Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I assume you meant to say the Rookie Camp. This big swede is supposed to be a centre, not a d-man!

No it is a development camp. In fact, is is "Camp de perfectionnement".

what's his user name? :P

Mag1328 is his username. You should know, you're a registered member over there...:)

I assume you meant to say the Rookie Camp. This big swede is supposed to be a centre, not a d-man!

Yes, I meant Development Camp, I was in a hurry to type so I used the abbreviation.

No it is a development camp. In fact, is is "Camp de perfectionnement".

Sorry. I didn't know that by d-camp, you meant development camp.

Edited by Habsfan

Sorry. I didn't know that by d-camp, you meant development camp.

No worries...by the way, several fans also confirm that Engqvist was practicing with the youngsters today. This looks like it could be official very soon...unless he completely bombs and they opt not to sign him.

No worries...by the way, several fans also confirm that Engqvist was practicing with the youngsters today. This looks like it could be official very soon...unless he completely bombs and they opt not to sign him.

Let's just hope that this kid has some offensive talent. When was the last time we ever had a talented Centre who was 6'3" tall?

Edited by Habsfan

Fixed for ya. ;)

I kid, I kid.

Hmmm...I guess we would have to go back to Vinny Damphousse! But Vinny was only 6'1" tall.

Koivu would take (substantially) less money to come back with the Habs and finish his career with us.

He (apparently) said that he like the changes we made.

That's per Canoe.ca (Le Journal, TVA)

http://www.canoe.com/archives/sports/nouve...707-202111.html

CKAC mentionned it, but said it was a RUMOUR.

I remember when the media reported that Kovalev was promised he'd get a contract to return too... :P

Still, this would be amazing so I'm hoping it's true. :D

I remember when the media reported that Kovalev was promised he'd get a contract to return too... :P

Still, this would be amazing so I'm hoping it's true. :D

yah, but this time, it's the other way around.

Koivu is doing like Boucher, Dandenault, Bouillon, etc.

Please Habs, sign me for "less money" (which would actually be as much money as anywhere else!)

IF we are to do it, I want Bob to sit with Koivu and tell him exactly what to expect (i.e. support player type of ice time)

An interesting news report here...yesterday, Detroit's Jiri Hudler signed a 1-year deal in the KHL just days after filing for arbitration. Today, speculation is that Tomas Plekanec could very well be doing the same. He's apparently one of 3 C's being recruited to play for Omsk, the others being former Hab Robert Lang and Washington C Michael Nylander.

http://ruefrontenac.com/sports/7974/7974

An interesting news report here...yesterday, Detroit's Jiri Hudler signed a 1-year deal in the KHL just days after filing for arbitration. Today, speculation is that Tomas Plekanec could very well be doing the same. He's apparently one of 3 C's being recruited to play for Omsk, the others being former Hab Robert Lang and Washington C Michael Nylander.

http://ruefrontenac.com/sports/7974/7974

Dlbalr

The could is a speculation from the reporter, not from Tomas or Tomas agent or from a KHL team.

I read carefully the article and the guy basically says : it happened to Hudler, it could happen to Plek, adding that a team like Omsk has him on their list.

I doubt that Plex leaves for Russia, I expect him to pull off a decent season without the distractions of last year.

:hlogo:

I doubt that Plex leaves for Russia, I expect him to pull off a decent season without the distractions of last year.

:hlogo:

on the radio this morning, they said that Pleks confirmed that there was some interest oversee, but that he, himself, wasn't interested at all.

on the radio this morning, they said that Pleks confirmed that there was some interest oversee, but that he, himself, wasn't interested at all.

Why would he be? He's got one year until UFA... he has a good year, he's set for life with a big NHL deal. A poor year and he'll receive plenty of interest from the KHL.

Plekanec: «D'aucune façon je ne veux quitter»Marc Antoine Godin

La Presse

The Article basically says the Plekanec doesn't want to go to russia. Plex says that he has received a few offers from the KHL, but his main goal is to remain in North America.

It also says that more and more teams from both the NHL and the KHL are pilfering each others leagus to find players.

here's the link!

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...eux-quitter.php

That's funny, Saskhab and i were just talking about him on another thread. Greer was the other choice.

If signed, i think it means a youngster or 2 are going to hamilton or being moved. Chipchura, D'agi, Sk back to Hamilton. Something like that

3rd line RW, they need grit and a PKer.

I'm telling you guys, SK will be in the AHL, O'Byrne will be #7, so the final roster spot IMO comes down to chipchura or D'Agi.

Based on what Martin said: My guess is

Pacioretty Gomez Gionta

AK46 Pleks Cammallari (obviously can go to the top line)

Lats Lapierre Blank or Moen

Stewart Metropolit Laraque

Look at the forward sets, not many PKer's there. Plus Moen brings more cu experince. BG is surrounding the youth with good character winners, no need to rush them now.

Laraque's back is still an issue, he won't be ready for training camp.

Travis Moen is awesome. Remember that Ducks 3rd line of Moen-Pahlsson-Niedermeyer? That line killed the freaking Red Wings. Moen can fight, forecheck, backcheck, and has been through the wars of winning a Stanley Cup. He's still fairly young, too.