Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Huselius is in the dog house with Mike Keanan in Calgary, they had similar problems in Florida, so supposedly he's on the trading block.

Would Mike Keanan be stupid enough to trade him for Ryder? They're both UFAs at season's end.

And during an intermission on RDS they said that Tampa is trying to get rid of one of their big salaries. It would likely be Richards, cause he's the worst of them.

But if they were to trade Lecavalier, here is a package that they might consider:

Koivu or Kovalev

Komisarek

Halak or Huet

1st round pick

That's a hell of a lot to give up, but that's what premium players are worth.

Would Mike Keanan be stupid enough to trade him for Ryder? They're both UFAs at season's end.

And during an intermission on RDS they said that Tampa is trying to get rid of one of their big salaries. It would likely be Richards, cause he's the worst of them.

But if they were to trade Lecavalier, here is a package that they might consider:

Koivu or Kovalev

Komisarek

Halak or Huet

1st round pick

That's a hell of a lot to give up, but that's what premium players are worth.

Thats almost worth it....I would sorely miss Komisarek but, Lecavalier would make me forget about him I'm sure

Thats almost worth it....I would sorely miss Komisarek but, Lecavalier would make me forget about him I'm sure

If it's true about the turmoil in Tampa and Teams have called about Vincent you might need to add Higgins as well and take off Koivu and Kovalev, I don't think Tampa wants a big salary to deal with. I wonder if Halak, Higgins, Komi, Ryder, and a 1st rounder would do the trick. Depends what other teams are offering I guess.

This would be painful but I would do it. I always look back at the Thorton deal with the sharks and B's. I thought Boston got hosed, but hey, both teams are doing well.

"Unlimited upside"???

Are you serious?

We are talking about Halak, (an NHL backup, boarderline starter at best) and Armstrong who has proven to be a third liner for every NHL season in his career (Not to mention he's a dirty player)

I'm Sorry....but "Unlimited upside" is a bit overblown

So you have made a judgement call on the 16 games you have seen the 22 year old Halak play?

I guess you had decided what Hasek's upside was as a 27 year old with the Hawks after 20 games. Or I imagine that you knew Huet was a steal for the Habs after his 12 game stint in 2003 wiht the Kings as a 28 year old? Or how about Ed Belfour in 89 as a 24 year old after 4 wins in his first 24 games with the Hawks. I would love to see the Montreal faithful react to having Higgins score 40 points in 47 games and be labelled as a proven third line player, because that is what Armstrong produced in his rookie year. But of course I am sure you lamented the loss of Desjardins but just laughed at them adding Leclair in 94 as he was nothing but a proven 3rd liner.

Please.........When you are done with your crystal ball can I borrow it?

YOU MISSED THE POINT. THe point is you have NO IDEA how good Halak may be if given 65 starts in the NHL. To contend otherwise is nonsense. Unless you can tell me that you are a Bulldogs season ticket holder and watched him 80 times last year your speculation on his future means absolutely nothing to me.

Mark Recchi is going to be 40 in 2 months. Everybody on this board knows what he is capable of for the rest of this season. And it sure is hell is not going to make a bloody lick of difference on this team, especially with the price being a guy who has upside.

Armstrong and Halak have not peaked, Recchi peaked 10 years ago. It is a dumb trade that will not happen unless your GM is named Rejean Houle or Gord Stellick. You want to get burned, trade talented prospects for veterans on the decline, veterans that will turn you from an 8th place team into an 8th place team. High Risk/Low Reward, no thank you.

This board praises Sam Pollack all the time, Pollack fleeced the league for 10 years with these exact type trades. Limited upside veterans for undervalued youth.

Edited by Wamsley01

lets face it people we have to swallow it up this year again! Im not saying were not gonna get out of this hole but don't expect more than a playoff spot this season:

Reason number one is that with our present roster and our cap, we cannot improve with any type of trade. the trade we are thinking about (get a Lecavalier, Ovechkyn, requires first of all a team that is a legit cup contender. that rules us out, because any type of trade of that magnitude would create such a void in (an)other spot(s) to fullfill the worth of that A player. For us it would be stupid madness! Plan B get that old veteran recchi like player yes is possible but dont we already have plenty of those in our team? Lets suck it up boys and be patient and see what can happen by bringing up more of our youth and demoting the old rusty ones down waiver their asses

lets face it people we have to swallow it up this year again! Im not saying were not gonna get out of this hole but don't expect more than a playoff spot this season:

Reason number one is that with our present roster and our cap, we cannot improve with any type of trade. the trade we are thinking about (get a Lecavalier, Ovechkyn, requires first of all a team that is a legit cup contender. that rules us out, because any type of trade of that magnitude would create such a void in (an)other spot(s) to fullfill the worth of that A player. For us it would be stupid madness! Plan B get that old veteran recchi like player yes is possible but dont we already have plenty of those in our team? Lets suck it up boys and be patient and see what can happen by bringing up more of our youth and demoting the old rusty ones down waiver their asses

It is not hopeless to pull the trigger on a deal. The Habs are 4-5M under the cap and any deal that they make would probably include throwing in Ryder/Huet so that they could take back even more in a deal. It is still possible (but probably a pipe dream) to make a pitch for Hossa because the Habs have alot of good prospects and Atlanta might panic about losing him for nothing.

Those type of deals will remain a possibility.

Prying away a star is counterproductive to what they are trying to accomplish right now because like you said they would most likely have to gut what they have to bring in a star.

But Gainey is the king of deals coming out of left field. So if it happens, it most likely will not be mentioned in this thread before hand.

It is not hopeless to pull the trigger on a deal. The Habs are 4-5M under the cap and any deal that they make would probably include throwing in Ryder/Huet so that they could take back even more in a deal. It is still possible (but probably a pipe dream) to make a pitch for Hossa because the Habs have alot of good prospects and Atlanta might panic about losing him for nothing.

Prying away a star is counterproductive to what they are trying to accomplish right now because like you said they would most likely have to gut what they have to bring in a star.

But Gainey is the king of deals coming out of left field. So if it happens, it most likely will not be mentioned in this thread before hand.

totally agree on the possible frantic GM who's scared of losing for nothing

but we have more depth in Dmen prospects!... and unless we want to get a number one Dman I dont think a team thats willing to trade their franchise forward wants blue chip Dmen unless they really are lacking there. what do we have that could fulfill their roster needs? Not Ryder, Higgins maybe Lats maybe? but from the farm? the two kosty's?

When people say we're 4-5M under the cap, they are forgetting Price and Brisebois' bonuses. In reality, we're only 2 or 3 million under the cap.

When people say we're 4-5M under the cap, they are forgetting Price and Brisebois' bonuses. In reality, we're only 2 or 3 million under the cap.

Even with those bonuses and Halak's callup, the Habs stand at just under 48.5 million according to Brian's cap calculator.

Even with those bonuses and Halak's callup, the Habs stand at just under 48.5 million according to Brian's cap calculator.

It's Brian who keeps telling me we're only 2 or 3M under the cap as opposed to the other numbers people are coming up with. ;)

It's Brian who keeps telling me we're only 2 or 3M under the cap as opposed to the other numbers people are coming up with. ;)

You're both right somewhat - I just ran in today's payroll, and the projected space at year's end, including bonuses being achieved is $3,184,137.28, in the 2-3 range.

Brisebois and Price's bonuses could be deferred to next season if need be though

You're both right somewhat - I just ran in today's payroll, and the projected space at year's end, including bonuses being achieved is $3,184,137.28, in the 2-3 range.

But if you are taking on a 6M UFA salary with 25 games to go it is about 1.8M against the cap, no?

any thoughts on gainey looking at what anaheim has to offer regards to defence since the ducks have to make a move before neidermayer returns?

what would you think of the habs getting back Francois Beauchemin ?

To be honest my stomach does flips everytime I see brisebois being turned inside out and he also jumps up into the play way too often, as if he was a eager 20 yr old ... I give him a bit of credit though because I think for the most part he is trying hard but I still believe his icetime should be limited to mostly the PP.. and can the Habs actually afford to have him in the lineup just for PP purposes? I think Beauchemin would fit in quite nicely.

Gainey is up to something.

^_^

Edited by newf

any thoughts on gainey looking at what anaheim has to offer regards to defence since the ducks have to make a move before neidermayer returns?

what would you think of the habs getting back Francois Beauchemin ?

To be honest my stomach does flips everytime I see brisebois being turned inside out and he also jumps up into the play way too often, as if he was a eager 20 yr old ... I give him a bit of credit though because I think for the most part he is trying hard but I still believe his icetime should be limited to mostly the PP.. and can the Habs actually afford to have him in the lineup just for PP purposes? I think Beauchemin would fit in quite nicely.

Gainey is up to something.

^_^

Beauchemin would be a major addition for us.

ahhh....

Markov-Komi

Hamrlik- Beauchemin

O'Byrne - Who the hell cares?

nice dream there but I think that's all it is at this point.

We could beat this point to death even more if we knew exactly how much the Ducks have to cut to fit Neidermayer in.

Beachemin's salary would help too, but in all likelihood it will be a lesser blueliner they move.

Edited by Habitforming

If the Habs could get one of the top 4 from the Ducks it would make them a much stronger team. The Ducks will be looking for youth and draft chocies I hope Bob puts a package together.

Beauchemin would be a major addition for us.

ahhh....

Markov-Komi

Hamrlik- Beauchemin

O'Byrne - Who the hell cares?

nice dream there but I think that's all it is at this point.

We could argue this point more if we knew exactly how much the Ducks have to cut to fit Neidermayer in.

Beachemin's salary would help too, but in all likelyhood it will be a lesser blueliner they move.

ahhh c'mon why not use the word debate, discuss, or talk-over... argue is too confrontational ;)

ahhh c'mon why not use the word debate, discuss, or talk-over... argue is too confrontational ;)

Edited :lol:

Beauchemin's contract status is $1.650M for this and next season. Maybe it's just me, but the Ducks would need to clear more room than that for next season. (this season they are fine) Especially when Perry, Kunitz, and others are in for a raise.

Edited by Habitforming

so then probably oddonald

O'Donnell

I think it will be Mathieu who they trade.

who needs schneider ??

could help a team like chicago or columbus...maybe atlanta.