Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Oh don't get me wrong FG, I hope Price is a habs for his entire career, I have faith in him, BUT if he had to be traded I would want a player like Stamkos, Tavares, Duchense (god his name sucks to spell), etc.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Price ain't worth close that that much.

I hear the habs are going with powerade water bottles next season instead of gatorade. Discuss.

WHAT!!??? I've had it! 17 years and this organization still isn't serious about WINNING. Fire Gauthier NOW! :angry::angry::angry:

WHAT!!??? I've had it! 17 years and this organization still isn't serious about WINNING. Fire Gauthier NOW! :angry::angry::angry:

Maybe with the savings, they'll be able to afford that Vitamin Water next season...it's all about cost savings under his regime. :)

So Eklund says the supposed Price swap is with a Cali team with an established number one and an unsigned top 6 forward. Any guesses? Ryan and Hiller?

We'd have to send money back; we could barely afford Hiller's $4.5M contract.

So Eklund says the supposed Price swap is with a Cali team with an established number one and an unsigned top 6 forward. Any guesses? Ryan and Hiller?

I'd be tempted by that deal...

The Hiller part of the deal makes me lose interest quickly. I'd rather of had Halak and Ryan than Hiller and Ryan. If people bitch about Price wanting $3m/year what will they say at Hillers $4.5?

The Hiller part of the deal makes me lose interest quickly. I'd rather of had Halak and Ryan than Hiller and Ryan. If people bitch about Price wanting $3m/year what will they say at Hillers $4.5?

Yeah, I had the same thought. If Ryan was available for Price, then we should have traded Price and kept Halak, no question. I know there'd have been cap implications, but give me a break, you have a chance to get Ryan while remaining strong in goal, you get him.

Then again, do you NOT acquire Ryan now because it would make the Halak trade look foolish in retrospect? While I'm sure the Habs would indeed reject the trade for that reason, it remains a horrible reason.

Anyway, this is all sheer speculation so it's not worth getting excited about one way or the other.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Hiller's been pretty good for the Ducks overall, but I would rather have had Halak (or Price) any day. However, the potential downgrade in goal would be worth Ryan, in my opinion. Maybe we can skip out on the Hiller part and pick up Niemi.

Speaking of Niemi, if a cup-winning goalie doesn't even get 3 mil from arbitration, no way can Price demand 3.

Edited by ForumGhost

Hiller's been pretty good for the Ducks overall, but I would rather have had Halak (or Price) any day. However, the potential downgrade in goal would be worth Ryan, in my opinion. Maybe we can skip out on the Hiller part and pick up Niemi.

Speaking of Niemi, if a cup-winning goalie doesn't even get 3 mil from arbitration, no way can Price demand 3.

Sure he can. Niemi's coming off his rookie season and signed a 1 year deal. Price is coming off his 3rd year (has a small track record) and the $3 M figure would be on a 3 year deal. If Niemi got a 2-year arbitration award, it would have been over $3 M, let alone a 3 year one. On equal term, Price would get less than Niemi but on a multi-year one buying out arbitration years? Price can easily command more the longer the term.

For the past 2 years I've been saying that Price will not make montreal his home and I cannot believe that this shit is still going on. Even if Price signs a 2 year contract with mtl it means shit! Should have traded him and if there is any team out there that will trade to get him then let Price go for crying out loud. Montreal and it's fans were too hard on Price and I don't blame him at all. :angry:

Is there any benefit to having Price signed 6 weeks before training camp? Why is everyone freaking?

To be completely honest, there is a benefit to some degree. Having him sign now means that the team fully knows their cap situation going forward, ie: Do they have room to spend still? Of course, the trade-off to that is that the Habs may be trying to exercise some leverage ("We're still trying to upgrade the current roster, the goalie market is down for mid-tier starters, etc); signing him kills that leverage.

Price has until Dec. 1 to sign technically. Plenty of time to go.

In Price alleged rumour news, Eklund still proclaims the Habs and Price are miles apart on a contract (which isn't true) and that Price to Anaheim reports "are everywhere" which I highly doubt given who he previously said would be coming back. (Evidently, the salary cap isn't factored in unless there's a domino (or knowing him, 7) to fall.) At least it makes for discussion...

It's amazing. I have plenty of hockey journalists, some of them rumour guys, that I follow on Twitter. No one has mentioned a Price trade rumour. Interesting that the reports of him to Anaheim are "everywhere".

It's amazing. I have plenty of hockey journalists, some of them rumour guys, that I follow on Twitter. No one has mentioned a Price trade rumour. Interesting that the reports of him to Anaheim are "everywhere".

The rumours are so secret, they can't be part of the Twitter world...simple text messages without the Twitter restrictions are where they're coming from, so we can't trace them or call him out on their alleged validity. :)

Haha I'm just not worried about Price signing or not. I'm encouraged Price wants to sign longer term, and I'm glad he's holding his ground. He is expected to carry the load for peanuts, if he's going to wear the goat horns this year, warranted or not, you may as well get compensated correctly.

In Price alleged rumour news, Eklund still proclaims the Habs and Price are miles apart on a contract (which isn't true) and that Price to Anaheim reports "are everywhere" which I highly doubt given who he previously said would be coming back. (Evidently, the salary cap isn't factored in unless there's a domino (or knowing him, 7) to fall.) At least it makes for discussion...

Eklund still has Montreal "interested" in players like Moore, Metropolit, and Mara - when months ago Pierre Gauthier stated that they were not a part of their plans. I don't know where he gets these Anaheim rumours? He also said that Koivu might come back and that Bobby Ryan is on the Habs radar. Please. Ducks have $13M in cap space, they're going to sign Ryan. Eklund truly makes this stuff up.

Ryan would be so nice... If they have 13 million in cap, why haven't they signed him yet?

Reportedly, he's asking for a lot. He wants Getzlaf/Perry like salaries.

Ryan would be so nice... If they have 13 million in cap, why haven't they signed him yet?

Anaheim has no money. They signed freaking Andy Sutton instead of keeping James Wisniewski... Andy freaking Sutton. That tells you something about their financial situation.

I can't see them walking away from a player like Ryan though, he's the type of guy you can build around. They should be clearing out other contracts if they have to.

Easier said than done though, Jason Blake isn't exactly a popular player trade wise. I think he'll wind up taking a short term deal and go to arbitration when it expires.