Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

dont forget big bad conacher and his tying goal with seconds left to turn the series on its head... man he's a big body!

i believe we need a bid nasty defender and a much improved price and our habs will be alright!

TINORDI subban

markov EMELIN

"NASTY D" diaz

What happened to Gorges?

I don't think he's going anywhere, and I don't think Tinordi is ready for the 25 minutes a game that playing beside Subban needs right now.

I think we need that nasty defender because Emelin is out to start the year, and Tinordi isn't ready yet... but I think its a stop gap and Tinordi eventually is that guy.

i meant moving forward... gorges is the guy i think we need to upgrade! although he has the heart and is willing to step infront of 100km pucks... he is just unable to clear the net and enforce play around the crease. he's to soft for top 4 minutes and lacks the neccesary skills to lead play out of the back. thats why diaz is the better option on the 3rd pairing with a tough guy.

markov and PK both want to dictate play and start our transitions and puck movement. they should run their own lines.

if we want a smooth transition for tinordi(lefty), putting him with PK(righty) or markov(lefty) is most definitly our best option. i think tinordi will be much less vulnerable on the ice playing 25min with PK on the right then he will playing 14min with say gorges/ boullion/ diaz (all turn over machines)! Its common sense i think. tinordi showed he was able to play 14-15min in the playoffs plus the penalty kill. 3 months of heavy minutes with our top D is just what the DR ordered till emelin returns.

In the meantime addressing the HUGE size debate on the back end with gorges diaz boulion... one needs to be upgraded and gorges is most valuable on the market and is locked up. both boullion & diaz are upcoming UFA's.

Gorges and Subban is a great combo

thats because subban carries him...... boullion looked lights out early season when subban first came back from his hold out as well. same with diaz prior to being concussed. any one player will look that much better playing with great players! see chris kuntiz and or mike komisarik

What happened to Gorges?

I don't think he's going anywhere, and I don't think Tinordi is ready for the 25 minutes a game that playing beside Subban needs right now.

I think we need that nasty defender because Emelin is out to start the year, and Tinordi isn't ready yet... but I think its a stop gap and Tinordi eventually is that guy.

Yep.

Subban pinches all the time. Gorges stays at home. That's why they're a good pairing.

exactly.. now upgrade that stay at home defender with a bigger tougher stay at home guy!

maybe tinordi isnt ready for top 4 minutes yet we wont know until he is given that roll... im just saying gorges occupys a spot in the line up we need to address..

PK just won the Norris any defender in the league can play 25 minutes with him and do better then they would with out him.... the only issue we will have with tinordi playing with PK is the substantial raise tinordi will command when his contract is up (see mike komisarek/ andrei the giant).

there is more then 20 young defenders in this league logging heavy minutes. dont assume that tinordi isnt ready to partner arguably the best if not top 3 d in the league with subban. its easier to play with talented players then to play with average players.

Tinordi has done nothing to show otherwise so far in his progression.

3 game call up... 13 minutes of ice time +3 and even contributed to the goal leading to a win!

5 games in playoffs... played more minutes was placed on the Penalty kill had a fight but finished -3.

he should of never been sent down if not for the old "dont burn a year bull" and we all know it!!!

he's 6'6" and 210lbs and counting.... he is exactly what the heck we are looking for. give the kid a real chance for success

he needs to play in our top 4 on the left with PK and any one lobbying for gorges in that role is crazy i think.

tinordi PK

Markov emelin**

"tough defender" Diaz

boullion

drewskie

nygren*

beaulieu*

*call up

**IR

I'm still leary putting a rookie out there 25 minutes a night. Remember he's also going from playing against third lines, to matching the best in the NHL.

Tinordi is good, but like many young defencemen, needs to be brought along slowly imo.

Guest Stogey24

I'm still leary putting a rookie out there 25 minutes a night. Remember he's also going from playing against third lines, to matching the best in the NHL.

Tinordi is good, but like many young defencemen, needs to be brought along slowly imo.

Yup, really can't see him playing top minutes this year.

I highly doubt Tinordi will be top 4 and is a chance Pateryn is on roster instead of him anyways, as he is likely much more NHL ready.

Diaz can easily play top 4 to start season until Yemelin is back, as he played 20+ minutes in regular season and top 3 minutes in playoffs. He may even help Markov from being the worst +/- of the d.

Drewiski is likely just a AHL mentor for young d-men.

Beaulieu's defense and strength was lacking last year and 1 more year in minors would likely be good for him.

So any good rumors out there?

I have a hunch we'll be seeing a press release sometime tonight or tomorrow about Dustin Tokarski re-signing. If we don't see that, I suspect we'll see one shortly thereafter about him getting traded. But that's not really a rumour, just me noting that the deadline to accept QO's is tomorrow and that the last time an AHL'er didn't accept his QO, he was quickly dealt (that being Mathieu Carle).

I highly doubt Tinordi will be top 4 and is a chance Pateryn is on roster instead of him anyways, as he is likely much more NHL ready.

Diaz can easily play top 4 to start season until Yemelin is back, as he played 20+ minutes in regular season and top 3 minutes in playoffs. He may even help Markov from being the worst +/- of the d.

Drewiski is likely just a AHL mentor for young d-men.

Beaulieu's defense and strength was lacking last year and 1 more year in minors would likely be good for him.

We can bemoan the defense all we want, the reason we aren't seeing an upgrade is that we have an embarrassment of riches in young defensemen. How many teams can say "player x is injured, should we call up Tinordi, Beaulieu, or Pateryn? Because they're the only ones that are NHL ready, and that leaves us with Ellis, Thrower, Nygren, Bennett waiting to take their places in the AHL. Plus, our 23 year old defenseman is the Norris winner."

I have a hunch we'll be seeing a press release sometime tonight or tomorrow about Dustin Tokarski re-signing. If we don't see that, I suspect we'll see one shortly thereafter about him getting traded. But that's not really a rumour, just me noting that the deadline to accept QO's is tomorrow and that the last time an AHL'er didn't accept his QO, he was quickly dealt (that being Mathieu Carle).

He didn't sign and the QO has now lapsed (the Habs still hold his rights though). I think a trade is likely at this stage.

He didn't sign and the QO has now lapsed (the Habs still hold his rights though). I think a trade is likely at this stage.

That is too bad..I really liked the kid's potential..

I think he sees the writing on the wall, though, being sandwiched between Price and Fucale..Hopefully, Bergevin can land us another young/goalie prospect..

Bergevin: "We're really disappointed your client didn't take his qualifying offer."

Tokarski's agent: "Yes, well we're really disappointed that you signed Robert Mayer."

Bergevin: "... there's nothing we can do! He has my children!"

• Upvote 1

That is too bad..I really liked the kid's potential..

I think he sees the writing on the wall, though, being sandwiched between Price and Fucale..Hopefully, Bergevin can land us another young/goalie prospect..

The only way flipping him for another goalie makes sense is if it's for a 19 year old at this point. Mayer/Condon are both signed for two years, it would appear that's the tandem they're going to run in Hamilton with unless they can find a way to get Tokarski to sign. They don't need a goalie prospect from this draft as Fucale would rightfully get the priority in two years for playing time. If you get a 19 year old, he could sign and replace Delmas as the 3rd stringer next year but that's about the only need (short of a competent starter in Hamilton which we know isn't happening since they've inexplicably committed to Mayer) in goal at the moment.

Guest Stogey24

That's always been the speculation but I think Prust could be a good choice too. They could also pick Subban which I'd love to see.

I would love to see Prust sportin' the C. There is a good possibility Prust will have the "A".

Subban for captain!!! The mind boggles :lol:

At first I thought the concept was awful but the more you think about it, the more it makes sense ;)

- Best player

- Best spokesman for the team

- Extremely active in volunteering

- Never has trouble putting up points

- Would probably lower his per year salary

- First black Captain in NHL history would make headlines for the right reasons

- 29 teams and all of their fans would throw a huge tantrum

Pull a Toews and give it to Galchenyuk. He's gonna rule this team sooner than later.

- First black Captain in NHL history would make headlines for the right reasons

I guess Jarome Iginla isn't black enough ? ;)