Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Part of that record is being a year or two away

Part of that record is the lack of guys who are 26+ who are probably never gonna make the NHL fulltime (unless something weird happens like Keith Aucoin) but are very productive AHLers

Agreed. We have lamented that the new regime didn't put some scoring acumen in the mix with the traditional add ons in Hamilton. Hamilton is sporting alot of rookies. I guess Boyce was their attempt at that? To the point--- If Montreal gets in a run of injuries, there is not a lot of help in Hamilton.

Agreed. We have lamented that the new regime didn't put some scoring acumen in the mix with the traditional add ons in Hamilton. Hamilton is sporting alot of rookies. I guess Boyce was their attempt at that? To the point--- If Montreal gets in a run of injuries, there is not a lot of help in Hamilton.

No there isn't.

Eller is your first fill in right now for a top 9 role (with a guy like Blunden taking the 4th line/press box role and coming from Hamilton)

Its unfortunate Leblanc is playing like crap, cause he likely would have been the fill in if there were two injuries.

A guy like Moen or Armstrong might need to move into the top 9 if there are a lot of injuries.

Maybe Palushaj could be a part time fill in.

If we get 2 or 3 major injuries we are pretty screwed, though at the same time, not that many teams could deal with 2 or 3 injuries either

One other guy who was supposed to be available for callups is Geoffrion, but it doesn't sound like he'll play again this season.

Yeah kid is in rough shape eh

Might just retire I'd think.

One other guy who was supposed to be available for callups is Geoffrion, but it doesn't sound like he'll play again this season.

Yeah. Like death and taxes, you are always going to get injuries. How would we look right now if we had played the first half of the season? We can only speculate. We don't know.

Over the past 2 years Moen has even got top 3 minutes. He belongs in the bottom 3 where he currently is.

I disagree. Our depth is a strong point this year. Moen is on the 4th line... last season didn't he get top 6 minutes at some point? Leblanc is in Hamilton, not doing well but probably will improve and a solid call up, we have Galchenyuk on the third and I'm sure he could move up if needed, Armstrong hasn't proved much but could be more then a 4th liner if the need arised (I'd say he is better then Darche at least), Eller hasn't been great but is an skilled young player who could play a top six role with a bit of improvement. We have depth on d... Overall I think depth, outside of goaltending, will only be an issue if rookie walls come up or some players go cold at the same time as injuries strike... course that would be an issue with any team.

LOLEklund reports we have serious interest in O'Reilly. Maybe DD going the other way? What would we be willing to part with to get a big center? DD, Eller, Diaz?

Getting O'Reilly would require someone from the core. Desharnais could be a core player but I suspect they'd want better than that if they were to deal him. Also, Colorado is playing hardball with O'Reilly the same way the Habs did with Subban (pushing the 'bridge' deal), there's no reason to expect that Montreal would turn around and give him the 5+ years he's reportedly seeking.

Getting O'Reilly would require someone from the core. Desharnais could be a core player but I suspect they'd want better than that if they were to deal him. Also, Colorado is playing hardball with O'Reilly the same way the Habs did with Subban (pushing the 'bridge' deal), there's no reason to expect that Montreal would turn around and give him the 5+ years he's reportedly seeking.

if they did, that would probably also seriously piss-off Subban. In any event, its a moot point, given Eklund's unreliability.

Ah the ol' Ryder/Halak/2nd.

I love the universal HF Boards trade proposal though, "All the guys I want to get rid of on my team for the guy you want to keep on your team."

Hey I like Eller, but you have to give to get. ;)

LA picked up Keaton Ellerby for a 5th round pick. For that price, I don't know why we didn't make a play for him.

I would suspect it has to do with the fact the team already is carrying 8 defencemen and that they'd have to waive someone in order to accommodate him.

It seems the cost of depth players (Ellerby, Loktionov, Lovejoy) is set... 5th rounder.

Would you take a 5th for Weber?

White?

Ellerby is only 24 and was pegged, and drafted to be a future #1 pair shutdown defenseman. I'd give up a 5th for him, I would of probably went as high as a 3rd.

Ellerby is only 24 and was pegged, and drafted to be a future #1 pair shutdown defenseman. I'd give up a 5th for him, I would of probably went as high as a 3rd.

Yeah tough to judge a only 24 year old d man who has yet to really get a full injury free season under his belt.

Great pick up for a low price.

I wonder if Leblanc is 'playing like crap' because of disappointment at being forced back into the AHL after an extended taste of the NHL? It happens. He seemed like a very solid player in his time with the big club, so if I were GM I'd consider rolling the dice and calling him back in case of injury, regardless of what he's doing in Hamilton.

The posts about Hamilton in recent days have mentioned Leblanc was playing better. Severe ankle injuries (high ankle sprain) sometimes takes a lot out of a player. I do not give up on Leblanc just yet.

Eklund still reporting we're after O'Reilly, waiting to see what Avs are doing with him at this point. He's also reporting something we all expect, that we will make a big play for Getzlaf if he hits the open market. Something tells me Getzlaf's right will be traded at deadline if he's still on Anaheim that long and not going to be signed. Either way, it's optimistic reports, but still Eklund.

I love Eklund. He blogged a few hours ago Hextall is being named the next GM of Columbus, in less than an hour, Columbus named Kekalainen GM and that whole section of Eklund's blog "disappeared." Thats more than a little funny.

I love Eklund. He blogged a few hours ago Hextall is being named the next GM of Columbus, in less than an hour, Columbus named Kekalainen GM and that whole section of Eklund's blog "disappeared." Thats more than a little funny.

It still comes up on Google if you search Eklund Hextall but yeah, it's 404 :)

It still comes up on Google if you search Eklund Hextall but yeah, it's 404 :)

The current blog is identical to the one erased except the one that was erased had a whole paragraph about his sources saying Hextal is to be named the next GM of Columbus. In the comment for the new one he says he "uploaded the wrong file." Funny how you "upload the wrong file" then leave it there, until your proven wrong in about an hour then it disappears. I know alot have no faith in him, and I had little, but after this it shows how much of his "sources" are actually in his own head.