Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

If we can pick up someone that would move one of Emelin, gorges or Diaz, to the bottom pairing, or a 7th dman,I think that would be a good thing.

You just named five players. Only need to add two D-men. Let's see how Pateryn plays for the Canadiens, he might be exactly what we need in a big, tough third pairing D-man.

I would actually like to see Tinordi called up for the playoffs as a 7th defenseman, assuming Diaz is back. I don't wanna see Weber or Kaberle play a single game in the playoffs. Smid might be a good pickup, though.

My number one target for the trade deadline would be Morrow.

I would actually like to see Tinordi called up for the playoffs as a 7th defenseman, assuming Diaz is back. I don't wanna see Weber or Kaberle play a single game in the playoffs. Smid might be a good pickup, though.

My number one target for the trade deadline would be Morrow.

With the Bulldogs (barring a ridiculous miracle) being eliminated before the end of the NHL regular season, I would say there's a really good chance Tinordi and quite a few other youngsters will be up with the team for the playoff run.

Is there anyone else we could realistically use? Beaulieu seems less ready for the NHL than Tinordi. Leblanc could play if there's an injury, but I can't seem him pushing anyone off the roster.

Pateryn and Dumont, if they're back in the minors, would probably get recalled. I suspect Blunden would be around as well, a 3rd goalie, plus guys like Leblanc, Beaulieu, Bournival, St-Denis, etc (those who were at training camp at some point). I didn't say any of them would play, just that there would be players brought up. :)

Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal posted the top 20 players that could be in play, in his opinion, at the deadline.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/edmonton-oilers/Hockey+World+Perry+Iginla+Clowe+play/8076627/story.html

Was surprised to see Clarkson on that list. Wouldn't he look great with Prust?

Bourque - Pleks - Gionta

Wolvie - DD - Gallagher

Chucky - Eller - Ryder

Prust - Cullen - Clarkson

Best thing about Clarkson is he has the scoring talent to be moved anywhere, but I think this way our 4th line has the potential to steal a couple of games, like every Cup winning team has had. Cullen shouldn't command much in a trade, a 3rd maybe? Clarkson we may have to give a bit more for, but nothing more than a 2nd. Plus it leaves Armstrong, Moen, and White for depth or trade bait for a 7th defenceman. There's White/Regehr/ Leopold/ even O'Byrne.

Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal posted the top 20 players that could be in play, in his opinion, at the deadline.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/edmonton-oilers/Hockey+World+Perry+Iginla+Clowe+play/8076627/story.html

Was surprised to see Clarkson on that list. Wouldn't he look great with Prust?

Bourque - Pleks - Gionta

Wolvie - DD - Gallagher

Chucky - Eller - Ryder

Prust - Cullen - Clarkson

Best thing about Clarkson is he has the scoring talent to be moved anywhere, but I think this way our 4th line has the potential to steal a couple of games, like every Cup winning team has had. Cullen shouldn't command much in a trade, a 3rd maybe? Clarkson we may have to give a bit more for, but nothing more than a 2nd. Plus it leaves Armstrong, Moen, and White for depth or trade bait for a 7th defenceman. There's White/Regehr/ Leopold/ even O'Byrne.

Clarkson will cost considerably more than a 2nd rounder. He had 30 goals last year and is scoring at that pace again this season. He has become a legit top-6 forward, not someone to bolster a fourth line.

I like your inclusion of Cullen in there, a quality 3rd line centre who can win draws and play the PK. I haven't started putting together my trade deadline previews yet (one of which is a list of players the Habs could/should look at) but he will be mentioned in there.

Clarkson will cost considerably more than a 2nd rounder. He had 30 goals last year and is scoring at that pace again this season. He has become a legit top-6 forward, not someone to bolster a fourth line.

I like your inclusion of Cullen in there, a quality 3rd line centre who can win draws and play the PK. I haven't started putting together my trade deadline previews yet (one of which is a list of players the Habs could/should look at) but he will be mentioned in there.

The whole reason for putting Clarkson on the 4th is so we can roll 4 lines with even minutes. Plus he could easily fit in the top 3 line if an injury occurs. I must of underevaluated him, I didn't think he would be worth a 1st. Not worth trading a 1st at this stage of the rebuild imo. I still believe we would benefit from scoring power forward on our 4th line to make it dangerous. Maybe Morrow or even Antropov for the wing?

I'll never give up advocating for Cullen. He can win faceoffs and is solid defensively. Plus he is a 40-point player nearly every season.

Minnesota just passed Vancouver for first in their division. I'm not sure Cullen is available, though I agree he would be a good pickup.

I'd approach Dominic Moore. See if the guy is ready to move on with his life. He would be a good pickup for a similar role.

• Upvote 1

Minnesota just passed Vancouver for first in their division. I'm not sure Cullen is available, though I agree he would be a good pickup.

I'd approach Dominic Moore. See if the guy is ready to move on with his life. He would be a good pickup for a similar role.

I like Moore. While he doesn't have the offensive upside Cullen has, he's great on faceoffs, something we absolutely need if we're going to be serious about a cup this year. Sitting in the bottom 1/3 of the league inf faceoff% isn't going to do it in the playoffs.

Problem is there aren't enough sellers. Florida is about it.

I'd be interested in Marcel Goc, but only if we raise his ceilings.

Where's Jets when we need him ?

I really cant see us selling the farm this year at the trade deadline but i can see us trading a few of our 2nd or 3rd rounders, so on that train of thought

would you rather

morrow for a 2nd plus a prospect if they would trade him

or

clowe for a 3rd plus a prospect

and on the d side of the puck

douglas murray for a 3rd

or

ryan whitney for a 3rd

I know the trades would be a lot more complicated and i am probably wrong on what it would cost, but i could see us doing a couple of trades similar to these if we are still looking this good come trade deadline. Just wondering what fellow fans would rather have.

I wouldn't mess with team's chemistry at all and draft with ALL our picks this summer.

Anything can happen in playoffs with this team. As is.

It feels like we are still one or two players away from really making a run at it.. And with Price you really have a shot.. So why not add and go for it..

Get a Clowe or Clarkson, or bring in a stud defenceman..

As of right now Montreal has a shot... It's MBs job to make the target bigger

LOLEklund reporting we're interested in Streit, Jagr and Sullivan. Only pointing out an Eklund rumor to get some discussion going.

Saw Jagr and Streit come up a few times here, although I don't see how Sullivan would help as he's another smurf. That is unless we are trying to win a cup with and average height of less than 5'10.

I personally like the idea of Jagr and Streit. Streit plays top minutes against the other teams top line every night, could really thrive in an easier defensive role. Also has proven he can work with Makrov. To me that sounds like a pretty low risk deal. Jagr is a proven winner, let's not kid ourselves. While he isn't the Jagr of 10 years ago, he could really help out DD and Wolvie, look what he did for Hartnell. This would also put less responsibility on Chucky and Gally, which is gonna be a key factor in winning in the playoffs. Can't depend on rookies to play like anything other than a rookie.

What are peoples opinions on

Dubinsky and Boll?

Seeing as Dubinsky, Anisimov a prospect and a 1st was traded for Nash, you could reasonably guess Columbus would be looking for a 1st if they were to part ways with Dubinsky. Boll on the other hand might fit nicely on the wing with Prust on the 4th line.