Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Well, now that you've posted it, I'm sure we'll see such rumours surface. :rolleyes:

Hee hee...I still wonder if the media frenzy over Marleau-for-Koivu had anything to do with a series of posts I produced on this site arguing for just that. They went up not long before the rumours picked up steam. (Probably a coincidence but it did seem suspicious). I tell you, the Internet really exposes how bulls**t most of the hockey media really is.

I am amazed no rumours have surfaced out of Vancouver. Those guys are desperate for seconday scoring with the Sedins. Dangling a three-time 30-goal scorer might be more than they can resist.

Among Canucks fans, Ryder's name has come up a lot. He probably would explode being gift wrapped so many scoring chances with those two. However Nonis won't bite if the price is insane.

Among Canucks fans, Ryder's name has come up a lot. He probably would explode being gift wrapped so many scoring chances with those two. However Nonis won't bite if the price is insane.

Yeah, I don't know who Nonis would give up, surely not a roster player seeing how handicapped they are on D already. Maybe Cooke, or just some prospects or picks.

Send over a case of Molson Ex to Gainey's house and you might be surprised to see Ryder wearing Blue and Green

I dont think we will trade for any superstar at all. I think Gainey will do a smaller deal for good faceoff 3rd-4th liner... Perreault anyone?

That'd be ironic.

Perreault's a real useful guy when it comes to faceoffs and generating some offense (even Don Cherry loves him), but his problem is he isn't really good enough to be a top-six forward, and teams don't like using one-dimensional offensive guys as their checking line centres. So, he doesn't really fit in anywhere.

Well no one mentioned this so far. Might as well pull the cat out of the hat.

It was said by Pednault that 11 scouts were in attendance for last night's game: Vancouver, New Jersey, St.Louis, Washington, Calgary, Pittsburgh, Anaheim and Columbus. He also added that the Ducks' scout has been following the Habs for about 3 straight weeks.

I would hate Ryder to leave.

He came from nowhere and turned out to be a good goalscorer. He also seems like a nice guy.

He's playing a contract season and should be better, but why just blame Ryder? The Higgins, Koivu, Ryder constelation was a great offensive power that almost alone with Sheldon Souray got us the the playoffs. Sure Plekanec had a good finish, but they where the ones that produced.

Look at Kovalev now. I think it says a lot about chemistry and finding the right combination. I know a lot of people disagree, but Saku Koivu is a weak first line centre. Compare with Chechoo. He had could produce 56 goal with the right centre. Ryder could do the same. But now he's in a slumber and I hope someone will wake him up. His shooting percentage should be evidence. 7.8 compared to Kovalev's 17.2.

I hope the Habs keep Ryder and make an improvement without losing a player that has so more goals in him.

He came from nowhere and turned out to be a good goalscorer. He also seems like a nice guy.

He's playing a contract season and should be better, but why just blame Ryder? The Higgins, Koivu, Ryder constelation was a great offensive power that almost alone with Sheldon Souray got us the the playoffs. Sure Plekanec had a good finish, but they where the ones that produced.

Look at Kovalev now. I think it says a lot about chemistry and finding the right combination. I know a lot of people disagree, but Saku Koivu is a weak first line centre. Compare with Chechoo. He had could produce 56 goal with the right centre. Ryder could do the same. But now he's in a slumber and I hope someone will wake him up. His shooting percentage should be evidence. 7.8 compared to Kovalev's 17.2.

I hope the Habs keep Ryder and make an improvement without losing a player that has so more goals in him.

Ryder is taking the heat because he has been the worst player on the team this season. Higgins gets some slack because he's a young guy and because he works hard and is a likeable guy. Koivu is the captain and a fan-favourite - besides, he's been playing well lately and he could have a few more points if his wingers were playing well. But Ryder has no real excuse and I don't think the fact that he came out of nowhere has any relevance at all.

I have no problem with keeping him though, as he's been playing like a decent bottom-line NHL player lately and that's good enough for me for him to atleast warrant a roster spot. I like that he atleast works hard and throws around his body, he's a stupid player though and that really limits his game.

The shooting percentage is kind of the problem though, it hardly proves that he can score 56 goals...no one can if they score on only 7.8% of their shots.

I think Ryder's percentage says that he takes bad shots.

And the fact that he came out of nowhere makes me like him more. It's always more fun when a late pick turns out to a NHL-calibre player.

Use the search button. I think many said they same thing about Kovalev a year ago. Ryder had that flow then, and Kovalev was under. Calling Ryder a bottom line player is harsh. Management have to do everything possible to get him going again. That's one of the reason I wish Gainey looks into Fedorov. Or someone with enough offensive talent, but still defensive responsible that could put some spark to Latendresse and Ryder. Putting Ryder with Koivu may not be the best idea since both tends to have bad +/- ratings.

Ryder has stunk this year plain and simple, you have to attribute some of Koivu and Higgins' poor play to having a dead-weight playing alongside them for a good chunk of the games. Even last year in a 30 goal season he often had very poor performances and has shown he is pretty useless besides the odd goal that he pots. He'll be overpriced to bring back as a UFA and not worth the gamble of having another year like this one. We have better players within the system to take his place (bring Chipchura back up and put Lats back with Koivu for instance), or we could look for a replacement via trade or free agency. I don't think Ryder figures in our long-term plans, he's not worth the cap space.

Latendresse has raw talent, but I still think he needs at least 2 seasons to kick it into gear. Power forwards are notoriously hard to develop, and there's a lot of areas where he needs work. Still, he has a pretty good nose for the net for a third liner, which is why he's with the team, but I'd like to see him play a more physical game, and quite obviously skating is something he will work on.

Latendresse has raw talent, but I still think he needs at least 2 seasons to kick it into gear. Power forwards are notoriously hard to develop, and there's a lot of areas where he needs work. Still, he has a pretty good nose for the net for a third liner, which is why he's with the team, but I'd like to see him play a more physical game, and quite obviously skating is something he will work on.

I agree that he has a ways to go, but he still has 14 goals this year with a hell of a lot of missed chances. I'd say in 2-3 years will when he'll truly become whatever player he's supposed to be (maybe a 30-40 goal a year guy), but next year we can expect some more improvement from him.

Guillaume will have to kick his physical play up a notch to become a real threat. he's already our best scorer 5 on 5 but if he decides to pay the price a bit more in the corners and in front of the net he will be hard to play against.

I agree that he is still 2-3 yearts away from being a real stud.

From the Toronto Sun

Wish list

Sundin to Montreal for Higgins, McDonagh and a first rounder.

LOL, that is quite the price for a 2 month rental. Do these reporters actually believe this stuff?

Hey I can be a journalist too.

My wish list

Heatley for Halak and a 2nd rounder.

From the Toronto Sun

Wish list

Sundin to Montreal for Higgins, McDonagh and a first rounder.

LOL, that is quite the price for a 2 month rental. Do these reporters actually believe this stuff?

Hey I can be a journalist too.

My wish list

Heatley for Halak and a 2nd rounder.

:lol:

you know it's coming from TO when you read shyte like that !!

Guillaume will have to kick his physical play up a notch to become a real threat. he's already our best scorer 5 on 5 but if he decides to pay the price a bit more in the corners and in front of the net he will be hard to play against.

I agree that he is still 2-3 yearts away from being a real stud.

A male animal employed for breeding? :huh:

A male animal employed for breeding? :huh:

well...his GF his pregnant and humans are animals so I guess he's already a stud :lol:

Eklund has Hossa to Montreal E3. Said for porspects and picks, no roster players.

Valentenko, Halak and a first i would do. Trade Ryder for a 2nd or third and throw that pick in as well.

Back to reality, unfortunately i only see a 2nd teer player coming in to play with Koivu and Higginns. Stoll can play RW and centre. He has a great shot. someone like that is more feasable without giving up too much.

Eklund has Hossa to Montreal E3. Said for porspects and picks, no roster players.

Valentenko, Halak and a first i would do. Trade Ryder for a 2nd or third and throw that pick in as well.

Back to reality, unfortunately i only see a 2nd teer player coming in to play with Koivu and Higginns. Stoll can play RW and centre. He has a great shot. someone like that is more feasable without giving up too much.

Has Eklund ever been right?