Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I know. But is there 3,000,000 + of people like you in the world ?

have you seen the crowds in Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver or even a lot of US cities when the habs are in town??

I have an easier time getting habs tickets when I'm in Montreal then in Calgary.

Have you seen photos of Saki Koivu as a rugrat where he is wearing a habs jersey???

He did learn it. It's just not his job to be a cunning linguist. He can say a few words.

I think people forget that learning a language is not that easy. English, okay, english is the easiest language on the earth (..waiting for some anglophone to say "NO way, English is the hardest!!"), it's true. French is tougher. And alot of learning a language has to do with the language you already know, or the language you're learning the new language in. And I have no idea what kind of language Finnish is, so I don't know.

Bottom line is it is very nerve-racking talking in a language you are uncomfortable in to anyone, let alone millions of habs fans. SO excuse Koivu for not jumping on any opportunities to speak french.

Exactly. Unfortunately i dropped French coz i hated my 6th grade French teacher. I've had to travel to quebec for work a lot over last few years and only know the rudimentary greeetings. I'm even hesitant to say them, bcoz, the reply usually comes in a flurry of french - which of course I can't understand.

But i used to listen to habs games on the french CBC radio and used to follow the play by knowing a few words like, "il lans" "a le but" bel-a-rai la patrick roy" (probably butchered the spelling). In western canada the only option to french coverage was the CBC french radio or tv on saterday nights, thanks to the leaf centric CBC. For the past few years, i've been able to follow the habs on RDS. Even when i had to goto the UK this past year for work, i was able to catch the Detroit-Montreal game on SKy sports in London and the rest of the games on the internet.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

have you seen the crowds in Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver or even a lot of US cities when the habs are in town??

I have an easier time getting habs tickets when I'm in Montreal then in Calgary.

Have you seen photos of Saki Koivu as a rugrat where he is wearing a habs jersey???

so 5000 crazy fans in Edmonton makes you believe that there are more fans out of quebec than within quebec?

so 5000 crazy fans in Edmonton makes you believe that there are more fans out of quebec than within quebec?

There are simply more people outside of quebec than in it and since the habs are one of the best known franchises in the world, it sez there are more fans outside of que that in it. That is not a slight but simple numbers. The habs are one the most popular sports teams in the world.

Gee, I wish we could get back to juicy rumours in this thread instead of off-topic speculation on the per centage of Habs fans that live outside Quebec. At least rumours offer some glimmer of hope that the immediate future will be better than the abysmal present. Come on, I want some straws to grasp!! :puke:

Jordan Leopold, Brett Clark, Salei involving Halak? - blogs.denverpost.com

But I do think Jordan Leopold will be traded, and maybe Brett Clark and/or Ruslan Salei too. Remember those Jaro Halak rumors I wrote about a couple months ago, too? Don’t be shocked if he still ends up in Denver after all.

If there were 5000 fans in any city that could afford tickets to a hockey game, how many fans are in the city but not at the game? Are there only 21, 273 fans in Montreal because that's all that the Bell centre holds?

Think outside the phone booth mahn! :D

Guys, do you want me to start an unfounded rumour, without any source but me??

Halak was withdrawn from net right in the middle of the 3rd because Gainey had just potentially traded him. So he called Carbo to bench him immediately, so that nothing bad would happen.

:rolleyes:

You were talking about people who could afford to go, and on top of that there are many who could afford it, but couldn't get tickets.

Aye, I meant that 5000 people were able, capable, lucky, fortunate, available, etc to get tickets to the game.

I don't really feel taking the extra time to spell everything out over a silly topic :P

As long as we're trading for older Habs, can we convince Desjardins out of retirement? John Leclair? I'm sure they'd do better than a couple of the stiffs we have now.