Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I was daydreaming this afternoon... Halak, the Kost brothers, Plekanec, Fisher and Subban/Weber for Kopitar and Frolov.

Frolov Kopitar Cammalleri

Pacioretty Gomez Gionta

Latendresse Lapierre D'Agostini

Stewart Metropolit Laraque

I was daydreaming this afternoon... Halak, the Kost brothers, Plekanec, Fisher and Subban/Weber for Kopitar and Frolov.

Pacioretty Gomez Gionta

And sadly, very little on D in the future.

And sadly, very little on D in the future.

And likely an extra $3M cap hit... Still, it'd be quite a roster...

no way i'd sign sundin. he had little or no impact with the nucks.let him crawl back to the leafs or stay in sweden. if gainey signs this overpaid whiner, then i'll give my full attention to the echl everblades

The fact that Plekanec is poised to hit free agency makes me feel better about a Marleau trade.

The fact that Plekanec is poised to hit free agency makes me feel better about a Marleau trade.

I doubt we have the cap space for it.

I also doubt that we are the only team that needs a Marleau.

just remember: every time we were expecting a player to come here it didn'T happen.

sundin and Lecavalier...now marleau.

Pacioretty Gomez Gionta

The first line looks alot like the LA Kings top line a few years back... I dont wanna become the LA Kings... :P

I doubt we have the cap space for it.

I also doubt that we are the only team that needs a Marleau.

just remember: every time we were expecting a player to come here it didn'T happen.

sundin and Lecavalier...now marleau.

But those rumours about Sundin and Lecavalier were true. Gainey came very close to getting both of them. You can bet he's been trying to get Marleau too.

I don't think this move will happen though. Not yet.

Things continue to be slow on the rumour front (what a surprise, it is summer), so I figured I may as well post the latest from Eklund.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/DECI...-COMING/1/22288

A 3-way deal between the Habs, Sharks, and Isles is apparently (and there's the key word) on the table, with an "interesting prospect" coming to Montreal. Take it for what it's worth, something to muse over during a slow news day.

Tony, you can't guess an actual player to a made up scenario...

:clap:

You hit the nail on the head there.

I'm going with Grimmace or the Hamburglar myself ;)

Edited by Habitforming

Well whatever the case is i do beleive BG is looking at moving Pleks to get a bigger centre in there. I don't know anything about Bailey other then his contract is cheaper then Pleks' is. If they are going to do a move it can't be with the Sharks unless the money is equal. Gettng a younger centre with potential makes sense, especially if he is bigger.

I can't see the Islanders giving up Bailey for Cheechoo unless the Sharks throw in a good young Dman.

I think Halak, Pleks are 4mill or something close, Marleau is 6 plus.

Trading Halak doesn't save cap space really. He must be replaced, and he's as cheap of a backup that plays 25+ games as you can get in the NHL.

Glad we signed Curtis Sanford for even cheaper than Halak. Rumors windmill still alive !!!

Glad we signed Curtis Sanford for even cheaper than Halak. Rumors windmill still alive !!!

If Sanford plays 25+ games (or Price 65+ games) I don't think any upgrade we've made at C will overcome that value we lost with Halak being traded.