Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I think Cammy has a bit of value. His contract brings it down a bit yet none the less he is a 30 goal a yr guy, right? I would LOVE it if PG get a pair in his stocking this yr and puts them on before they expire and makes a trade for Nash.

Cammy, AK and a 1st has a nice ring to it. I would even give them Gomez with all the sticks they want :P

WOW for nash? thats to much i know you have to give to get but he is not even an 80pt player! only once over 70 cammy has done this as well and ak is a 50 to 70 pt guy in the near future plus a 1st? no thanks. for a guy like malkin yes but when he gets here who does he play with? we need a center with those two guy's

WOW for nash? thats to much i know you have to give to get but he is not even an 80pt player! only once over 70 cammy has done this as well and ak is a 50 to 70 pt guy in the near future plus a 1st? no thanks. for a guy like malkin yes but when he gets here who does he play with? we need a center with those two guy's

I don't think AK is back next year and if Cammy is truly unhappy, as mentioned by Colin above, then ship his a$$ to CBJ and let him play in another crappy American market. As for the 1st; Timmins is better at picking players starting as of the 2nd round.

So how about: AK + Cammy + 1st for Nash and CBJ 2nd?

Edit: For Malkin I think I would give a little more then for Nash. Maybe something like: Cammy + AK + 1 of our rookie D (emelin or Diaz I also include Weber even if not rookie) + 1st rounder. Malkin is big and can play 1st center. I think the Pens might even ask more then that as the Habs have needed a 1st center for well over 10 yrs now.

A player i would love to see on your team and it is do able Dustin Brown he makes around 3.25 mil. what about i since there team needs d they are a bunch of minus players there offer gill and campoli or gionta and a pick. yes it is a dream but it does make some sence for them as well. pick as in 3rd or 4th. or say one of weber or diaz with one of these guy's. Or moen and gill. we save a bit of money and have a useful player for a few yrs at a good cap hit.

A player i would love to see on your team and it is do able Dustin Brown he makes around 3.25 mil. what about i since there team needs d they are a bunch of minus players there offer gill and campoli or gionta and a pick. yes it is a dream but it does make some sence for them as well. pick as in 3rd or 4th. or say one of weber or diaz with one of these guy's. Or moen and gill. we save a bit of money and have a useful player for a few yrs at a good cap hit.

I read a rumour (no clue on the person's reliability, however) that said the Habs were kicking the tires on Brown and that the name Cammalleri had come up. Again, no clue how reliable anything like that is, but this is the rumour thread, so there's the report, such as it is.

I read a rumour (no clue on the person's reliability, however) that said the Habs were kicking the tires on Brown and that the name Cammalleri had come up. Again, no clue how reliable anything like that is, but this is the rumour thread, so there's the report, such as it is.

Cammy played in LA so its not a surprise that his name would be brought up in trade talks with them.

Thats to bad if they do trade cammy i think with a new coach he would thrive again J.M is a player killer look at the sens he had problems with the there scores as well he should let the guy'S FREE wheel that can get it done. yes not abandon the defence either.

Cammy played in LA so its not a surprise that his name would be brought up in trade talks with them.

On the surface, I like the sound of this and it seems somewhat doable. Brown is 2 years younger, half the price, and a super-durable, hard hitting power forward, plus a consistent 50 point scorer. If it's for Cams and a bottom pairing dman (Diaz? Campoli?), we shed salary, and loosen up the log jam at the backend.

I do worry about losing Cam's playoff intensity and production, but Cams seems frustrated in Mtl, and Brown is an amazing combo of forechecking, hitting, point production and durability, all for $3.2M. Gotta be one of the best deals in the league (for the team, that is). No trade clause?

I just stumbled across this rumour in the rumour thread.

Dustin Brown to Mtl and Mike Cammalleri back to LA.

Both teams had higher expectations for this season. Both of these top six wingers are struggling to produce. Each offers what the other team needs.

Cams is a sniper who loves life in Cali. He'd fit in well with Kopitar or Richards. He can score 50-80 points in a season - hard to predict, but no doubt he would benefit from playing with an elite centre, and the Kings happen to have two of em. Also, he's pretty much a guaranteed playoff performer.

Brown is a power forward who forechecks, hits, consistently puts up 50 points and rarely gets injured/misses games. He's also two years younger than Cams and almost $3M cheaper. He plays on the PP and PK.

I gotta think that LA wants something else in this deal to compensate for contract size and age differences. Someone said that need more depth at D. Surely we could part with Campoli, Diaz or Weber?

Also of note - LA seems to have cap space. I did some quick adding of rough numbers and got $57-58M

Thoughts on Brown? On this possibility?

Both teams had higher expectations for this season. Both of these top six wingers are struggling to produce. Each offers what the other team needs.

Cams is a sniper who loves life in Cali. He'd fit in well with Kopitar or Richards. He can score 50-80 points in a season - hard to predict, but no doubt he would benefit from playing with an elite centre, and the Kings happen to have two of em. Also, he's pretty much a guaranteed playoff performer.

Brown is a power forward who forechecks, hits, consistently puts up 50 points and rarely gets injured/misses games. He's also two years younger than Cams and almost $3M cheaper. He plays on the PP and PK.

I gotta think that LA wants something else in this deal to compensate for contract size and age differences. Someone said that need more depth at D. Surely we could part with Campoli, Diaz or Weber?

Also of note - LA seems to have cap space. I did some quick adding of rough numbers and got $57-58M

If that was on the table then you do that trade in a second. If it's Cammalleri and Weber or Cammalleri and apick or whatever you do that trade. Only issue this creates is that there would be even more depth on RW. I mean Brown, Cole, Gionta, AK46.....that's quite a bit.

Unless it's something bigger like: Penner and Brown to Montreal for Mike Cammalleri and Ak46?

With that said I don't see Gauthier having the balls to make this move.

A more likely scenario would be Penner and Mitchell with a pick in there for Cammalleri and Campoli. $7.75 million going to LA and $7.75 million coming back.

As for space according to Cap geek they have $63,514,510 in salary so have roughly $700k remaining.

Don't mind the idea at all . I don't mind you evening up salaries by adding one of those defensemen however to even up talent value I would want a nice prospect or pick in return along with Brown of course.

On the surface, I like the sound of this and it seems somewhat doable. Brown is 2 years younger, half the price, and a super-durable, hard hitting power forward, plus a consistent 50 point scorer. If it's for Cams and a bottom pairing dman (Diaz? Campoli?), we shed salary, and loosen up the log jam at the backend.

I do worry about losing Cam's playoff intensity and production, but Cams seems frustrated in Mtl, and Brown is an amazing combo of forechecking, hitting, point production and durability, all for $3.2M. Gotta be one of the best deals in the league (for the team, that is). No trade clause?

Cammalleri for brown won't work because LA is right against the cap. I think they have under $100,000 remaining. If a deal is made then it would almost have to be $ for $.

The trade machine on capgeek disagrees, though LA seems to have called up some players due to injuries and I don't know who gets sent down for the most accurate numbers.

In my opinion, if you want Brown, you find a way to take Penner off their hands too... otherwise I don't see much interest from LA.

Cammalleri for brown won't work because LA is right against the cap. I think they have under $100,000 remaining. If a deal is made then it would almost have to be $ for $.

but Gill and say weber or diaz would and at low pick to sweeten the deal. they are a now team looking to make noise in the playoff so gill or a moen would help them and free up money for them as well in ufa's to be

but Gill and say weber or diaz would and at low pick to sweeten the deal. they are a now team looking to make noise in the playoff so gill or a moen would help them and free up money for them as well in ufa's to be

I think any deal would almost certainly have to involve Penner. So what if it is Cammalleri, Campoli and a 2nd or 3rd for Brown and Penner........I'd do it.

Does LA need a defenseman?

They are relatively thin on D. I mean they have Doughty and Johnson eating up alot of minutes and then Mitchell, Green and Drewiske. Voynov I beleive has been their #6 so given injuries maybe they'd go for a depth move if it meant shedding Penner? We'd definitely need to throw in a high pick or something though

I'm probably in the minority here but I would not trade Gill away for anything even close to his value. His "perceived" value is much less than his actual value. Not many people realize this but we would be a MUCH worse team without Gill.

If penner is apart of the deal i would walk away. he is a 4million dollar darche!!!! he always plays with the big names and does very little. getz and perry made him like lindros and leclaire made renburg.

I'm probably in the minority here but I would not trade Gill away for anything even close to his value. His "perceived" value is much less than his actual value. Not many people realize this but we would be a MUCH worse team without Gill.

I say no player is an untouchable but love what Gill does. I would part with him if it meant being able to get a guy like Brown but I think Gauthier is afradi to make a big move.

If penner is apart of the deal i would walk away. he is a 4million dollar darche!!!! he always plays with the big names and does very little. getz and perry made him like lindros and leclaire made renburg.

he also has an expering contract at seasons end. meaning $4.25 million off the books to go towards Eller, Price, Subban, Emelin, Gorges, etc..... besides could Penner actually do less than Cammalleri? In a hypothetical imagine a 3rd line of Penner-Gomez-Gionta.......I mean I think that could do damage.

They are relatively thin on D. I mean they have Doughty and Johnson eating up alot of minutes and then Mitchell, Green and Drewiske. Voynov I beleive has been their #6 so given injuries maybe they'd go for a depth move if it meant shedding Penner? We'd definitely need to throw in a high pick or something though

Ya, my bad on the addition. I was adding the numbers at eliteprospects and must have missed something. Forgot about capgeek.

But Penner and Brown for Cams and Campoli is interesting. Penner's contract is up at the end of the season. Depends on what they want in addition. A pick I would do - 2nd rounder, tops.

Gill is good not great and is getting slower and 2.5 mill and will want the same or more next year. yes he adds size but doesn't use it so there is your gorges money if we deal him. If we take penner that's 7 mil plus coming in and to many guy's to sign next yr