Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

haha

In fact, to play him on Boston's lineup, you have to toss out Chara or Boychuk/Seidenberg. So yes, they might miss the playoffs. :)

Actually Boston can fit Bouwmeester into their cap right now. Next season would be different but seeing as Boston has fleeced Calgary several times on trades before they'd probably convince Calgary to take Ference back and Peverley to ensure he fit in for later. So again, nope they wouldn't ;)

Actually Boston can fit Bouwmeester into their cap right now. Next season would be different but seeing as Boston has fleeced Calgary several times on trades before they'd probably convince Calgary to take Ference back and Peverley to ensure he fit in for later. So again, nope they wouldn't ;)

Ok you got me. Forgot that Bouwmeester was playing for Jay Feaster... haha

Apparently Chris Stewart might be available out of St Louis, and they'd be looking for defense.

I don't see a trade fit, but I could handle him in a Habs uni.

Would love for the Habs to add him. Thought Colorado was crazy for letting him go...

Apparently during the 2nd intermission of tonight's game, RDS noted that the Habs are looking to give Francis Bouillon a one year extension.

My first reaction was ugh but my second reaction was "insurance". Cube has been quite good as a sixth defenceman. I'd rather Tinordi/Pateryn/whoever earn that spot instead of just be handed it. Besides, we're doing great this year and a big reason is due to our depth.

My first reaction was ugh but my second reaction was "insurance". Cube has been quite good as a sixth defenceman. I'd rather Tinordi/Pateryn/whoever earn that spot instead of just be handed it. Besides, we're doing great this year and a big reason is due to our depth.

my question is what's the hurry right now? 3rd pairing dman can be signed later in the year - particularly old, 3rd pairing dmen that are in the twilight of their career.

• Upvote 1

Unless it's 2-way I see no point in signing him. We're still rebuilding. We have a bunch of young defensemen waiting for a shot. There's no point in pulling a JM and playing veterans while screwing prospects, just because a veteran is a veteran. Tinordi looks like he could be ready next year to assume that 3rd pair role.

• Upvote 1

Unless it's 2-way I see no point in signing him. We're still rebuilding. We have a bunch of young defensemen waiting for a shot. There's no point in pulling a JM and playing veterans while screwing prospects, just because a veteran is a veteran. Tinordi looks like he could be ready next year to assume that 3rd pair role.

A 2 way contract is moot. No way would he clear waivers to get to Hamilton, which would nullify the cost savings of a 2 way contract, since 2 way simply means you're paying him a different salary in the AHL. Nor would Bergy or Therrien treat Bouillon that way. A slap to Bouillon who has performed admirably this year on a minimal dollar amount, cap wise.

The thing about rebuilding is that we're rebuilding while also being a contender. People treat this team like we're on the verge of not making the playoffs. The reaction to losses on Twitter is ridiculous. We're one of the three best teams in the East by far. You don't have to sell your future right now but at the same time you don't need to play rookies like you have no other choice.

Let Cube naturally regress with age while someone like Tinordi earns his minutes. Therrien likes players who earn their minutes and players who earn minutes become better workers for the team. He'll be a seventh D-man by the end of next season I bet. If he's not? That just means we're a better team with him in the lineup.

MB is getting his ducks in a row. Signing the cube at 1.5 for 1 year? why not? He has played well been a good solid d. less problems to deal with next year. When Big Bob would not talk contract during the year everyone said he was nuts, we MB does so be happy.

Craig Button thinks we're going after Tomas Kopecky. Don't know him very well but he is a big centreman and a Cup winner.

He's more of a winger than a centre at this point (only 81 faceoffs in 31 games this year). He's a decent two-way player (his scoring touch has improved in recent years) but he is quite hesitant at times to play physically.

All this trade talk is actually beginning to scare me.

I hope MB does not give up guys like Eller or Patches or Gally or even Emelin to obtain a body for a playoff run.

I'm all for adding depth to the team.. but unless a Superstar is coming back I do not want to lose one of our young players. Montreal, with C.Price and Subban, look dangerous for years to come. Please don't sacrifice that for a run at the Cup this year. The Habs are actually good enough to win it all this year as is!

Pass on Kopecky. Doesn't fit the mold of a 4th liner which is what he would be here...

All this trade talk is actually beginning to scare me.

We're a division leader with lots of cap space. We're going to be involved in every trade rumour.

Bergevin already said he isn't interested in rentals and wants to build his team internally so it's going to have to take an impressive rental piece for him to change his mind. Just ignore the white noise.

On L'Antichambre tonight, the panel discussed the Habs claiming Jeff Halpern off waivers from the Rangers. Both Carbonneau and Gagnon said it would improve their 4th line and since Halpern is a good faceoff guy, he would help the team immensely in the playoffs. A move like this would ultimately spell doom for Gabriel Dumont.

Who would you rather have, Halpern or Dumont?

We'll know tomorrow by noon.

No room for Halpern when everybody is back...

Pacs - Plek - Gionta

Bourque - Desharnais - Ryder

Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust

Moen - White - Gally?

Forgot Armstrong too.. I could see a 2 for 1 trade to improve..

No room for Halpern when everybody is back...

Pacs - Plek - Gionta

Bourque - Desharnais - Ryder

Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust

Moen - White - Gally?

Forgot Armstrong too.. I could see a 2 for 1 trade to improve..

dont think MT is going to break up patches and DD and then demote Gallagher to the 4th line. rene will more then likely push armstrong down to the 4th with moen. and he'll probably just play on the 3rd to see if theres any sparks with eller. but ideally you would move ryder there so everybody is on their proper wing

its gonna get tricky when prust gets back as well as diaz if tinordi continues to excel

gallchenyuk sits for a bit i think as i stated in another thread

dont think MT is going to break up patches and DD and then demote Gallagher to the 4th line. rene will more then likely push armstrong down to the 4th with moen. and he'll probably just play on the 3rd to see if theres any sparks with eller. but ideally you would move ryder there so everybody is on their proper wing

its gonna get tricky when prust gets back as well as diaz if tinordi continues to excel

gallchenyuk sits for a bit i think as i stated in another thread

What's wrong with

Pac - DD - Gallagher

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta

Galchenyuk - Eller - Ryder

Prust - White - Armstrong/Moen

?

Why sit Galchenyuk when you can play him on the 4th if he's cold and promote Prust ?

Why sit Galchenyuk when he's one of (or the) best in shootout ?

What's wrong with

Pac - DD - Gallagher

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta

Galchenyuk - Eller - Ryder

Prust - White - Armstrong/Moen

?

Why sit Galchenyuk when you can play him on the 4th if he's cold and promote Prust ?

Why sit Galchenyuk when he's one of (or the) best in shootout ?

absolutely nothing except prust is a way better hockey player right now...

and its not "if he's cold" ... he is cold!

im not advocating he be up there long term. i just think he needs to take a step back, take a week off to reset his mental state of mind. it will remind him that this isnt the OHL. talent alone aint gonna cut it cause everyone is talented in the NHL! its who wants it most who will fight for every inch of the ice... see brendon gallagher.

plus as it stands white has got a hurt back so we might never be fully fit!

are we all really worried about stunting this guys growth? geez MT just benched PK for a dumb move. guy turns around and bags a brace.

its the thinking that he is obligated a spot because hes Alexxxx Galchenyukkkk! when in turn he should earn and fight for one. this is the same bad thinking that earns him the #1 star in a game that he has no business being except for fan fare. we were all up in arms when Eller got a handful of games and in hindsight it was the best thing for him

Who would you rather have, Halpern or Dumont?

We'll know tomorrow by noon.

For the rest of this season and playoffs, Halpern. Next season, not so much,

I don't agree on benching Chuckie. I'm confused with this notion of him struggling. I find no evidence of that. Using Gally as a measuring stick for Chuckie doesn't stand up IMO. Gallagher is a right winger & Galchenyuk is a center so the position hold different responsibilities. I've noticed on numerous occasions he is clearing the zone. He's very conscious of watching the slot & preventing backdoor plays. He's also covering the point when PK or another D pinches on the play.

There are some tweaks & adjustments that could be made but icetime will help with this. I really like Galchenyuk's defensive game. Gallagher has been awesome in this regard as well. However, the omnipresent notion of a centermans responsibilites has taken a bit away from Chuckies offensive game. But that's OK. I'm definitely not worried about it.

Now, I wonder if it's true that Bergevin is interested in Ryan Clowe.

I don't think Halpern would hurt, but my guess is that someone will pick him up long before he gets to the Habs. As for having room, you need to remember that rosters can expand at the end of the trading deadline.