Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Anyone else hearing Yandle rumours?

I can't say I have. Phoenix may be looking to deal him since he has 3 years left on his contract but he will be an expensive acquisition for sure in terms of what it would cost to get him.

Why would Phoenix want to deal him? Isn't he like, their best player?

As is always the case with Phoenix and their never-ending ownership saga, money. They'll be a floor team again next year (which means they will cut from the current payroll) and have to try to re-sign Mike Smith (or another #1 goalie). I would expect that one of their long-term deals (excluding Doan obviously) will be moved, it could be Yandle.

Yandle would certainly be worth paying for. I'm a huge believer in building from the back end. Then again, I don't know anything about his cap hit or cap situation, so I'm just blue-skying when I say this.

Yandle for a second,Beaullieu and Weber

I'd make that trade but doubt Phoenix will, especially with Weber now hurt. I looked up Yandle:

Career stats:

--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----

Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2005-06 Moncton Wildcats QMJHL 66 25 59 84 109 21 6 14 20 36

2006-07 San Antonio Rampage AHL 69 6 27 33 97 -- -- -- -- --

2006-07 Phoenix Coyotes NHL 7 0 2 2 8 -- -- -- -- --

2007-08 San Antonio Rampage AHL 30 1 14 15 80 5 0 0 0 8

2007-08 Phoenix Coyotes NHL 43 5 7 12 14 -- -- -- -- --

2008-09 Phoenix Coyotes NHL 69 4 26 30 37 -- -- -- -- --

2009-10 Phoenix Coyotes NHL 82 12 29 41 45 7 2 3 5 4

2010-11 Phoenix Coyotes NHL 82 11 48 59 68 4 0 5 5 0

2011-12 Phoenix Coyotes NHL 82 11 32 43 51 16 1 8 9 10

2012-13 Phoenix Coyotes NHL 24 5 9 14 32

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NHL Totals 389 48 153 201 255 27 3 16 19 14

His numbers are solid. He's a $5.25M/year cap hit for the next 4 years.

Yandle isn't likely coming. Other teams need a blueliner more than Montreal and could add more than we could, unless we're selling the farm.

Also, why give up on Beaulieu? The dude is playing 30 minutes a game in Hamilton.

He could turn out to be a Yandle. But Yandle is already a Yandle. ;)

But yeah, I'd be hesitant to give up either Tinoridi or Beaulieu. Both look like they will be great top 4s.

What about Streit? He's a good replacement for Diaz. He's a UFA making $4M. He has a canon of a shot which could always be good on the PP. If he plays well, then Bergevin can resign him this summer.

What about Streit? He's a good replacement for Diaz. He's a UFA making $4M. He has a canon of a shot which could always be good on the PP. If he plays well, then Bergevin can resign him this summer.

I'd be ok with Streit, as long as the price isn't too high. He and Markov have had a lot of success together in the past.

Is it the general consensus that Diaz will still be out by playoffs?

I don't know. Concussions are a tricky thing and the defence hasn't played the same since Diaz went down. If he's gone long-term then Mtl needs to replace him without sacrificing the future. That's why I don't see Bergevin trading the farm but rather using picks to go after a guy like Streit. If the Islanders are too far out by the deadline then they trade everyone except Tavares.

I don't know. Concussions are a tricky thing and the defence hasn't played the same since Diaz went down. If he's gone long-term then Mtl needs to replace him without sacrificing the future. That's why I don't see Bergevin trading the farm but rather using picks to go after a guy like Streit. If the Islanders are too far out by the deadline then they trade everyone except Tavares.

The East is wide open. Toronto, Ottawa and New Jersey don't seem to be holding onto a playoff spot for the entire season or if they do, it'll be by kicking and clawing for it. New York, Philadelphia and *surprise* Washington are still playoff capable while Winnipeg is still a border team. I know this sounds like I'm spelling doom for the Islanders but I'm not. They are actually hanging in there quite well. Nowhere near as bad as older teams which is a surprise after losing Parenteau (Boyes stepped in quite well). I don't see the Islanders moving Streit whatsoever. Plus they can't shed that much salary because they need to make floor. They have to keep a few money guys.

Even the worst team in the league (Florida) is only one solid week out of a playoff position. Playing only 48 games, you are not going to get the separation even with the trading deadline thrown back. I don't see alot of teams that will be ready to cut bait at the deadline. It will be an anomoly deadline.

Is it the general consensus that Diaz will still be out by playoffs?

I read somewhere (apparently it came from the TSN-Habs 2nd intermission last night) that the hope is he'll be skating sometime next week.

I don't get the focus on D.

With Subban, Markov, Gorges, and Emelin as our top 4.. we really don't need to add to it.

I think we need to add a scorer. A legitimate first or 2nd line scorer.

I don't get the focus on D.

With Subban, Markov, Gorges, and Emelin as our top 4.. we really don't need to add to it.

I think we need to add a scorer. A legitimate first or 2nd line scorer.

I think the Habs d is soft and slow.

Need to improve one of those 2 aspects.

Agreed. We could use a crease clearer and puck mover.

Not sure I get the slow part. Even with Markov apparently having lost a step, they are a pretty mobile group especially when Diaz gets back. Soft? Not too sure about that, but of course we could use a strong skating behmoth to clear the crease...who couldn't? The question is, does MB address this issue now or wait for Tinordi next year or the year after?

We have those in the system so if we add someone by trade, it has to be a rental.

Not necessarily, you can never have too much defensive depth. The only dmen from this year's team I want back are Subban, Markov, Emelin, gorges and Diaz. We have no idea if tinordi and Bieulieau are going to be ready next year.

Not necessarily, you can never have too much defensive depth. The only dmen from this year's team I want back are Subban, Markov, Emelin, gorges and Diaz. We have no idea if tinordi and Bieulieau are going to be ready next year.

You just named five players. Only need to add two D-men. Let's see how Pateryn plays for the Canadiens, he might be exactly what we need in a big, tough third pairing D-man.