Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

iam not sure want we would have to give up to get clowe but he got one think that i like..I know for a fact he would love to play for montreal and this is the type of players we need...skill is great but i take clowe heart..

i would trade one goalie for clowe and 1st round pick...

Clowe as put up good numbers in the ahl and nhl and take a look at some of his fightshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M8dSW6Mhoo

lol Halak alone doesn't worth a 1rst rounder... so Imagine if they were to ask for Clowe with it...

Don't forget guys, Giguère, Bryzgalov, etc. There is no market.

Edit : if any team is dumb enought to throw a 1rst for Halak, I say jump on it.

Edited by JoeLassister

lol Halak alone doesn't worth a 1rst rounder... so Imagine if they were to ask for Clowe with it...

Don't forget guys, Giguère, Bryzgalov, etc. There is no market.

Edit : if any team is dumb enought to throw a 1rst for Halak, I say jump on it.

The problem in trading Halak will be PR. His value to the fanbase is much higher than his value

to the rest of the GMs in the league. So any deal will be seen as not getting enough in return.

Price will be sought after because GMs will be swooping in looking to steal him and plenty of fans

will accept less than his value because of personal bias.

It is unlikely either are dealt.

The problem in trading Halak will be PR. His value to the fanbase is much higher than his value

to the rest of the GMs in the league. So any deal will be seen as not getting enough in return.

Price will be sought after because GMs will be swooping in looking to steal him and plenty of fans

will accept less than his value because of personal bias.

It is unlikely either are dealt.

You're totally right. This is a huge mess.

I was really happy to see the Habs go that far in the playoffs, and, de facto, was happy to see Halak pull this kind of huuuge performances.

But, everytime he was making 50 saves, I was more and more concerned by how this goaltending situation would/will eventually end.

I am one of those who trully believe that the Habs should build on Price and at the same time, one of those who don't appreciate the level of coverage on our hockey team. Trading Halak will create a media mess and I'm affraid that, as a business, the Montreal Canadiens might think that they have to keep him over Price. It's a totally bold and biased judgment, but I think that if Price is traded, the move will come from upper deck, not from Gauthier himself...

Edited by JoeLassister

You're totally right. This is a huge mess.

I was really happy to see the Habs go that far in the playoffs, and, de facto, was happy to see Halak pull this kind of huuuge performances.

But, everytime he was making 50 saves, I was more and more concerned by how this goaltending situation would/will eventually end.

I am one of those who trully believe that the Habs should build on Price and at the same time, one of those who don't appreciate the level of coverage on our hockey team. Trading Halak will create a media mess and I'm affraid that, as a business, the Montreal Canadiens might think that they have to keep him over Price. It's a totally bold and biased judgment, but I think that if Price is traded, the move will come from upper deck, not from Gauthier himself...

After seeing Gainey in the owners box for most of the playoffs, it is unlikely they GIVE UP on Price.

So the only way he goes is in a huge deal IMO. If they see a deal that makes the team better in the

long run (4-5 years), my guess is they will deal him.

Certainly not for the stupid deals proposed near the deadline with names like Cogliano etc.

An excerpt from the Gazette today:

Tom Pyatt and Mathieu Darche could return if the price is right, but Glen Metropolit appears headed to Europe, while Paul Mara, Dominic Moore and Marc-AndrÈ Bergeron are all expendable. Moore won't be back because the Canadiens can't afford him, and Bergeron is gone because he's a one-trick pony and P.K. Subban and Yannick Weber can fill the role.

The bolded parts intrigue me - I think Moore could overprice himself (he did last summer) but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion as is implied here. The Metropolit one caught my eye, I didn't think he'd go back there after playing in the NHL for several years now but it would probably be a good fit.

Another rumour today, though this is far from a definite - apparently Louis Leblanc will leave Harvard now and join the Bulldogs next season. The timing fits with the prospect camp starting next week.

http://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74/status/14935145173

Wow. That'd be quite a surprise, no? I thought he was spending a minimum of two years at Harvard... or has time gone by that quickly? I am getting old.

Wow. That'd be quite a surprise, no? I thought he was spending a minimum of two years at Harvard... or has time gone by that quickly? I am getting old.

Sounded like that was the plan (and it's only been 1 year), however, the fact that he spent 1 year there means he's eligible to return down the road (he can't play on the hockey team though). There's a column in La Presse today suggesting he may instead be QMJHL bound and not to the Bulldogs.

Sounded like that was the plan (and it's only been 1 year), however, the fact that he spent 1 year there means he's eligible to return down the road (he can't play on the hockey team though). There's a column in La Presse today suggesting he may instead be QMJHL bound and not to the Bulldogs.

This is exciting news. My french is poor, but it looked like he switched agents? Now he is thinking of going to the Q. Man that is great. Hey Kristo, quit school and come play for the dogs!

I don't remember Svitov from his first stint in the NHL, but he appears to be worth a look. The article says he would be similar to Dustin Byfuglien, and he had 42 points in 51 games in the KHL last year.

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2010/06/03/source-...l-return/#cntnt

His career high is 18 points in the NHL. Considering he'd need a $2.5-3 M deal to come close to hitting his tax free income of last year, I don't think I'd be interested. This sounds an awful lot like Sergei Zinovjev a couple years back when he was reportedly set to sign with the Habs - sure he'd like to come to North America, but he wanted too much money, I suspect the same will happen here.

• 2 weeks later...

HA!

only trade with TB that would make sense: Gomez and Price for Lecavalier

Hmm. While Vinny is better cap value on an annual basis than Gomez, he still has a ridiculous contract that could prove much more damaging in the long-term (you're on the hook for 7.7 mil until 2020!). Worse, we're still left with the dilemma of our #2 guy, meaning we'd still have this damned headache down the middle...AND we've have kissed goodbye to Price. Not crazy about the idea, in short.

only trade with TB that would make sense: Gomez and Price for Lecavalier

Ummm... Major pass on that. We would be getting a major shaft on this one. I would rather have Gomez's contract on the books than Vinny's, and I don't think Vinny is that major of an upgrade of Gomez. Plus, throwing in Price, who could either be out future goalie of traded for a young top 6 forward at least? What a crappy deal.

The bottom of this article suggests that the Habs asking price for Carey Price from the Flyers would be Claude Giroux. As a result, the writer claims that a deal is "virtually impossible." Nothing much, but it appears Gauthier is trying to make a splash with the goalies.

The bottom of this article suggests that the Habs asking price for Carey Price from the Flyers would be Claude Giroux. As a result, the writer claims that a deal is "virtually impossible." Nothing much, but it appears Gauthier is trying to make a splash with the goalies.

I don't think he is trying to make a splash with the goalies, I think he is saying if you want to talk

about Carey Price don't waste my time with bullshit offers.

Yzerman is trollling around, show me Hedman/Stamkos or go away.

This is a good sign. I don't want the Habs to trade Price, but I can live with it if it is an elite return

with a cap friendly contract who has just as much potential to be a superstar as Carey Price.

Poo poo platters of Malone/picks need not apply.

Edited by Wamsley01

Price has serious value but he's not in the same ballpark as Stamkos or Hedman.

And why is that?

Based on 2010? You are devaluing him after a poor season? He didn't even have that poor of a season in relation

to his age bracket.

2 seasons ago he was listed on Future Watch as the best prospect in hockey. Goaltenders don't mature until 23-27.

You are devaluing everything he accomplished before 2009/10.

This is how people are fooled into bad trades.

Edited by Wamsley01