Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

As bad as Bourque is, getting another soft perimeter player in return with a bad knee would be a really bad move.

He was signed as a/let walk as a UFA twice in last few years, Aves now (may) want to ship him, knee injury, biggest year was 20 goals, $4m/yr, not real promising player I don't think? (but Bourque isn't a guy you want around for another 2 1/2 years neither)

Habs 3 wins last 10 games

Hawks 3 wins last 10 games

Kings 3 wins in last 10 games and lost 4 straight.

Maybe Kings or Hawks looking to upgrade or shake things up?

He was signed as a/let walk as a UFA twice in last few years, Aves now (may) want to ship him, knee injury, biggest year was 20 goals, $4m/yr, not real promising player I don't think? (but Bourque isn't a guy you want around for another 2 1/2 years neither)

seeing that the Hawks and Kings are struggling makes me a feel a little better, but not much.

Coaches must have lost the room... Lol.

I'd take the deal because it's SOMETHING NEW IN THE LOCKER ROOM and that has a better chance of inspiring the Habs than the same old.

Why do we need anyone back? Just getting rid of Bourque would send a message and get a guy who is floating out of the room. I would take pucks.

There are way more floaters then just Bourque. Bringing in overpriced soft players just to "send a message" isn't good asset management

If you want to send a message, bench Markov and Gionta for a night.

There are way more floaters then just Bourque. Bringing in overpriced soft players just to "send a message" isn't good asset management

If you want to send a message, bench Markov and Gionta for a night.

I think in this case, it is getting rid of the over-priced soft player ie., Bouque that has everyone excited. After all, PAP is a one-time 20 goal scorer....wouldn'd it be nice to have a player come to Montreal and rediscover his game... its been a long time since that happened.

Why do we need anyone back? Just getting rid of Bourque would send a message and get a guy who is floating out of the room. I would take pucks.

If Lebrun is correct, Bourque was offered out to 29 teams and nobody bit. That tells me that teams won't take him to alleviate our cap. Taking him for even an eighth round pick is going to mean that team takes his cap hit.

Parenteau has seven points in 10 games and people are talking about him like he's Bourque. Product of Tavares? He scored 43 points in 48 games last season on a horrible Avalanche team. Avalanche team. No Tavares. His cap hit is $4M? Yes please.

I just don't see it costing Bourque at all. Whoever wrote that deserves a paddlin'.

If Lebrun is correct, Bourque was offered out to 29 teams and nobody bit. That tells me that teams won't take him to alleviate our cap. Taking him for even an eighth round pick is going to mean that team takes his cap hit.

Parenteau has seven points in 10 games and people are talking about him like he's Bourque. Product of Tavares? He scored 43 points in 48 games last season on a horrible Avalanche team. Avalanche team. No Tavares. His cap hit is $4M? Yes please.

I just don't see it costing Bourque at all. Whoever wrote that deserves a paddlin'.

Even without Tavares in Colorado, his numbers might be down because he's been dropped down a line and isn't getting minutes on the powerplay. Colorado still had great offensive players last year; if he got 43 points on a line centered by Matt Duchesne, Paul Stastny or Ryan O'Reilly, he's not going to be a point per game player, because we don't have any centers that can produce like them. When we got Bourque, he was coming off a few seasons of 25+ goals and he's sucked here.

Cammy's contract is expiring, we are stuck with 2 more years of Bourque.

$3.33m/year vs $6.0/yr

seeing that the Hawks and Kings are struggling makes me a feel a little better, but not much.

Just trying to show Habs not only team with issues, even top ranked teams. And is a long season with ups and downs for all.

So all the 'Chicken-Littles' ranting about what a disaster/how horrendous Bergevin/Therrien are just a bit over the top and must of had kooky expectations for this roster to begin with?

Cammy's contract is expiring, we are stuck with 2 more years of Bourque.

Touché

Am simply trying to not go down rat hole with all the pessimism and buy into all the BS on the shitwinds these days.

Guest Stogey24

Just trying to show Habs not only team with issues, even top ranked teams. And is a long season with ups and downs for all.

So all the 'Chicken-Littles' ranting about what a disaster/how horrendous Bergevin/Therrien are just a bit over the top and must of had kooky expectations for this roster to begin with?

In our last 6 games we've let in 27 goals. .... Horrendous is the right word

Cammy would not have put up that amount of points with the habs. It would be another midget in the lineup.

Bourque simply has too many injuries including concussions and only plays hard sometimes. That's his problem.

Remember before December when they were 3rd in goals against? I can't believe MT all of a sudden changed his coaching style. The players simply aren't good enough to play that way for 82 games. Eventually talent, size, character and work ethic win out over the long haul.

In our last 6 games we've let in 27 goals. .... Horrendous is the right word

Chicago/Los Angelos have also won a grand total of 3 games in last 10, so their Mgmt is horrendous as well?

Cammy is about 3X the player Bourque is, period. That was a terrible hockey trade at the time (as I and others declaimed) and remains a terrible hockey trade. The ONLY thing that made it better was Bourque's lower cap hit, but even there, Habs29 makes a sharp point about contract length.

The trade didn't even make sense on grounds that Cammy had rebelled against Martin. They fired Martin. So what is the sense in then throwing away the guy who got him fired? Pick one or the other.

Parenteau seems like a risk worth taking to me, but it won't happen because no other GM is sufficiently stupid. Maybe once the deadline approaches, he'll be more moveable. After all, GM IQ plummets about 30 points in the two weeks leading up to the deadline.

EDIT: as for Chicago and LA's struggles...well. Two of these three teams are Cup champs. See if you can spot the difference :rolleyes:

Guest Stogey24

Chicago/Los Angelos have also won a grand total of 3 games in last 10, so their Mgmt is horrendous as well?

Chicago lost all those games by one point. They're record is also. 23-10-12. We've been blown out and that's playing some mediocre teams.

Good point, Stogey. It's not just that we're losing - it's that we are not playing in a way that resembles an NHL team in our own zone. It is a horror show. Like I've been saying, that is not normal. We delude ourselves if we accept the analogy with LA and Chicago.

Has to be ROR...

And honestly, I'm hoping for some MEGA trades. This Habs lineup is the same old thing.. capable of making the playoffs and possibly stealing a round, but not really a contender. When are they going to realise they have a world class goalie and start building a team around him. Make the team tougher to play against, tougher to score against.. \

I don't care who they trade, as long as Price, Subban, and the Gallys aren't involved...

Although, I'd really trade anybody if the right deal came along...