Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Tradfe rumor on CKAC :

Ryder, Halak, Andrei Kostityn

for

Brad Richards, André Roy

I heard the same thing last night on 110%. The rumor originated from P.J. Stock from the Team 990.

He was on 110% last night, and they discussed the possibility of this trade. According to Marc DeFoy of le Journal de Montréal, he doesn't think this rumor has much merit to it. And frankly, neither do I!

Isn't it about time for EK to dust off the Vinny and Marleau rumors? It's been a couple weeks (at least) since he's posted about them........... :lol:

Ya, thats right I almost forgot. Now that is another accurate rumour with substantial credibility and both should be done by the end of the week. :lol: :hlogo:

Just my thoughts, but have a feeling that Ryder's days in Montreal are numbered. Even if he last the year, doubt he will be back. The guy can score, but that's about it. With the Habs getting stronger, there will probably be better alternatives out there. Maybe someone in the system, or a solid free agent signing. Possible in a trade if Gainey can find a taker. However, don't wanna see Kosty shipped out, cause he's got loads of potential. Give him some time to see how really good he will become. Don't mind seeing Ryder packaged with maybe Halak, Bouillon or even draft choice if Gainey can find a top 6 forward. Seems like Ryder doesn't really fit in anymore. Maybe he's just in a little slump, but with Higgy playing so well, rather see a better choice on the right side with him and Saku.

There are some moves out there. There are wingers struggling in the west that may just swap for Ryder and Halak. These are a few examples: I have no idea about contracts or lengths.

CheeChoo for Ryder and Halak.

Horcoff for Ryder I beleive he is wing and center

The Habs clearly need a RW to help the top line.

Can Lats do it? He did play his best with Koivu last year, he is a natural RW.

There are some moves out there. There are wingers struggling in the west that may just swap for Ryder and Halak. These are a few examples: I have no idea about contracts or lengths.

CheeChoo for Ryder and Halak.

Would love to see the CheeChoo hustle in Montreal. Not sure this would happen though as he is a very good player that does not complain. I don't mind Ryder this year, his game is good except for the goal scoring which Montreal really needs.

Cheechoo = Rob Brown

Entirely dependant on another player for bulk of his performance.

I'm not saying he doesn't hustle and is an okay NHLer...but if he didn't have Thornton on his line he'd be Micheal Ryder. Why would you include Halak in the deal and overpay?

Guys, if Ryder is moved, i wouldn't expect the habs to get much in return. He's a UFA after this season, which means teams won't give up much to get him. look at what bob had to give up to get Kovalev in 2003...almost nothing.

Unless bob signs Ryder to a long term deal this year, he won't get much in return for him!

Edited by Habsfan

Cheechoo = Rob Brown

Entirely dependant on another player for bulk of his performance.

I'm not saying he doesn't hustle and is an okay NHLer...but if he didn't have Thornton on his line he'd be Micheal Ryder. Why would you include Halak in the deal and overpay?

Cheechoo makes less money and is signed for longer term than Ryder. Cheechoo is also much faster and more aggressive than Michael.

As far as Horcoff, he's a C, not a winger.

I would actually be happy with a Smoke-like player in return for Ryder as we can find 1st line replacements internally. Latendresse, Kostitsyn, Grabovski and Kostitsyn and D'agostini can all grow into that roster spot.

I see no point in trading Ryder now though unless he wants to give one of those young players a chance (right now, one of them is benched every night). At any rate, once Ryder is gone I don't think we'll miss him much.

Guys, if Ryder is moved, i wouldn't expect the habs to get much in return. He's a UFA after this season, which means teams won't give up much to get him. look at what bob had to give up to get Kovalev in 2003...almost nothing.

Unless bob signs Ryder to a long term deal this year, he won't get much in return for him!

give me a top draft pick(1s-2nd) and I'll be very happy.

I doubt that ryder will be traded before the deadline.

give me a top draft pick(1s-2nd) and I'll be very happy.

I doubt that ryder will be traded before the deadline.

Rivet got us 1st + Gorges as an impending UFA. Ryder can get us atleast that. A late first plus a decent bottom 6 forward.

Rivet got us 1st + Gorges as an impending UFA. Ryder can get us atleast that. A late first plus a decent bottom 6 forward.

and 1st would be pacioretty and he add another point yesterday :clap:

I think you are all over rating, as you have for years now, Ryders value. He has a decent wrist shot, goes to the corners well on some nights and has a finishing touch of a decent but not league leader forward. I like him, always have, but would have not been dissappointed if he was gone preseason, and will be happy when a true goal scorer takes over our top line wing from him. I think I was called nuts for suggesting that this summer, but hey, I knew his luck would run out and he would have a 15 goal season, it was a matter of time. He is not a true 1st line wing, just a fill in until we develop one.

BREAKING NEWS:

RYDER and BOUILLON shipped to Hamilton Bulldogs for S. Kostitsyn and future considerations.

The future considerations being R. O"byrne if one the top 6 d-men get hurt.

BREAKING NEWS:

HABSWORLD trade MFT77 to the QUICKTOPOINTTHEBLAME.COM message board for a 7TH ROUNDER.

and 1st would be pacioretty and he add another point yesterday :clap:

Yep they organized a kind of mini tournament about 1 1/2 month ago, and observers said Pacioretty just looked like Eric Cole aka EXACTLY the kind of player we need...

BREAKING NEWS:

HABSWORLD trade MFT77 to the QUICKTOPOINTTHEBLAME.COM message board for a 7TH ROUNDER.

hahahaha QUICKTOPOINTTHEBLAME.COM would be an awesome site name. Nicely said Trizzak... Got to go and errr...ahhh...uummmm register a domain name :rolleyes:

BREAKING NEWS:

Phew. For a second there I thought we were going to get Aebischer4life back in return.