Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Someone explain to me how players now can use this extortion tactic when they don't get what they want. I understand the need to make money and all but don't nhl teams protect themselves from this. It just seems like if they don't get to play a regular shift in the NHL they want to go to Russia and usually they make more then they would in the NHL.

I'm glad we have been avoiding european players in the draft.......at least canadiens and americans want to stick it through till the end before they bail to europe for hockey. To each his own but this blows.

The one good thing is Pittsburgh is interested. That could bite us in the ass because he is better then Fleury and I don't want Armstrong. Maybe Malone but not armstrong. This sucks.

Come on BG bail us out of this one. I would be into sweetening the pot for a decent return even if it means adding Ryder and Grabs or someone we don't want to lose. Got to give to get.......

They don't lose him and his rights can still be traded. Wait for the right deal...no sense in trading him for a pick cause all you do is help another team (and allow other players to try to take advantage of similar situations on the team) . Teach the kid a lesson. Perezhogin made the same mstake and he would probably be playing with Kovalev since nobody else can play on the 2nd line.

Halak is UFA after this year is he not? If so and the fact (if true) that he said he will leave the team means Gainey gets nothing. Seen this happen before and getting a pick or nothing I would take the pick.

Well that really is too bad about Halak.

Halak is UFA after this year is he not? If so and the fact (if true) that he said he will leave the team means Gainey gets nothing. Seen this happen before and getting a pick or nothing I would take the pick.

He is a RFA.

I say talk Pitts into giving up Malone.

Lats-Laps-Malone could turn into a pounding scoring machine.

if malone came over, it seems more likely that chips would centre that line. Laps is really a fourth liner, imo.

if malone came over, it seems more likely that chips would centre that line. Laps is really a fourth liner, imo.

That would be even better, Maybe Laps should be included in the deal. He obviously has some problems and I don't think Kovy likes him very much. speculation of course.

A possible package could be in the works with Atlanta. Lehtonen and Hedberg are looking really bad. Halak could challenge one of them. What could land us Hossa? or even Kozlov?

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

There were 2 scouts from Vancouver at yeaterday's game against Philly... that leads to believe that Vancouvers' two scouts and assistant GM that were at the game tuesday were not there for the Trashers...

The Cannucks have a poor start and struggle offensively... could they need a second line winger to play with the Sedins? Ryder maybe?

But who do we need from Vancouver?

There were 2 scouts from Vancouver at yeaterday's game against Philly... that leads to believe that Vancouvers' two scouts and assistant GM that were at the game tuesday were not there for the Trashers...

The Cannucks have a poor start and struggle offensively... could they need a second line winger to play with the Sedins? Ryder maybe?

But who do we need from Vancouver?

the way there playing, we could go for their 1st rounder !! it'd be a good pick. there's not a player on that roster that I would take. well, the one that I would love are not available.

Ryder would be a great pick-up for the Canuckleheads. They could put him with the Sedins and watch the fireworks.

However, I have to agree that the Canucks have very little that we need. OK, Bieksa. But the Canucks wouldn't make that deal. Sammy Salo is another possibility, if we want to absorb his endless injuries. But both of those guys are out with long-term injuries right now, so they won't be part of any immediate deal. Even the Canucks young guys, like Luc Bourdon, I don't know if we need more of those kinds of prospects in our system.

So I'd say: Bieksa or Salo, when either guy gets healthy, MIGHT be a decent return for Ryder. Bob should give that some thought, especially Bieksa.

Mike Milbury would not trade Bieksa for Ryder, we would destroy the Nucks badly in that deal. Though they do badly need a scoring RW and Ryder has been rumoured to be on their wishlist, just about any of their defenceman is too good for a struggling impending UFA. Krajicek would probably be a good return for Ryder. Bieksa, Salo, Ohlund and Mitchell are all #1-#3 defenceman. Bieksa is also young - one of their most valuable players.

I would do Ryder for Krajicek straight up - Edler or Bourdon would be good too but we have enough D prospects (and defenceman) - adding Krajicek would give us 9 or 10, there'd be no need for another.

Krajicek strikes me as a 5th defenceman; at least, that's what he is on Vancouver. I know fans of a team tend to overrate their players, and I know Ryder looks like garbage right now, but that strikes me as a fairly poor return for a guy with three consecutive 30-goal seasons. Now, you may be right that Bieksa would be a grossly unfair return from the Canucks' perspective. In this case it just reinforces my impression that there's no deal there to be had. But what about Salo, then?

I think Krajicek can be seen as a second pairing defenceman, maybe similar to Streit but a bit better. He plays on the third pairing with Vancouver because they have the deepest defence in the league. I think they value Salo a lot but I could see them moving him for Ryder as they have enough defenceman to replace Salo (and Edler could use a bigger role) and Ryder would finally complete their top line, moving Pyatt to Naslund's line.

As for us, I don't think losing Ryder would hurt our offence too badly as Kostitsyn could take his place and has more offensive upside than Ryder (or any other forward ever to enter our system since possibly Guy Lafleur). Salo would turn our defence from good enough to very good. Imagine:

Markov-Komisarek

Hamrlik-Brisebois

Salo-Streit

with Bouillon, Dandenault, Gorges in the wings and O'Byrne on the farm

That would give US one of the deepest defences in the league, I think.

I think Krajicek can be seen as a second pairing defenceman, maybe similar to Streit but a bit better. He plays on the third pairing with Vancouver because they have the deepest defence in the league. I think they value Salo a lot but I could see them moving him for Ryder as they have enough defenceman to replace Salo (and Edler could use a bigger role) and Ryder would finally complete their top line, moving Pyatt to Naslund's line.

As for us, I don't think losing Ryder would hurt our offence too badly as Kostitsyn could take his place and has more offensive upside than Ryder (or any other forward ever to enter our system since possibly Guy Lafleur). Salo would turn our defence from good enough to very good. Imagine:

Markov-Komisarek

Hamrlik-Brisebois

Salo-Streit

with Bouillon, Dandenault, Gorges in the wings and O'Byrne on the farm

That would give US one of the deepest defences in the league, I think.

I really like these pairing, but can't we include Bouillon or Gorges in the deal to make cap space? I mean Ryder and Bouillonf for Salo and a 4th pick or kinda...

Salo is an excellent defenceman with a deadly point shot. That trade might elevate us to near-contender status IF - and in my book it's a big 'if' - Kostityn can step up and replace Ryder's offence. A further question mark is Salo's health, which is erratic at best. Still, if I don't think I can sign Ryder, I make that trade. I'd be happy to throw in Bouillon or whoever, in return for a pick or what have you, if it makes the Canuckleheads feel better.

As for Chris's argument that the best we can get for Ryder is a pick or a prospect...I just don't get it. Ryder is a legitimate NHL sniper, a guaranteed 30 goal man. Yes, when he slumps (as he is now) he looks utterly worthless. That's par for the course with all goal scorers. I'm not saying he's a god, but why on earth would we trade him for that kind of return? Better for Bob to get on his horse and sign the man.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

The Habs don't need another D man. A pick or prospect is what they'll get for Ryder. paired with Halak you may get a potential young scorer.

before you guys put halak in every package deal, you should look if the other team really need a prospect in nets. the nucks dont.

Was it speculation or an actual rumor coming from a "source"?

As PMK says, we can't absorb Richards' salary. Plus, that would leave TB without a capable second line center, and without reinforcements on D.

A trade for Richards is not impossible, but I'd be surprised if the names mentioned are right...

Was it speculation or an actual rumor coming from a "source"?

As PMK says, we can't absorb Richards' salary. Plus, that would leave TB without a capable second line center, and without reinforcements on D.

A trade for Richards is not impossible, but I'd be surprised if the names mentioned are right...

Not to mention, TB would need to get rid of Denis' contract.

Richards makes over 7 million a season. We can't absorb that salary with so little going back.

It must be BS

It could work cap wise for the habs.

They have just over $4M in space right now and then you add on Ryder's $3M and Kostitsyn's $1M (values are rounded off for easier math) and you free up the $7.8 M for Richards.

I don't want any part of this deal at all.

Richards is over paid and Kostitsyn is too valuable.

It could work cap wise for the habs.

They have just over $4M in space right now and then you add on Ryder's $3M and Kostitsyn's $1M (values are rounded off for easier math) and you free up the $7.8 M for Richards.

I don't want any part of this deal at all.

Richards is over paid and Kostitsyn is too valuable.

I just ran the math, they'd be over by $387,297.66, which isn't really much (that figure has Murray up for the season, so it's really even.)

As for the "rumour", wishful thinking - Tampa's not trading one of their stars for a struggling pending UFA, a 1st rounder who's yet to live up to his potential (not a write-off mind you) and a goalie who's currently the backup on a below .500 farm club. Habs really have no need for Roy, he likely wouldn't get in the lineup on a regular basis anyways; it'd just be a waste of cap space.