Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

What about Dustin Brown in LA... he might be available since LA wants to go after a big impact player like Brad Richards, Jason Spezza or Alexander Semin. Brown is a decent goal scorer having notched four 20-goal seasons in a row. Maybe a trade involving Kostitsyn, Weber and something else could be worked out. LA could then flip some of those pieces for a big name player they're coveting. Just a thought.

Source ?

I have no source or information, but I do have a strong feeling that PG is done. I'm just thinking that the asking price is going to be too high for a top 6 forward.

Hope I'm wrong, but just a feeling!

Source ?

I'm going off of what I've been hearing through TSN, CBC and various other hockey shows that LA always seem to be one of the teams in on the big players (like Gaborik and most recently Kovalchuk last year). With Richards presumably on the market and everyone outside of the Senators logo available, maybe Spezza is too. I'm not sure about Semin, maybe I'm getting him confused with Backstrom - I thought someone on Washington was in trade rumours.

I'm going off of what I've been hearing through TSN, CBC and various other hockey shows that LA always seem to be one of the teams in on the big players (like Gaborik and most recently Kovalchuk last year). With Richards presumably on the market and everyone outside of the Senators logo available, maybe Spezza is too. I'm not sure about Semin, maybe I'm getting him confused with Backstrom - I thought someone on Washington was in trade rumours.

It's pretty well assumed out here in the west that LA is looking to make a significant move. They've had a disappointing season after being pegged as 'the new Chicago' :rolleyes: - they want to win, to take that jump to heavy-duty contender; they also, I believe, have cap space to burn; and they are rolling in young assets and picks. The perfect, highly-motivated deadline-day partner. I for one will be surprised if Richards or some other big name isn't a King by Monday.

I could see them kicking the tires on Kostitsyn. And yeah, the hard-hitting Brown would be an AWESOME acquisition. But really, it's a long shot that we have anything to offer them.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Habs out of Philips chase. = RDS

On that note, Renaud Lavoie is saying the Habs are going after a top-9 forward...and that it won't be Radek Dvorak (much to my delight...I like the player, but listening to his name get butchered is rough 4 times a year). I've added a few more people to the Twitter sources list so be sure to check the main page often.

On that note, Renaud Lavoie is saying the Habs are going after a top-9 forward...and that it won't be Radek Dvorak (much to my delight...I like the player, but listening to his name get butchered is rough 4 times a year). I've added a few more people to the Twitter sources list so be sure to check the main page often.

I've got a bad feeling that PG is going to give away AK46 :angry:

More from Lavoie, saying J.P. Dumont will waive his NTC (it's actually a NMC) to be dealt to the Habs. You may recall reports last week saying he wasn't going to waive it period. However, the fact he's a healthy scratch catches my attention.

More from Lavoie, saying J.P. Dumont will waive his NTC (it's actually a NMC) to be dealt to the Habs. You may recall reports last week saying he wasn't going to waive it period. However, the fact he's a healthy scratch catches my attention.

http://twitter.com/r...956347872280576

Dumont has been a huge disappointment this year. Would we even want him?

Dumont has been a huge disappointment this year. Would we even want him?

1 year at $4 mil left with a full NMC after this one. He has been a 40-point or better player in each of the last 5 years but has basically been dead offensively this year. It'd be a risk for sure.

1 year at $4 mil left with a full NMC after this one. He has been a 40-point or better player in each of the last 5 years but has basically been dead offensively this year. It'd be a risk for sure.

Unless we've got equally cumbersome salary going back the other way, I'd pass for sure.

Unless we've got equally cumbersome salary going back the other way, I'd pass for sure.

unless its Gomez going the other way, i'd pass!

According to Incarcerated Bob on Twitter, the Habs have a deal in place for Dumont. I'd link to his Twitter page but it's restricted access anyways so there's really no point... Sometimes this guy is right, sometimes he isn't. No word on what the Habs would send back.

Dumont is finished.

yep totally agree. Unless we can unload 3 1/2 years of Gomez for 1 year of Dumont this would be an incredibly stupid trade to make!

yep totally agree. Unless we can unload 3 1/2 years of Gomez for 1 year of Dumont this would be an incredibly stupid trade to make!

Hypothetically speaking, what about Spacek? Both have 1 year left, and the salaries are virtually a wash.

Sportsnet musing about Dumont to Toronto with Ryan Ellis for MacArthur so by no means is the Dumont-to-Habs report guaranteed.

Hypothetically speaking, what about Spacek? Both have 1 year left, and the salaries are virtually a wash.

Sportsnet musing about Dumont to Toronto with Ryan Ellis for MacArthur so by no means is the Dumont-to-Habs report guaranteed.

Can Spacek even be traded if he is injured??? I still wouldn't do it - the habs need the money to replenish the D next year and it would be risky having $11.2M tied up on Dumont AND Gomez and another $16M in Cammy/Pleks/Gionta. Thats a lot of money for 5 forwards, out of which only 2 may crack 70 points (pleks and Cammy).

I've been saying for the past 1 1/2 years the achilles heel for this team is the D. It's to slow and too old. Getting rid of Spacek would help, but does it leave enough money to sign 5 new Dman, with only Subban signed and Weber an RFA???

This is why anytime i talk about the go forward plan for the Habs it all comes back to Gomez. The habs have given given premiums to each and every member of their core - when other teams are getting guys to take home town discounts (i.e. Philly, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Vancouver). This is partly because Gainey didn't lock up guys when he had the chance when they were RFA's, so he was left with no choice to pay market + the montreal tax premium. I firmly believe that showing confidence in a guy like Pleks could have got him locked up at $4M. He still scored 20+ goals in an awful year for the entire team and still worked his butt off every night and always has shown himself to be a very smart player with great hockey sense.

I really hope the habs correct that practice and try to lock up Subban an MaxPac long-term. I also wouldn't be averse to locking up both Ak46 and Pouliot long-term, as both ahve shown capability to be a top 6 forwards. If nothing else they become tradeable assets - as long as they don't give players BOTH term AND dollars, like Gainey did in the great rebuild of 2009, we should be able to get these guys locked up at a reasonable cap hit.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

Can Spacek even be traded if he is injured??? I still wouldn't do it - the habs need the money to replenish the D next year and it would be risky having $11.2M tied up on Dumont AND Gomez and another $16M in Cammy/Pleks/Gionta. Thats a lot of money for 5 forwards, out of which only 2 may crack 70 points (pleks and Cammy).

Yep, anyone not on LTIR can be dealt...actually, I'm not sure someone on LTIR couldn't be but I could be wrong. Theodore was dealt while on IR years ago.

Dumont does indeed show every sign of being done. He's pushing 33 after a long career and his numbers went into preciptious decline last season, a pattern which has intensified this year. Those aren't good signs. He is also on a team starved for offence; so without having claimed to observe Nashville closely, he probably was given every chance to find his game and played himself off the top lines. Unless, indeed, it's a mutual salary dump (as it would be with Spacek involved, say) - or else a rental acquired for minimal cost on our part - it's hard to see why the Habs would make this move.