Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Komisarek's a big, physical player so the 88 suits him. It's an intimidating number and not just because Lindros wore it.

I'm sorry, but I disagree. I think Komisarek should keep number 8...and Ovechkin would take 88!

I'm sorry, but I disagree. I think Komisarek should keep number 8...and Ovechkin would take 88!

Maybe Ovechkin can make Komisarek an offer of a nice sum for the number, after all if he gets the big contract to come to Montreal money will not be a problem.

If Alexander Ovechkin was willing to come to Montreal, and I was in charge of the team, the converstation would go something like this:

Me: Mike, Ovechkin is coming....and it's contingent on being able to keep his number.

Komi: But I really like wearing number 8...I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Me: Let me break it down for you, Komi. We're talking about Alexander F-ing Ovechkin here. You can either give him your number and embrace another number, or you can be stubborn and insist on keeping number 8. Just know that you'll be wearing number 8 on another team, because if I have to trade you to make that number available, I'd do it in a heartbeat in this situation. It's your call.

If Alexander Ovechkin was willing to come to Montreal, and I was in charge of the team, the converstation would go something like this:

Me: Mike, Ovechkin is coming....and it's contingent on being able to keep his number.

Me: Let me break it down for you, Komi. We're talking about Alexander F-ing Ovechkin here. You can either give him your number and embrace another number, or you can be stubborn and insist on keeping number 8. Just know that you'll be wearing number 8 on another team, because if I have to trade you to make that number available, I'd do it in a heartbeat in this situation. It's your call.

Sounds like you'd be a dick GM who would alienate his players. :D

Good to get Ryder going to up his value as trade bait. I like many others don't see him sticking around next season, and we've shown that we can be good enough without him, so we should try not to let him walk for nothing.

Sounds like you'd be a dick GM who would alienate his players. :D

Good to get Ryder going to up his value as trade bait. I like many others don't see him sticking around next season, and we've shown that we can be good enough without him, so we should try not to let him walk for nothing.

:puke:

Unfortunately, that's not really BG's style. Now that Ryder is scoring, I'm almost sure Gainey will keep him. Gainey's philosophy is that if a player is doing well, you keep him around (for depth purposes, at the very least); if a player is struggling, you wait... if he struggles more, you wait more... if he struggles some more than you consider trading him.

I'm happy that Ryder is back as our offence was doing well even without our leading scorer from last season (especially at 5-on-5) but I would prefer we had just dealt him for Ladd (which I think was a real offer) or for a similar offer and never have to worry about whether he's going to produce again or not.

It is not the idea of showing how tough you are it is a matter of making sure the players get along, building chemistry. Paying off another team mate for his number is done all the time. It is not something a GM gets involved in. Sorry but I agree with other writer you would alienate the players in short order.

It is not the idea of showing how tough you are it is a matter of making sure the players get along, building chemistry. Paying off another team mate for his number is done all the time. It is not something a GM gets involved in. Sorry but I agree with other writer you would alienate the players in short order.

There was a game against washington a few weeks back and during a whistle in the Habs end as players re-grouped for a face off Ovechkin and Komi almost bumped. Komi kind of held back a bit and through the corner of his eye looked at the back of Ovechkin's shirt. I don't know what, but something went through Komi's head, you could see it in his eyes for that split moment where he was looking but didn't want to get caught looking. It was probably more me then anything else, but I think out of respect for the player Ovechkin is Komi would cough up the number before anyone even asked him too.

Man I wish we were discussing this because the signing actually happened.

Streamer are you crazy?

Arnott scored 46 goals with Streit and Kostopoulos on his wings in my NHL 2008 game.

Montreal will never get Arnott as long as Muller is here that is for sure.

Streamer are you crazy?

Arnott scored 46 goals with Streit and Kostopoulos on his wings in my NHL 2008 game.

LOL

Streit is my 6th dman, playing with O'Byrne (who's my 5th only because I don't like giving too much importance to Streit)...

I got Hannan for Dandouillon.

And Arnott for Ryder and Smokes.

Kosto is playing on the 4th and S. Kost was doing so great in AHL that I promoted him to the 2nd line. he's not shabby, but Latendresse is the star. He's my 2nd best scorer.

Muller hates him.

Hates his attitude and him as a team mate.

Really? where do you get that from?

I don't see Arnott as a guy who could have attitude problems... but what do I know?

There was a game against washington a few weeks back and during a whistle in the Habs end as players re-grouped for a face off Ovechkin and Komi almost bumped. Komi kind of held back a bit and through the corner of his eye looked at the back of Ovechkin's shirt. I don't know what, but something went through Komi's head, you could see it in his eyes for that split moment where he was looking but didn't want to get caught looking. It was probably more me then anything else, but I think out of respect for the player Ovechkin is Komi would cough up the number before anyone even asked him too.

Man I wish we were discussing this because the signing actually happened.

No kidding! Do you realize that all this talk about Ovechkin was started because Jack Todd decided to dream "out loud" in his article in the Gazette!?

It just goes to show how crazy and obsessed we (Habsfans) can be, when it comes to this team!

Hey it's all good, we can dream, can't we!!?!?! :clap: go :hlogo: go

LOL

Streit is my 6th dman, playing with O'Byrne (who's my 5th only because I don't like giving too much importance to Streit)...

I got Hannan for Dandouillon.

And Arnott for Ryder and Smokes.

Kosto is playing on the 4th and S. Kost was doing so great in AHL that I promoted him to the 2nd line. he's not shabby, but Latendresse is the star. He's my 2nd best scorer.

Really? where do you get that from?

I don't see Arnott as a guy who could have attitude problems... but what do I know?

I never would have guessed either but I heard it from the horses mouth.

- According to the Montreal Gazette, the Rangers have inquired about Canadiens RW Michael Ryder, who has not been performing well in his contract year.

That's so 2007. :rolleyes:

;)

@JMMR - Nice, if there is one player I could know personally, he'd be on my shortlist.

- According to the Montreal Gazette, the Rangers have inquired about Canadiens RW Michael Ryder, who has not been performing well in his contract year.

I wonder who they would give up who could be of any value to us.