Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I do not think the Habs will pursue Marleau. Not with that cap hit and with Eller clearly pencilled in as a future #2 C. If we have to replace Pleks it will be with a moderately-priced option who doesn't need to be signed to a really long-term deal. I therefore agree that Jokinen is a very interesting possibility given the history (and success) with Martin, and could conceivably be had more cheaply than Pleks by maybe $1-1.5 mil. (Keep in mind that Plekanec will quite likely bag grossly inflated dollars given his status as Top UFA C Available. Meanwhile, Jokinen's value may be artifically low).

The Habs still desperately need an upgrade on the wings, and it would not surprise me at all if Gauthier decides to let Pleks walk and rolls the dice on a Plan B (Jokinen) or C (Lombardi) at centre while trying to translate the money saved between Halak and Pleks into an upgrade there.

All bets are off, in other words. By moving Halak Gauthier made, to me anyway, a HUGE statement. He's a big picture guy prepared to be ruthless in a cap system, and the players are all moveable parts.

Marleau and Eller can both play wing though.

There've been rumours about Frolov for a long time. I would like to see that happen. Imagine Jokinen for 3.75M and Frolov for 4M instead of Plekanec, Moore, SK.

It would definitely fill out the forward lines nicely.

Frolov-Gomez-Gionta

Cammelleri-Jokinen-Kostitsyn

Pouliot-Eller-Lapierre

Pyatt-White-Moen

That's clearly an improvement on last season, even if you replace Jokinen with Lombardi.

i cant see useing 2 top 6 fowards like pouliot and eller on the third line...if their no room for them on the top 2 line they should be left in the ahl to get big time mins....I dont what Jokinen unless its for cheap...plus Kostitsyn should be traded right away...

There've been rumours about Frolov for a long time. I would like to see that happen. Imagine Jokinen for 3.75M and Frolov for 4M instead of Plekanec, Moore, SK.

It would definitely fill out the forward lines nicely.

Frolov-Gomez-Gionta

Cammelleri-Jokinen-Kostitsyn

Pouliot-Eller-Lapierre

Pyatt-White-Moen

That's clearly an improvement on last season, even if you replace Jokinen with Lombardi.

I like those combo's, but I'd like to keep Moore, somehow, someway. Also Brock Trotter is said to be ready, and let's not forget Pacioretty, I have high hopes for him.

I would not mind that lineup...I think to fit kovalchuk you'd have to have a trade/buyout of Spaceman or Hammer.

Just to note for everyone, Spacek can't be bought out.

i cant see useing 2 top 6 fowards like pouliot and eller on the third line...if their no room for them on the top 2 line they should be left in the ahl to get big time mins....I dont what Jokinen unless its for cheap...plus Kostitsyn should be traded right away...

Eller can go down without waivers however Pouliot cannot.

I like the idea of having a 3rd line that can score. I'm not really comfortable with Pouliot and Eller in the top 6.

I like the idea of having a 3rd line that can score. I'm not really comfortable with Pouliot and Eller in the top 6.

then they should be in the ahl to get the most ice time and pp mins they can...i hate using high end prospect on the 3rd and 4th line and then hear people b*tch because they dont light it up...

like i said i like to see these lines. I think eller be made to look like a rockstar playing with cammi and a guy like Kovalchuk...and i hope the habs got Pouliot at the gym all summer so he can add some weight....I think all these lines can score and play hard...

Gionta - Gomez -Pouliot

Cammy-Eller-Kovalchuk

Pacioretty- Moore -Moen

Pyatt -lapierre -White.

Edited by KEEP26

then they should be in the ahl to get the most ice time and pp mins they can...i hate using high end prospect on the 3rd and 4th line and then hear people b*tch because they dont light it up...

Once again, Pouliot cannot go to the AHL without waivers...Eller can though.

Once again, Pouliot cannot go to the AHL without waivers...Eller can though.

ok..right on, then he should be use on the top 2 lines unless we sign someone different......

like i said i like to see these lines. I think eller be made to look like a rockstar playing with cammi and a guy like Kovalchuk...and i hope the habs got Pouliot at the gym all summer so he can add some weight....I think all these lines can score and play hard...

Gionta - Gomez -Pouliot

Cammy-Eller-Kovalchuk

Pacioretty- Moore -Moen

Pyatt -lapierre -White.

I think they can still develop on the third line just fine, as long as they aren't being asked to play a checking role like Perezhogin was. They aren't that impressive on a second line, but they should do fine as an offensively-minded third line.

The jump from the AHL to our 2nd line might take some getting used to. We want our prospects to work their way up, no? Give him 12-15 minutes playing two-way hockey on the third line until he is ready for more. I think he can score 30-50 points in the NHL this season (depending how he's used). That's too good for the AHL, especially for a guy that's supposedly a very complete player.

I think they can still develop on the third line just fine, as long as they aren't being asked to play a checking role like Perezhogin was. They aren't that impressive on a second line, but they should do fine as an offensively-minded third line.

The jump from the AHL to our 2nd line might take some getting used to. We want our prospects to work their way up, no? Give him 12-15 minutes playing two-way hockey on the third line until he is ready for more. I think he can score 30-50 points in the NHL this season (depending how he's used). That's too good for the AHL, especially for a guy that's supposedly a very complete player.

from what i been reading he was going to be STL #2 C this year and was pick to be in the mix for rookie of the year....i guess a few other teams made offers for him also...looks like a good pick up...i hope he works out for us.

Edited by KEEP26

from what i been reading he was going to be STL #2 C this year and was pick to be in the mix for rookie of the year....i guess a few other teams made offers for him also...looks like a good pick up...i hope he works out for us.

haha yeah it was me who said that stuff in the other thread. My point isn't that he's no good for a second line.

But I look at it like this:

If Pouliot-Eller-Pacioretty is your 1st line, you probably have a bad team.

If Pouliot-Eller-Pacioretty is your 2nd line, you probably have a mediocre team.

If Pouliot-Eller-Pacioretty is your 3rd line, you probably have a good team.

If Pouliot-Eller-Pacioretty is your 4th line, you probably have a great team.

I wouldn't pull my hair out if Eller is our #2 center but three good centers is better than two, so I would still like to have Plekanec or a Plek replacement.

Just speculating...

But maybe adding Eller was a cheap way to replace Moore on the third line so that we could spend more on our 1st line centre... ie, No Pleks, Hello Marleau or somebody else!

Cammy - Marleau - Frolov(who I believe the Habs are going to sign)

Gionta - Gomez - ???????? (A player you can trade the Kosty's for)

Moen - Eller - Lapierre

Pyatt - White - Pouliot

Just speculating...

But maybe adding Eller was a cheap way to replace Moore on the third line so that we could spend more on our 1st line centre... ie, No Pleks, Hello Marleau or somebody else!

Cammy - Marleau - Frolov(who I believe the Habs are going to sign)

Gionta - Gomez - ???????? (A player you can trade the Kosty's for)

Moen - Eller - Lapierre

Pyatt - White - Pouliot

Marleau and Frolov? Where is all this money coming from?

It could work simply by trading Hammer...

Frolov (4m) and Marleau (5.5m) = Pleks and Hammer.

Then we trade the Kostys for a 2nd line winger!

It could work simply by trading Hammer...

Frolov (4m) and Marleau (5.5m) = Pleks and Hammer.

Then we trade the Kostys for a 2nd line winger!

well its been rumour frolov whats 5mil and marleau is between 6-7 mil.....I dont know if u land much of a winger with the kostys....

haha yeah it was me who said that stuff in the other thread. My point isn't that he's no good for a second line.

But I look at it like this:

If Pouliot-Eller-Pacioretty is your 1st line, you probably have a bad team.

If Pouliot-Eller-Pacioretty is your 2nd line, you probably have a mediocre team.

If Pouliot-Eller-Pacioretty is your 3rd line, you probably have a good team.

If Pacioretty is your 4th line, you probably have a great team.

I wouldn't pull my hair out if Eller is our #2 center but three good centers is better than two, so I would still like to have Plekanec or a Plek replacement.

but the lines well look nothing like that, the #2 line well be cammy-eller-Frolov(or another ufa) if iam a betting man...I think pouliot and Pacioretty be fighting for first line ice team till one takes the job...

Marleau is a better winger than a centre. He can play centre, but the Sharks deliberately moved him to the wing because his faceoff ability wasn't that great, and his speed could be better suited for the wing. The Sharks finished first in the league this past year in the faceoff circle.

Hopefully Eller can become a good faceoff man. I'd still like either Manny Malhotra or Eric Belanger brought on board, but Moore for a full season is acceptable. He did win 55% of his draws.

well its been rumour frolov whats 5mil and marleau is between 6-7 mil.....I dont know if u land much of a winger with the kostys....

I think SKost could be used in a package for Sharp. He played his junior with Kane and the Hawks might like him as a cheep replacement.

Eklund says Habs are interested in Horton. I would take Horton over Frolov. The most consistent criticism I hear about Frolov is that he is inconsistent... I've had my fill of that. Plus, Horton is a massive goal scorer. If you want size, he will certainly give it to you.

I think SKost could be used in a package for Sharp. He played his junior with Kane and the Hawks might like him as a cheep replacement.

He's not worth more than a million in the NHL... He'll make a lot more in the KHL. Everyones knows this, which makes him impossible to trade. He's pretty much lost for nothing. If I were the Habs, I'd stay away from russians.

Eklund says Habs are interested in Horton. I would take Horton over Frolov. The most consistent criticism I hear about Frolov is that he is inconsistent... I've had my fill of that. Plus, Horton is a massive goal scorer. If you want size, he will certainly give it to you.

From what I've heard about Frolov, I tend to agree; he sounds like a more talented version of A. Kostitsyn. The only way I would even consider having him on our roster is if we were rid of Kosty. In my opinion, we've only got room for one head-case lol.

Horton is a no-brainer, but there are multiple teams interested in him, and I'm not sure we've got enough to offer for him.

From what I've heard about Frolov, I tend to agree; he sounds like a more talented version of A. Kostitsyn. The only way I would even consider having him on our roster is if we were rid of Kosty. In my opinion, we've only got room for one head-case lol.

Horton is a no-brainer, but there are multiple teams interested in him, and I'm not sure we've got enough to offer for him.

Horton is indeed a no-brainer. It depends on what Florida wants. If it's roster players they're after, I'm sure Andrei Kostitsyn and his brother will be at least mildly tempting. But I don't know much about Florida, so you're probably right.