Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

As this guy isn't exactly known as legit, I won't post this on the site but will link it here for those interested.

On 3 way deal, hearing Habs target is Penner and Kings target is Hemsky. Habs 1st is in play, as is Simmonds for the Kings. Hamrlik could be included in the deal, but going to the Kings. This deal is not close to being finalized, and it could turn into 1 on 1 trades between Habs and Oilers and Kings and Oilers. On Preds, hearing they might be buyers now that they won vs Jackets. Hearing Dumont might go, but also heard Gauthier has no interest in him. Hearing they are pushing hard for a top 6 forward, but Ellis and Weber are not in play.

http://hockeyyinside.../27/new-update/

Hypothetically speaking, what about Spacek? Both have 1 year left, and the salaries are virtually a wash.

Sportsnet musing about Dumont to Toronto with Ryan Ellis for MacArthur so by no means is the Dumont-to-Habs report guaranteed.

LOL, the Leafs are going to pick up Ryan Ellis for an RFA coming off a career year?

Unlikely regardless of eating one year of Dumonts contract.

I'd pick up Dumont for a year if it meant Ryan Ellis was coming with him.

Something like A.Kost and Weber for Dumont and Ellis...

Dumont might actually look good beside Cammy and Pleks.

LOL, the Leafs are going to pick up Ryan Ellis for an RFA coming off a career year?

Unlikely regardless of eating one year of Dumonts contract.

The leafs - I don't know if its the smog in toronto that makes them so delusional. TSN today had a piece on Reiman being a calder candidate :wacko:

The leafs - I don't know if its the smog in toronto that makes them so delusional. TSN today had a piece on Reiman being a calder candidate :wacko:

I called that in another game thread. Those idiots are so predictable.

Also,

Can everybody please stop quoting Eklund.

http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/?p=2022

3% success rate. The guy just straight up lies.

The deal with Eklund is that he reports pretty much everything he hears. GM's are always talking, discussing potential deals, even if only a small percentage of them happen. I don't personally like Eklund because of the way her reports, hyping up these potential trades to get traffic, most of which will never happen, but I don't believe he makes them up.

While I try and get my blasted ticker working, here's a rumour from Kypreos at Sportsnet:

RealKyper #Canadiens showed interest in #Panthers Chris Higgins prior to breaking his thumb. Would they trade for a guy who's short term injured ? 8 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Any interest in bringing back old Higgins?

The deal with Eklund is that he reports pretty much everything he hears. GM's are always talking, discussing potential deals, even if only a small percentage of them happen. I don't personally like Eklund because of the way her reports, hyping up these potential trades to get traffic, most of which will never happen, but I don't believe he makes them up.

I call BS on that. I am supposed to believe that he hears what Gauthier and Gainey are talking about and reports it.

He makes it up, just Garrioch from the Ottawa paper.

While I try and get my blasted ticker working, here's a rumour from Kypreos at Sportsnet:

Any interest in bringing back old Higgins?

Only if he accepts that he isn't a goal scorer and plays the role that was always meant for him.

Dlbalr

My sources have White being sent down to Hamilton and later been recalled. Can you make any sense of this and is this the first of four moves allowed?

I don't think it counts against the 4 Recall rule. From what I'm reading, I'm seeing 2 distinct scenarios. 1) Habs needed to send White down to temporarily make room for MacIntyre. 2) Habs thought they had another deal done and needed to send White down to clear up a roster spot for whoever was coming in up front. Of these, only the 2nd can be true as the MacIntyre deal could still have been done with him being sent down immediately after being acquired (which happened). I suspect the Habs filed the recall with the league just prior to the deadline since they would have gotten the trade at least faxed through prior to 3 PM; they'd have just filed the recall paper at the same time as the trade.

Yea it s kind of weird. What makes sense to me, is they must lift the 23 man rule on deadline day. Otherwise nobody could have anymore than 23 players till the end of the deadline and as soon as you added a body after that it would count against the four movement. A more likely, scenerio is a team declares their roster once a day and if works out at end of day it is fine.

• 2 weeks later...

In danslescoulisses.com they mentioned that Gomer was offered to all 29 teams up to the deadline, Gomer knew it and his agent knew it. Gomer didnt want out of Habs, now that he has several good friends in the team, as well as he knows he will be in the same boat regardless where he goes. and the sources says he will be likely dealt next season when his price-tag goes down. The Habs had asked the reporters to not say anything about this and they complied.

Edited by CoRvInA

I know you're a fan of that site, but I find most of their stuff to be baloney. Everything I've heard is that he simply wasn't shopped at all but they would listen if a team was interested. From that, there was interest, but the Habs weren't going to give him away. Since when have reporters associated with the Habs complied with a friendly organizational request? Everything gets leaked out whether they want it to or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Who?

Big physical d-man, I believe he's also a tennis enthusiast. I was hoping the Habs would sign him, I think at worst he can be a decent AHL D and with the expected turnover coming this offseason, some decent young blueliners would be huge.

Any NHL potential?

Before this year, I'd have said Brendon Nash didn't have any, so I'm inclined to not really comment on that one. He needs some refining before we could even talk about it happening though.

Just heard on the team 990. According to Tony Marinaro, Pierre Gauthier offered Andrei markov a 1 year contract extension. Apparently Don Meehan, (Markov's agent) refused and countered with a 3 year deal.

I hope they can come to an agreement at 2 years.

Refusing a one year extension after his last two years of injury? I would have thought one year would work well for him.

My guess is that Meehan told him to ask for a 3 year extension in the hopes of getting a 2 year extension. Ask for more than what you actually want!

Edited by Habsfan

Just heard on the team 990. According to Tony Marinaro, Pierre Gauthier offered Andrei markov a 1 year contract extension. Apparently Don Meehan, (Markov's agent) refused and countered with a 3 year deal.

I hope they can come to an agreement at 2 years.

From Meehan himself (well, sort of, through Stubbs), they've agreed to talk after the season. Nothing about talks thus far and considering Marinaro's accuracy rate, I'm inclined to suggest Marinaro may once again have jumped the gun.

http://twitter.com/h...396302285717505