Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Guest Stogey24

Has to be ROR...

And honestly, I'm hoping for some MEGA trades. This Habs lineup is the same old thing.. capable of making the playoffs and possibly stealing a round, but not really a contender. When are they going to realise they have a world class goalie and start building a team around him. Make the team tougher to play against, tougher to score against.. \

I don't care who they trade, as long as Price, Subban, and the Gallys aren't involved...

Although, I'd really trade anybody if the right deal came along...

Price and Galchenyuk are the only two guys on this team I wouldn't trade.

Pittsburgh calls, wants Price and Subban for Malkin, Fleury, and Letang...

You still keep Price?

I would trade ANYBODY if the price was right...

PK is my favorite player, but I'm thinking he gets dealt for players... would crush me for a few days but I can feel it coming...

Pittsburgh calls, wants Price and Subban for Malkin, Fleury, and Letang...

You still keep Price?

I would trade ANYBODY if the price was right...

PK is my favorite player, but I'm thinking he gets dealt for players... would crush me for a few days but I can feel it coming...

If someone wanted to make a dumb, impossibly good offer for players I really like, sure I'd be fine with it.

I love Subban's attitude and if he was on a different team he'd be my favourite player not playing for the Habs. Always liked how Price is in net. I like these players regardless of the sweater they wear.

But if Colorado was like "Duhhh Price for Varlamov, Landeskog and Mackinnon?" I'm not gonna say no to it. I'm also not going to live in a fantasy world.

I really don't want to bring up this supposed deal again but here's your laugher of the day, courtesy of the Denver Post:

Parenteau, 30, has been rumored to be on the trading block, with some reports saying the Montreal Canadiens might give up defenseman P.K. Subban for Parenteau and prospect(s) or draft picks.

Somehow I don't see that happening...

I really don't want to bring up this supposed deal again but here's your laugher of the day, courtesy of the Denver Post:

Somehow I don't see that happening...

I'm not laughing. Frankly, with some of the stupid, absurd, ridiculous, idiotic decisions I've seen from habs management over the past 20 years,I could actually envision a stupid trade like this.

When Chelios in his prime was traded for Savard, I couldn't believe how a former dman could be that stupid trading his anchor for a guy who was on the outs with Keenan.

When I was in university and a friend told me the habs traded Roy to Colorado, i was thinking, did we get Forsburg or Sakic? When i heard the return, i was so pissed, and went on an extended rant and skipped all of my classes.

When Leclair and Desjardins was traded and one of my flyers friends was in mourning of losing Recchi, i told, him that Leclair will outscore Rechhi on his own. Two of the heroes of 93' traded to start the future smurf brigade.

When the Gomez deal was announced I was stunned. EVERY friggin analyst had said that the Rangers would have to offer a team a first rounder along with Gomez to move that contract. Intead Gainey gave up our friggin #1 prospect

So, as ridiculous as it sounds, i'm not going to happy until Subban is signed to the 8 year deal he should have been signed to last year.

Lolololol, yes, the Habs will trade the reigning Norris trophy winner AND prospects for an overly skilled AHLer who will put up numbers only if paired with one of the best players in the game (Tavares)

Geez, Habs29, have a little faith that Bergevin is not a drooling idiot. The guy came through the Hawks organization. He had a sustained, insider look at the development of the best organization in the NHL. He remains an enigma due to brevity of his body of work with us, but I'm not going to put him into "Houle" category until I have valid reason to. And the deal cited here would be a franchise-destroying move on the level of the Roy trade. Stay cool.

I doubt if

I'm guessing Mcginn is who they are after. he has decent size and plays around the net. I don't see a 1 for 1 with Bourque.

I doubt if we could even get Mcginn's jock strap for Bourque

Garrioch on the Habs-Avalanche talks:

The denials Colorado right winger P.A. Parenteau is on the move were loud after Avs’ coach Patrick Roy made him a healthy scratch last week. Actually, that may be true but it hasn’t stopped teams from calling. I’ve been told Habs GM Marc Bergevin made a trio of separate offers for Parenteau — who has been in Roy’s doghouse — that were all turned down by GM Joe Sakic. Parenteau has a cap hit of $4 million through 2015-16 ...

That directly contradicts the TVA report.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/02/01/canucks-go-2-4-without-john-tortorella-behind-the-bench?token=c4b2161a457415fadfa36fe8666e95bd

We are certainly in rumour season. Sportsnet yesterday: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/subbans-price-keeps-going-up/

Montreal Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin will have to extend Norris Trophy-winning P.K. Subban, who is set to become a restricted free agent this summer. That's his No. 1 priority. Montreal dealt away defenceman Raphael Diaz to the Vancouver Canucks Monday, but Habs analyst Louis Jean reports there hasn't been any traction in the Subban talks. Jean estimates Subban is asking for a seven- or eight-year deal at $8 million or $8.5 million per season. The fans love him, but there is still tension between Subban and the coaching staff

PK is worth every dime and will be a superstar for us long after Michel Therrien is forgotten. F*ck the coaches, and lock this guy up. If Bergevin loses Subban, I will never forgive him or the Montreal Canadiens organization.

Another Montreal mention in Garrioch's weekly column:

Don’t be surprised if the Habs try to get another blueliner after shipping defenceman Raphael Diaz to the Canucks in exchange for forward Dale Weise last Monday. GM Marc Bergevin would still like to get help on defence. The talk is the Habs will try to acquire Dmitri Kulikov from the Panthers because they need a replacement for Diaz on the back end.

I get why the Habs would want Kulikov but I certainly don't think it's as simple as bringing in a replacement body for Diaz.

Also...

No update on talks between defenceman P.K. Subban and the Habs. The price will only go up the longer they wait but Subban will want more than $8 million per-season ...

I don't like the argument that the price will only go up. If Subban struggles in Sochi and down the stretch, I don't see that raising his asking price. If it were that simple (wait longer = guaranteed more money), he'd be signed already one would think.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/02/08/expect-to-hear-new-jersey-devils-goalie-martin-brodeurs-name-around-trade-deadline

I think people read too much into temporary slumps deflating a player's value. If Subban hit the open market, he would probably command a maximum cap hit regardless of whether he struggles down the stretch. The guy is a monster talent, and it takes a tremendous amount of self-convincing to talk oneself our of seeing it. The guy will get paid MASSIVE dollars whether Bergie likes it or not, and whether or not we are a smart enough team to pay it. And it will be money well-spent.

I think people read too much into temporary slumps deflating a player's value. If Subban hit the open market, he would probably command a maximum cap hit regardless of whether he struggles down the stretch. The guy is a monster talent, and it takes a tremendous amount of self-convincing to talk oneself our of seeing it. The guy will get paid MASSIVE dollars whether Bergie likes it or not, and whether or not we are a smart enough team to pay it. And it will be money well-spent.

Let me be the devils advocate. An offer sheet from say Edmonton at 8/8.5M per would be fairly interesting. One thing sure is we wouldn't have to look for things to talk about.

Let me be the devils advocate. An offer sheet from say Edmonton at 8/8.5M per would be fairly interesting. One thing sure is we wouldn't have to look for things to talk about.

DEFINITELY just match it. He'll end up with about 8 anyways. I'd be surprised if he got less at this point. Both sides know how fast this cap will rise.