Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

A moot point now!

I just hope I don't hear at some point that he left because of a conflict with Therrien. :angry::angry:

Actually talk is he pissed teammates off by texting them and telling they gotta step up their game this season. That's the report anyway. Yes I agree it's silly.

You definitely should goto bed. You're ready to blame Therrien for everything.

Actually talk is he pissed teammates off by texting them and telling they gotta step up their game this season. That's the report anyway. Yes I agree it's silly.

You definitely should goto bed. You're ready to blame Therrien for everything.

No, no, not without evidence. It's just a scenario that worries me. We've seen this sort of thing before. What really bothers me, in any case, is that this trade stinks. Anyway, I'm off.

Cole interview at the airport, chuckling almost crying thinking about the "group of guys". I don't buy that he wasn't part of the group or pissing others off.

Back to the Rumour thread: Do we know if Perry and Getzlaf want to sign with the same team ? Would we have enough space for both after buyouts?

No, no, not without evidence. It's just a scenario that worries me. We've seen this sort of thing before. What really bothers me, in any case, is that this trade stinks. Anyway, I'm off.

I finally saw the interviews on Sportsnet. Didn't sound like Cole wanted out of Montreal, or that there were issues with teammates, although, just now on TSN, Button said there reports of issues with Subban.

I really think that these kind of reports get overblown by the media. Sounded like a complete future salary cap flexibility move - that was how Cole said the deal was explained to him.

I was leary about having Cole for two more years, but I'm more leary about having Gionta for two more years, given that I think Gionta has shown more decline than Cole. I hate giving up a power forward for Ryder who was good when he was scoring, but just flakey when he wasn't. I also find it hard to get past him signing with the evil Bruins.

Cole interview at the airport, chuckling almost crying thinking about the "group of guys". I don't buy that he wasn't part of the group or pissing others off.

Back to the Rumour thread: Do we know if Perry and Getzlaf want to sign with the same team ? Would we have enough space after buyouts?

I can't see either of them being interested. I'm still pissed we didm't draft Getzlaf, but am leary of him now. Would LOVE to have Perry, but until a top UFA like Perry actually signs, I won't be holding my breath waiting.

That Cole had an issue with Subban?

Yes - according to Craig Button. But based on comments made by Button, I think he is full of it. There is just to much speculation by the media, which for those following the habs, should know that it is usually more BS then fact.

That Cole had an issue with Subban?

I don't buy it. It's my own opinion, but the past few games I noticed Cole and PK joking around a lot with each during the game, on the bench and going to the locker room. Their body language didn't suggest that there was an issue to me.

ryder was brilliant with boston at least against the habs. also, id think it makes perfect sence from a kid out east to play for the habs(the most popular team out there) and boston (the 2nd most popular ive heard)?

i think MB made this move himself. he wants a young team with solid vets not ageing ones!! as he analyzed the Cole situation and said "hmmm guy is struggling after 11 months off and soon to be age 35. i gotta give him 4.5 for more 2 years. he also complains about everything... i have an oppurtunity to shed his salary and bring back a hot goalscorer to help my team now on the scoreboard. we dont need help in the hits catagory as we have alot of guys who throw the body. if it doesnt work out i hit the UFA market which is loaded. MB has confidence in his abilities and has built a large staff of ex players who know people.... any blackhawk UFA's he might be interested in?

It's beyond silly if my memory is correct, because wasn't that text message sent after the 6-0 Toronto shellacking? And now we've got a point in 8 straight games?

We could use more of these kind of locker room problems.

I'm all for signing Perry, but I guarantee you many people on this board will be bitterly complaining about salary and term two years into his $8 mil/8 year contract ;) Assuming, which is unlikely, that we can sign him.

This team hits enough? - so much that it can throw away Cole for a perimeter player? Wait a minute, what planet is this?

I agree we have adequate sandpaper for once, but I also notice us getting outhit game after game. We just threw away a player who, when on his game, drives the net like crazy and is a major physical presence with speed.

In short, he'd better be in permanent decline or we made ourselves a worse team for no discernible reason that makes any sense.

I'm all for signing Perry, but I guarantee you many people on this board will be bitterly complaining about salary and term two years into his $8 mil/8 year contract ;) Assuming, which is unlikely, that we can sign him.

This team hits enough? - so much that it can throw away Cole for a perimeter player? Wait a minute, what planet is this?

I agree we have adequate sandpaper for once, but I also notice us getting outhit game after game. We just threw away a player who, when on his game, drives the net like crazy and is a major physical presence with speed.

In short, he'd better be in permanent decline or we made ourselves a worse team for no discernible reason that makes any sense.

You might be right, but Cole wasn't on his game and has not been all season. MB decided that we needed goals and we needed them now. Apparently, he: a. felt that since Cole wasn't hitting his physicallity would not be missed, b. he expects someone on the team to step up in the physical play department-who? that's another question or c. he is preparing another move if we need it. I am not overly thrilled with this move, but it might be ok.

Back to the Rumour thread: Do we know if Perry and Getzlaf want to sign with the same team ? Would we have enough space for both after buyouts?

The Habs, with Kaberle gone, would have about $17 million in cap space. However, they have several spots to fill with that money so realistically, no, the money isn't there for both. Early speculation is that Getzlaf will re-sign as well.

I'm all for signing Perry, but I guarantee you many people on this board will be bitterly complaining about salary and term two years into his $8 mil/8 year contract ;)

It'll never happen... (He can't sign an 8 year deal with the Habs, only Anaheim - or whatever team he's dealt to prior to the deadline.)

Feeling any better about the trade?

Thanx Dlbair- Now I can root for Dallas falling off the cliff. Rah rah Minny and Edmonton

Don't forget to cheer against Calgary and Nashville too...boy it has been a while since us fans have had to pay this much attention out West.

6 picks in the first 3 rounds?

I doubt we end up drafting with all of them.

From listening to Bergevin's comments when he was hired about building through the draft and how the addition of the 3rd rounder was a crucial part of the Ryder trade, I don't think they'll be dealing many. Perhaps one gets moved for a rental at or near the deadline but I don't see them being as willing to part with picks as previous regimes were.

From listening to Bergevin's comments when he was hired about building through the draft and how the addition of the 3rd rounder was a crucial part of the Ryder trade, I don't think they'll be dealing many. Perhaps one gets moved for a rental at or near the deadline but I don't see them being as willing to part with picks as previous regimes were.

From what he did at the last draft, I want him to keep the picks. I don't follow minor hockey as much as alot of others here do, so I don't have much of a personal opinion on his picks, but from what you guys have been saying, MB hit a homerun overall with his selections. If he is successful at drafting, the long term benefit is going to greatly outweigh any trade to get players unless we are truly going to be a contender this year.

seeing that Calgary gave a huge offer for RoR that Colorado opted to match makes me so glad the Habs got PK settled. hate to have that 6.5 mil 2nd year on a bridge contact.

seeing that Calgary gave a huge offer for RoR that Colorado opted to match makes me so glad the Habs got PK settled. hate to have that 6.5 mil 2nd year on a bridge contact.

Calgary messed with Colorado hardcore.

Funniest part? Calgary has no prospects for the Avs to do the same!

It makes sense for the future. We can all agree that this is supposed to be a rebuilding year, and our current success is a bonus. Cole's contract was likely to become a burden next year and the year after. We have a lot of important pieces that will be getting a raise in that period. Cole more than earned his contract value for the first year of his deal, but he wasn't doing so thus far this year and I and many others worried about his ability to perform as he got older. Getting rid of his deal may not look good now (although I think it's a good return), but it's much more likely to look good this summer and the one after.

Anyways, at this point we don't know if he'll be washed up by then, but at the worst it's Bergevin erring on the side of caution and making sure there's enough money for our young core (and any potential UFA upgrades).

I could see picks being used to move up if there is a guy they really like, ala Buffalo/Calgary to get Girgensons last year.

Calgary messed with Colorado hardcore.

Funniest part? Calgary has no prospects for the Avs to do the same!

Baertschi is really good. But overall yes they are weak on prospects.