Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Based on events of the last 24 hours, I'd like Montreal to make a deal with either Calgary or Colorado. Another solid trade win would go down really well here. Think we can offer Weber for Stastny? Bouwmeester?

Based on events of the last 24 hours, I'd like Montreal to make a deal with either Calgary or Colorado. Another solid trade win would go down really well here. Think we can offer Weber for Stastny? Bouwmeester?

Bouwmeester is a decent defenceman, but that contract is a disaster.

According to Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News, Montreal and Chicago put in claims for Tom Sestito but Vancouver won the claim.

Hmm very interesting.

I like Stasny, but I don't like either contracts. I have no interest in Bouwmeester. The guy has NEVER been in the playoffs. EVER. He was on a losing junior team. Losing teamin Florida and is now on a disfunctional losing team in Calgary. He has surpassed Guy Charron as the longest anyone has been in the league without making it into the playoffs.

Highly talented and skilled, but he is inconsistent and soft and has not been able to help make others around him better.

Calgary messed with Colorado hardcore.

Funniest part? Calgary has no prospects for the Avs to do the same!

Colorado did Calgary a huge favour. The Flames would have given up a 1st & 3rd and have to put O'Reilly through waivers before he could play due to the new CBA. Jay Feaster would've been canned even sooner.

Edited by EMELINATOR

Nay to Stastny. Yay to Bouwmeester!

I'd love to see Gally and Eller down the middle one day.. Stastny needs to play top six.. No room as far as I'm concerned, we need a winger more than a centre.

Today is the first day that prospects can sign 'future' contracts (ones that will begin in 2013-14) and the Habs have a few prospects who need to sign by June 1st. However, there are rumblings that the Habs have extended their policy of no in-season negotiations to prospects as well, they'll talk contract upon the completion of their respective seasons. As a result, I wouldn't expect to see any junior prospects signing for a while...or any Habs signing in-season extensions.

Pierre LeBrun has some notes on what he thinks the Habs will be up to. Basically, they're likely looking for toughness, preferably not a rental, and Eller is a player that other teams have interest in but he believes Montreal will keep him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/22544/rumblings-where-iginla-alfredsson-could-land

Pierre LeBrun has some notes on what he thinks the Habs will be up to. Basically, they're likely looking for toughness, preferably not a rental, and Eller is a player that other teams have interest in but he believes Montreal will keep him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/22544/rumblings-where-iginla-alfredsson-could-land

It really feels like Clowe is coming. He's having a poor season in San Jose and his value is dropping for the organization but still high everywhere else. Looks like a good target where if he doesn't work we have the depth to cover for it. Edmonton is looking for grit but I really wonder why Ryan Jones hasn't signed yet. If he's on the market, Montreal needs to make a call. Why have one Prust when you can have two? Except Jones rarely fights.

It really feels like Clowe is coming. He's having a poor season in San Jose and his value is dropping for the organization but still high everywhere else. Looks like a good target where if he doesn't work we have the depth to cover for it. Edmonton is looking for grit but I really wonder why Ryan Jones hasn't signed yet. If he's on the market, Montreal needs to make a call. Why have one Prust when you can have two? Except Jones rarely fights.

Both players are rentals which would go against the longer-term impact Bergevin is supposedly looking for. As for Jones, he just came back from injury less than two weeks ago and only has played in a handful of games. They're probably waiting for him to play a bit more before deciding on his future. He's a player I think could be a reasonably priced acquisition though, a physical third liner with some offensive abilities.

Both players are rentals which would go against the longer-term impact Bergevin is supposedly looking for. As for Jones, he just came back from injury less than two weeks ago and only has played in a handful of games. They're probably waiting for him to play a bit more before deciding on his future. He's a player I think could be a reasonably priced acquisition though, a physical third liner with some offensive abilities.

Even if Bergevin would prefer a long term player, with the amount of draft picks stockpiled we could drop a second or a third and still have plenty of picks to make.

I wouldn't mind Clowe if we made the decision to get rid of Bourque. He was playing well until his concussion and nobody knows what Bourque will return. I see no point in getting Clowe while keeping Bourque as LW is arguably our strongest position. I would much rather ship out Gionta and replace him with a RW with some size. That is unless we are going to make a strong play for Perry in free agency or at the draft. By the rare chance Anaheim will trade Perry before the end of the season, the price tag will be way too high.

Honestly I'd rather see a 3rd line center that can win some faceoffs (Matt Cullen), veteran RW (Hejduk) or veteran shutdown defenseman (Aucion/Smid). Not gonna lie, when I looked up Cullen I was shocked to see his FO% is 56%. He'd be great centering Chucky and hopefully someone like Hejduk.

I really want Montreal to offer sheet Nazem Kadri. Imagine the media craze if it happened.

And yeah, Kadri is the real deal. I've defended him since he was drafted. His advanced stats are extremely good and he's been doing this with some really weak linemates. He continues to get no support in Toronto when it comes to coaches and it's always silly things like his conditioning. He also was a Habs fan growing up.

What Calgary offer sheeted for O'Reilly? I'd offer sheet that for Kadri. Won't happen but man I want it to.

I really want Montreal to offer sheet Nazem Kadri. Imagine the media craze if it happened.

And yeah, Kadri is the real deal. I've defended him since he was drafted. His advanced stats are extremely good and he's been doing this with some really weak linemates. He continues to get no support in Toronto when it comes to coaches and it's always silly things like his conditioning. He also was a Habs fan growing up.

What Calgary offer sheeted for O'Reilly? I'd offer sheet that for Kadri. Won't happen but man I want it to.

That would be utterly awesome. But...it would start an all out war which we'd be worse off from.

Kadri's situation is one where I can see him choosing to not play for Toronto again. He's been screwed by his coaches and GM since he was NHL ready. Always citing stupid reasons why he couldn't play with the Maple Leafs. Would piss off a lot of Toronto fans if he asks to be traded.

With regard to the Gorges rumour that is floating around, it has already been debunked. Given that and the sensitive nature of the allegation, we will be deleting all discussions about it. Please do not bring it up in this or future threads. Thank you.

• Upvote 2

Kadri's situation is one where I can see him choosing to not play for Toronto again. He's been screwed by his coaches and GM since he was NHL ready. Always citing stupid reasons why he couldn't play with the Maple Leafs. Would piss off a lot of Toronto fans if he asks to be traded.

I see the Leafs throwing big money at him to keep him there for a long time.

I will laugh my butt off if the Make me Laughs lose him. I don't see it happening and am afraid if they do it will be to Boston, but I will still laugh.

This isn't so much of a rumour but rather speculation - with the Habs having 5 vacant contract slots at the moment, I suspect there's a good chance they'll take a run at one or two guys out of the college UFA market. Here's a listing of the top players available: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2013/03/the-nhl-prepares-for-us-college-free-agent-time.html