Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Schneider would be an awesome fit for us, but we only have Bouillon to give back so nothing will happen. We have too many defenceman and not enough capspace to pick up a d-man without giving one back.

Schneider would be an awesome fit for us, but we only have Bouillon to give back so nothing will happen. We have too many defenceman and not enough capspace to pick up a d-man without giving one back.

we're a hockey team not a retirement home for old, overpriced players

I think it will be Mathieu who they trade.

Matthieu might actually have some value insofar that he has been a pretty decent thrid liner whereas Bouillon has been a not so great 3 pair guy. The only problem is that trading Dandenault doesn't really fix the logjam at D.

I doubt we could get him from Anaheim and I really don't want him. Too old, too expensive, not really what this team needs. Also, Schneider is in his first season in Anaheim - it's generally not considered cool to move a guy 25+ games after signing him. Maybe we can trade Smoke and Brisebois for him :).

Edited by simonus

Well, Spector writes

NBC11.COM: Raj Mathai recently reported there's apparently dissatisfaction amongst "key players and front office officials" toward team captain Patrick Marleau, leading Mathai to suggest the club should trade Marleau as his trade value is currently higher than his value with the Sharks.

True or not I feel the Habs should try and make a deal, so our top 4 centre's would be Marleau, Koivu, Pleks, Chips. Pretty darn good and well balanced line-up down the middle.

Seriously now ..........Who do we offer?

Keep in mind that Marleau could also become trade bait for us should Vinny one day leave Tampa.

I say Ryder,Streit, Grabs, Halak or Huet,, not sure if we need to throw in a pick or maybe get Marleau and a pick back.

NBC11.COM: Raj Mathai recently reported there's apparently dissatisfaction amongst "key players and front office officials" toward team captain Patrick Marleau, leading Mathai to suggest the club should trade Marleau as his trade value is currently higher than his value with the Sharks.

That should make anybody a little nervous.

Well, Spector writes

True or not I feel the Habs should try and make a deal, so our top 4 centre's would be Marleau, Koivu, Pleks, Chips. Pretty darn good and well balanced line-up down the middle.

Seriously now ..........Who do we offer?

Keep in mind that Marleau could also become trade bait for us should Vinny one day leave Tampa.

I say Ryder,Streit, Grabs, Halak or Huet,, not sure if we need to throw in a pick or maybe get Marleau and a pick back.

it's always difficult to predict a 4 quarters for a dollar trade, which is probably exactly what a Marleau trade would look like.

I'd go ahead and say Ryder, D'Agostini, 2nd round pick. If there were a real trade, it would probably require more from the habs, but I just can't predict moving Higgins or Plekanec.

I wouldn't mind moving Fischer, but I don't think they are looking for D. I would trade Huet, but he is looking to go somewhere he can be an absolute no. 1 goalie. The SJ backup seems solid enough atm.

I was going to say Andrei so Sergei Kostitsyn, but it just feels wrong to break them up.

That should make anybody a little nervous.

yeah, I never like being on the receiving end of a "get a guy back on track" trade. That being said, the risk would be somewhat mitigated if we sent Ryder the other way.

Spector writes :

- The Montreal Canadiens are believed sniffing around to see if there's a market for goalie Cristobal Huet.

Spector's Note: There is, but it probably won't happen until the New Year.

I wonder if Gainey still wants to trade Huet after Price three last games...

We're talking about Marleau here. A provent point producer in the NHL. No big risk there.

Thats just the last 2 years, before that he was mediocre...i'm not sure if he's the answer. Offcourse he's an upgrade. But we want to become A+. Not B, so you gotta aim higher i believe...I dont think you will win a cup with players like Marleau. Only with guys like Vinny (nowadays)

But yes im aware that Vinny in MTL, will be for years to dream!

Yep, 13 pts in 28 games doesn't cut it in San Jose. Don't know why it would in Montreal.

He's obviously better than the level he's at right now, but the Sharks really don't need to move him because they're winning games anyway.

Tortorella was pissed that there was a St. Louis for Turco rumor going around (Dreger mentioned it on TSN last Friday). Feaster and Tortorella seem to really believe they can win without breaking up their big 3.