Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

i'd rather trade for Kane than sign Iginla. I'd try and avoid moving Tinordi/Beaulieu though.

Agreed. If you can move either Plex or Eller for Kane - do it. Not sure what else is needed to sweeten the deal (Bourque, Moen, Prust)...?

With an extra centre available here, is it possible Montreal could be in for Yakupov in Edm? They're weak down the middle...

With an extra centre available here, is it possible Montreal could be in for Yakupov in Edm? They're weak down the middle...

Maybe....? What better winger for Galchenyuk?

my first preference is still Kane (skilled, big, mean), but Yakapov would be a great fit with Galchenyuk.

Agreed. If you can move either Plex or Eller for Kane - do it. Not sure what else is needed to sweeten the deal (Bourque, Moen, Prust)...?

Plex, Bourque and a choice of Prust/Moen is what i'd try making the deal for. I really don't want to move Eller.

There are a lot of answers to that. Are we talking:

1)Character

2)Hockey skills

3)Guys with reasonable first names?

Yak is a roach.

How do you know? He's a kid man....poorly handled kid at that, in that talent draining chamber in Edm.

Yakupov has a ton of character. Yakupov has a ton of hockey skill. Yakupov's issue is consistency, how Eakins coaches him and the fact he hasn't been given much of a chance to gel in the top six. He needs a fresh start, but it'll cost a team a lot. Edmonton still treats him as a first overall pick. I don't see him going for anything less than say a Ryan Murray or another high drafted defenceman.

Guest Stogey24

I watched Yakupov and Galchenyuk 5 or 6 times, and man, they knew each other so well on the ice. The thing is, he's not what Montreal needs. Evander Kane should be top of Montreal's wish list, not Yakupov who will end up in the KHL at some point in his career. Kane has a solid contract, lays the body, fights, and can score 40 goals. I would assume it would take Plek and a prospect...

Pac-DD-Parenteau

Kane-Galchenyuk-Gallgher

Sekac-Eller-Bourque

Prust-Manny-Weiser

Solid young lineup with goal scoring throughout.

Yakupov has a ton of character. Yakupov has a ton of hockey skill. Yakupov's issue is consistency, how Eakins coaches him and the fact he hasn't been given much of a chance to gel in the top six. He needs a fresh start, but it'll cost a team a lot. Edmonton still treats him as a first overall pick. I don't see him going for anything less than say a Ryan Murray or another high drafted defenceman.

I heard the same thing about Daigle and Patrik Stefan.

We would have more luck getting a game of grab-ass with Claude Giroux than Kane for a reasonable deal.

I heard the same thing about Daigle and Patrik Stefan.

We would have more luck getting a game of grab-ass with Claude Giroux than Kane for a reasonable deal.

Daigle did have a ton of skill. He just didn't care. So no, you didn't hear that about Daigle. Everyone knew his problem.

Guest Stogey24

I swear MoLG! As soon as we ditch Plex, Beaulieu, and Tinordi along with our next three firsts for Yak and Kane...AUTOCUP!

Adding a top winger gives us much better shot at the cup than we have right now. You have to give to receive my friend

Plek and a prospect you say? Switch that prospect with Gallagher and most likely have to add a first rounder and I think we are closer to what it would take to get Kane.

Guest Stogey24

Plek and a prospect you say? Switch that prospect with Gallagher and most likely have to add a first rounder and I think we are closer to what it would take to get Kane.

Yeah, I guess it would be a pretty steep asking price eh...

Are we writing a sob novel or trying to win the Stanley Cup! EKLUND?

My take on Eklund is that he reports every single thing he hears, where the other guys like Bob Mac, Dreger, Kypreos only comment on confirmed rumors and pending deals. For what it's worth, he broke the Parenteau trade, and he has the best scoop on the Flyers.

He readily admits that he's in the entertainment business, which I like.

Y'know, if Saks were willing to play on the wing, he might actually be a good signing. I don't believe a word of this rumour however.

If Saku comes back it will be a 1 day contract so he can retire a hab. And that's not going to happen either.

If we were to move Pleks this year and considering we probably should be moving Moen as well, i wouldn't mind having Koivu as a winger - but not as an everyday player.

I don't believe it would cost as much as people think to get Evander Kane.

He had 41 points last year and was a healthy scratch. He's been a mess in the media and even liked a tweet advocating him being traded. Yes, he has the potential to be a top line power forward. But he also has the potential to be a huge distraction on a winning team.

If MB offered Pleks or Eller, Beaulieu, and maybe a prospect (Fucale?).. I couldn't see Winnipeg walking away from it.

Winnipeg has pretty much made everyone except three players available to trade but nobody has made them an offer they like. That tells me that either teams are trying to lowball or Cheveldayoff is only going to move a significant player if he gets a significant return.

Why would the habs want Kane? He is exactly the kind of player MB does not want.

The roster and players now are pretty much what you'll see barring any major injuries.

I do think MB will get a heavy weight, Moen and Prust can't do the heavy lifting on fighting anymore, too injury prone.