnt get both but it would be extremely costly.

First, as soon as Hossa hits the market he will be gone, he wont be sitting around for 3 months. Nobody sits there and twiddles their thumbs when a proven 100 point getting franchise player becomes available.

Second ofcourse his value would go down, you have him for less time means you have less time to get him signed.

1. I don't think it was serious

2. All the posts that followed he referred to a UFA, which would indicate Hossa.

At no time in history has a team traded it's 2 best players at the same time. Taking that proposal serious is silly.

The only way Hossa flies out the door when he hits the market is if he agrees to a contract extension with the team he is going to. In that case his value becomes way more than just prospects and picks.

I'd try to trade Ryder + Fischer and/or Emilyn (sp) + 1st round pick and\or 2nd round pick for Hossa (heck throw in Streit{reluctantly} or Dandy or the cube{hopefully})

they get back a 30 goal scorer, decent picks and prospects, and defensive depth if they need it (i don't really know)

we get a substantial upgrade to Ryder.

anything more than this might be overpaying for him, and in my opinion he is not really what is needed anyways, we need a scoring threat down the middle. I am not saying i wouldn't welcome him. If there is one thing that last nights game has shown me is that we are still lacking finish around the net, and Hossa would bring the polish...no doubt about it.

but aside from this rumour if it could be called that

I cant help but think that Koivu's days in a Canadiens jersey are coming to and end soon. this is just my speculation but I can see him being shipped west in a package with Huet for a number one center, I am thinking of Ansie Kopitar. Los Angeles, could use Huet and some veteran help down the middle. (Although I find it hard to belive that they would trade for Huet considering thats where he came from). But Regardless where he gets shipped to i think its in the cards. I just don't know if Koivu's leadership is going to make him invaluable to this team anymore, I think that its time to pass the torch.

Does anyone else see this about Koivu?

Edited by Davehab

I'd try to trade Ryder + Fischer and/or Emilyn (sp) + 1st round pick and\or 2nd round pick for Hossa (heck throw in Streit{reluctantly} or Dandy or the cube{hopefully})

they get back a 30 goal scorer, decent picks and prospects, and defensive depth if they need it (i don't really know)

we get a substantial upgrade to Ryder.

anything more than this might be overpaying for him, and in my opinion he is not really what is needed anyways, we need a scoring threat down the middle. I am not saying i wouldn't welcome him. If there is one thing that last nights game has shown me is that we are still lacking finish around the net, and Hossa would bring the polish...no doubt about it.

but aside from this rumour if it could be called that

I cant help but think that Koivu's days in a Canadiens jersey are coming to and end soon. this is just my speculation but I can see him being shipped west in a package with Huet for a number one center, I am thinking of Ansie Kopitar. Los Angeles, could use Huet and some veteran help down the middle. (Although I find it hard to belive that they would trade for Huet considering thats where he came from). But Regardless where he gets shipped to i think its in the cards. I just don't know if Koivu's leadership is going to make him invaluable to this team anymore, I think that its time to pass the torch.

Does anyone else see this about Koivu?

I would not make a trade like that unless Hossa was signed to a new deal. That is to much for a possible rental.

As for Koivu. I think he is a little overrated by some, and vastly underrated by others. I don't expect him to go anywhere. But ya never know. I like him.

Edited by Wamsley01

I think Joe's packag eis similar to what I would do though I would try hanging on to Fischer. But Grabovski, Ryder + Perezhogin/Emelin? Maybe a 1st rounder involved, though Gainey and his staff don't like do deal picks at all costs, though Hossa could be an exception.