Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Anaheim traded Andy McDonald to St. Louis for Weight.

Thank god the habs didn't get involved.

The rumored deals were too much for the return.

Sometimes the best deals are the ones you never make

:blink: Eklund says San Jose's Wilson is having intense talks with Gainey. He lists it as an e4.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=11848

PS. I don't necessarily subscribe to Ek or believe it. Please don't shoot the messenger. :)

Spector says today Selanne is maybe signing with a swedish league . Man he must really only hate Montreal, or hate Saku. It's cold in Sweden so it's not the weather.........I'm sure Gainey has had some talks with him.....

What gives.

Spector says today Selanne is maybe signing with a swedish league . Man he must really only hate Montreal, or hate Saku. It's cold in Sweden so it's not the weather.........I'm sure Gainey has had some talks with him.....

What gives.

Plus, Fins hate the Swedes... what the hell?

So all then GMs, when they hang up their phones after their heavily strategic discussions, using other teams as leverage and such (and putting players with their stats and attributes in datasheets, call some accountants or actuaries, balance everything out, etc) go in the hallway just to talk to the janitor (who is really an Eklund agent)... and then go back to their leveraging strategies... Obviously, the janitor, as soon as the GM is out of view, send a sms on their blackberry to Eklund, who then goes on to post it on his blog.

yeah... pretty probable.

:lol:

I love Eklund... More reliable than the rumour mill in EA's NHL... ;)

Seriously, The guy knows nothing and knows no- one. Good business man. His site is raking in dollars.....

That's not true though.

Hockey circles are close knit and it would be very easy to expose his "hockey relationships/sources" at any given point.

To date and after all the controversy involved no one has been able to dispell the claims made by Eklund for contacts, sources or otherwise. The man does huge business on the net but it is for good reason, he gets the best people to "blog" on his site. Yvon Pednault, Andy Stricklnd etc all give credibility to him as well as his NHL network shows with players "behind the scenes" type stuff.

In short, the man has contacts, and he sells rumors that will likely never happen, but that doesn't mean the teams aren't talking about the exact deals.

I don't buy a tenth of what he says, but it would be foolish to assume he doesn't know anything, or anyone when it would be so easy to exploit it as a lie.

just take it for what it's worth.

That's not true though.

Hockey circles are close knit and it would be very easy to expose his "hockey relationships/sources" at any given point.

To date and after all the controversy involved no one has been able to dispell the claims made by Eklund for contacts, sources or otherwise. The man does huge business on the net but it is for good reason, he gets the best people to "blog" on his site. Yvon Pednault, Andy Stricklnd etc all give credibility to him as well as his NHL network shows with players "behind the scenes" type stuff.

In short, the man has contacts, and he sells rumors that will likely never happen, but that doesn't mean the teams aren't talking about the exact deals.

I don't buy a tenth of what he says, but it would be foolish to assume he doesn't know anything, or anyone when it would be so easy to exploit it as a lie.

just take it for what it's worth.

My reply was stating the fact that in the past few weeks he's posted a million rumors. Into the late hours of the night, only to be completely wrong. You'd think that a man as well connected as he claims to be would have caught wind, where at least one of his posts even mentioned St.Louis.

No doubt he knows some people and runs in some hockey circles, How valid is the real question. The Perez Hilton of hockey. So what he's friends with Stu Grimson, Or he's an usher at ACC centre.. As far as his bloggers ...Money talks. It might be Demers for all we know.

Smart man though, He's never, and I mean Never right. Not even close, yet we all post links and listen to what he's saying. Talk about selling snow to Eskimo's

Brilliant.

he sells rumors (that will likely never happen)

This sums up Ekland perfectly. He is worse than a high school gossip, but obviously there are enough people with their ear to the ground on this.

Because of his huge strike out percentage, I avoid his site. I much prefer spector, who posts rumours from more legitimate sources!

I really don't get the McDonald Weight deal, unless the prospect their way is a diamond in the rough!

The dull thing about Spector, though, is how EVERY one of his rumours is tinged with 'I don't see it happening' - 'It makes no sense' - 'Highly improbable' - ad nauseum. He is always down and negative. Eklund, though rarely, if ever, right, at least is giddy and excited, like a high-school gossip, sure, but more 'user-friendly', shall we say. Spector sounds too much like official team press releases. He may very well be more grounded in reality, but he's more dull at the same time.

Eklund is a guilty pleasure, like looking at the Journal de Montreal's Habs coverage after a game.

What gives.

Or maybe he still wants to play hockey, but doesn't want the 82 game season and rigorous travel of the NHL.

I really don't get the McDonald Weight deal, unless the prospect their way is a diamond in the rough!

Not really much to understand. They gained the cap room to add Niedermeyer to the team without losing a great deal of talent. They replace a 2nd line center with a 2nd line center. Sure, MacDonald is a little younger, but he's shown this year that he was doing a great job of riding Selanne's coat tails.

Did any of you hear about this rumour emanating from Shaun Star from the Team 990...apparently a player from Latvia(who's been playing in the Finnish elite league) called shaun Star and told him that the Canadiens had been talking to him.

He used to belong to the Florida Panthers, and he had made the team, but Florida wanted to offer him a 2 way contract, and he only wanted a one way-NHL contract. They refused and he went to Finland.

This Guy is 6'3" tall and weighs 230 pounds. HE can skate well and isn't afraid of using the body. HE has this really weird name Janis Sprukts????

Edited by Habsfan

Did any of you hear about this rumour emanating from Shaun Star from the Team 990...apparently a player from Latvia(who's been playing in the Finnish elite league) called shaun Star and told him that the Canadiens had been talking to him.

He used to belong to the Florida Panthers, and he had made the team, but Florida wanted to offer him a 2 way contract, and he only wanted a one way-NHL contract. They refused and he went to Finland.

This Guy is 6'3" tall and weighs 230 pounds. HE can skate well and isn't afraid of using the body. HE has this really weird name Janis Sprukts????

I'll believe that when I see it.

The name sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it immediately. It turns out I've got his rookie card lol.

It wont happen...remember how Lahti was supposed to be a sure bet ???

if a big centerman isnt good enough for florida I doubt he'll fit here.

he did have decent numbers in the ahl,though

And he called a radio station to talk himself up. Hmm...

If true, I'm sure the cards-to-the-chest Bob will be thrilled at this.

he didnt call radio station himself...he's a facebookcrap buddy with shaun starr who works on the morning show onteam 990,,,thats where it all started.

apparently the guy told starr that pierre gauthier contact him personnaly.

he didnt call radio station himself...he's a facebookcrap buddy with shaun starr who works on the morning show onteam 990,,,thats where it all started.

apparently the guy told starr that pierre gauthier contact him personnaly.

Even worse!

What's next, nude summer camp pictures of lil Kots on the net? Err, wait a minute...I think I'll have to post that on a Laffs board somewhere.