Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Vancouver radio has the deal as - get this - TINORDI for Bieksa. :wacko:

That'd be...weird.

Vancouver radio obviously didn't notice Simon Gagne being dealt for Matt Walker and a 4th. They should be happy if they get Ryan O'Byrne as part of the return... Vancouver has no leverage: they're over the cap right now, even more so if they want Hodgson to make the team.

Vancouver radio obviously didn't notice Simon Gagne being dealt for Matt Walker and a 4th. They should be happy if they get Ryan O'Byrne as part of the return... Vancouver has no leverage: they're over the cap right now, even more so if they want Hodgson to make the team.

Actually, credible sources have Anaheim willing to offer a pick AND prospect for Bieksa. Defencemen seem to be sexy among GMs nowadays, just as goalies have suddenly become viewed as luxury items. You're right, though, Vancouver's leverage is shrinking by the hour, especially given their current and upcoming defeats at the arbitration table. They'll be desperate to move salary if this keeps up.

I can't see is affording him, unless we had an offer to move someone else for a prospect/pick. Is he a upgrade on Spacek if he could be dealt?

What if you then dealt Price for a high pic, and promote Desjardin. What could you get for Price? We would end up with money to spend, but on who?

According to this a lot of interesting players out there with some money to spend.

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2010-nhl-unr...ts-by-position/

You could even probably get a goalie such as Legacy, Graham or Caron , waiver him or to ahl, if the kid needed to be sent down you have two ok but not star goalies. None are sieves though, all experianced. Still have a few mill for a forward. Could be fun shopping and if Price brought a top notch entry contract prospect we may have a scary team in front of them.

Out there but possible.

I can't see is affording him, unless we had an offer to move someone else for a prospect/pick. Is he a upgrade on Spacek if he could be dealt?

What if you then dealt Price for a high pic, and promote Desjardin. What could you get for Price? We would end up with money to spend, but on who?

According to this a lot of interesting players out there with some money to spend.

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2010-nhl-unr...ts-by-position/

You could even probably get a goalie such as Legacy, Graham or Caron , waiver him or to ahl, if the kid needed to be sent down you have two ok but not star goalies. None are sieves though, all experianced. Still have a few mill for a forward. Could be fun shopping and if Price brought a top notch entry contract prospect we may have a scary team in front of them.

Out there but possible.

?

Not gonna happen. And frankly, if it did, Gauthier would need his head examined. Price is still (probably) a relatively affordable G with exceptionally high upside - exactly the kind of asset NOT to trade, especially when the alternatives for his position are the complete garbage you describe.

?

Not gonna happen. And frankly, if it did, Gauthier would need his head examined. Price is still (probably) a relatively affordable G with exceptionally high upside - exactly the kind of asset NOT to trade, especially when the alternatives for his position are the complete garbage you describe.

Actually, I was more leaning on banking on Cedric , hate to be signed in 3 years on Price if he never gets it back. I still don't like losing Halak, that was a bad move in my eye, at least he constantly has shown me improvement. Love to give Desjardin more time too. I like Price but am not confident in him, nor is he. Love to have that confidence back.

And it was as I said way out there....

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Actually, I was more leaning on banking on Cedric , hate to be signed in 3 years on Price if he never gets it back. I still don't like losing Halak, that was a bad move in my eye, at least he constantly has shown me improvement. Love to give Desjardin more time too. I like Price but am not confident in him, nor is he. Love to have that confidence back.

And it was as I said way out there....

Well, Price had a junior/AHL track record that was as impressive as they come and makes Desjardins' look like a pile of week-old dog puke. If minor-league performance is your primary justification for faith in Desjardins then your faith in Price should be ten times that. And if you give up on Price at 22 despite his already having had substantial stretches where he's been excellent at the NHL level, what are you planning to do with Desjardins when he struggles as a result of having been rushed into the league too early? Run him over repeatedly with a Zamboni? Not to be a grouch about it, but there's just no leg to stand on with this scenario. Now whether or not trading Halak was a mistake, that's another question.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Well, Price had a junior/AHL track record that was as impressive as they come and makes Desjardins' look like a pile of week-old dog puke. If minor-league performance is your primary justification for faith in Desjardins then your faith in Price should be ten times that. And if you give up on Price at 22 despite his already having had substantial stretches where he's been excellent at the NHL level, what are you planning to do with Desjardins when he struggles as a result of having been rushed into the league too early? Run him over repeatedly with a Zamboni? Not to be a grouch about it, but there's just no leg to stand on with this scenario. Now whether or not trading Halak was a mistake, that's another question.

Everybody does realize that Curtis Sanford's numbers were almost identical to Desjardins last year right? Yet Sanford is viewed as a serviceable backup and the guy who had to play in the Q as an overager, spent two seasons in the ECHL and took to the age of 24 to start 30+ games in the AHL is viewed as a potential starter for the Montreal Canadiens.

Marc Denis is considered an NHL washout, yet compare Desjardin's 2009 numbers to his. Now I have not gone into any detail or quality of competition etc so this is an assumption based on limited research, but at 24-27 you are supposed to be at your peak level. Ascending to your peak, yet Desjardins is producing the same numbers as two career NHL hacks.

His numbers scream system goaltender.

Now the fact that people want to hand him the starting job, yet are worried about handing it to Price is certifiably INSANE. Price has almost 8000 NHL minutes and Desjardins has 0!

What is the bigger risk?

Edited by Wamsley01

Everybody does realize that Curtis Sanford's numbers were almost identical to Desjardins last year right? Yet Sanford is viewed as a serviceable backup and the guy who had to play in the Q as an overager, spent two seasons in the ECHL and took to the age of 24 to start 30+ games in the AHL is viewed as a potential starter for the Montreal Canadiens.

Marc Denis is considered an NHL washout, yet compare Desjardin's 2009 numbers to his. Now I have not gone into any detail or quality of competition etc so this is an assumption based on limited research, but at 24-27 you are supposed to be at your peak level. Ascending to your peak, yet Desjardins is producing the same numbers as two career NHL hacks.

His numbers scream system goaltender.

Now the fact that people want to hand him the starting job, yet are worried about handing it to Price is certifiably INSANE. Price has almost 8000 NHL minutes and Desjardins has 0!

What is the bigger risk?

The bigger Risk is to try to control South America AND Asia.

I'm guessing the Bieksa rumours will die down now that Salo has suffered his 34th freak injury...

Yes and no. Vancouver's still in dire cap straits and if they don't want to hit LTIR to start the season (or be within $100k), they still may move him. Now though, they could look at a D coming back rather than being restricted to only forwards/prospects.

Small note on a slow Sunday, reports out of Switzerland indicate Glen Metropolit could be heading to Lugano or Zug of the Swiss league, while several Russian teams are also likely interested. Here's the translated quote, so it's not perfect English:

Also on the list of candidates will be Glen Metropolit. At last year's Montreal players, who scored 16 goals in 85 games and 15 assists, is also the HC Lugano be interested. And probably half of Russia.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...hp%3Fid%3D27242

Vancouver still has a D without Salo or Bieksa of Ballard, Hamhuis, Edler, Erhoff, O'Brien, Rome, and Alberts (plus Baumgartner and a decent Euro find in Lee Sweatt in the AHL). And after the Raymond signing, they're just under $2.66m over the cap (Salo makes $3.5m). That's cutting it really close, I suspect they'll still move Bieksa.

That roster doesn't include Hodgson or Schroeder, either, and both should be very close to being on their team.

Small note on a slow Sunday, reports out of Switzerland indicate Glen Metropolit could be heading to Lugano or Zug of the Swiss league, while several Russian teams are also likely interested. Here's the translated quote, so it's not perfect English:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...hp%3Fid%3D27242

Id think he would fit in nicely in europe with the big rinks and stuff.

What's this "#1 goalie swap" that Eklund keeps referencing on his site? He says the stalled negotiations with Price have prompted Montreal to consider trading Price for another team's #1 goalie and a top 6 forward. Which team could that be?

What's this "#1 goalie swap" that Eklund keeps referencing on his site? He says the stalled negotiations with Price have prompted Montreal to consider trading Price for another team's #1 goalie and a top 6 forward. Which team could that be?

The thing is, it's not stalled negotiations, the Habs are deliberately holding off on inking him for flexibility reasons until more of the market plays itself out. They're not miles apart.

To play along, Chicago could use a starter (Niemi coming back), so too could SJ but they wouldn't move Niittymaki back since they just signed him; they'd move Greiss who isn't a #1. Darkhorse could be Colorado looking for a young #1 to build around as Anderson's not a young pup.

Oh don't get me wrong FG, I hope Price is a habs for his entire career, I have faith in him, BUT if he had to be traded I would want a player like Stamkos, Tavares, Duchense (god his name sucks to spell), etc.

Oh don't get me wrong FG, I hope Price is a habs for his entire career, I have faith in him, BUT if he had to be traded I would want a player like Stamkos, Tavares, Duchense (god his name sucks to spell), etc.

Certainly a deal that included a franchise player + a credible starting goalie would be worth considering. But why would the other team make that deal? A fun scenario to throw around, but sheesh.

Haha once again not saying another team WOULD do it CC, but it's the only way as a fan my anger would be sated hehe.

I hear you brother :lol: It's summertime, the perfect atmosphere for pointless hockey-related speculations.