Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I wouldn't want to play with Plekanec either. I don't think any od them do. I remember Cammalleri griping about not playing with Desharnais. Plus he was a free agent, you run that risk with rentals.

I wish someone would take the #13 so I can replace the Cammalleri nametag on my home jersey! Gallagher would be an ideal #13!!

I see several teammates like Tinordi, Subban and Beaulieu invited to Prust golf tourney, cause all southern Ontario dudes I iassume.

Also PAP and one Mr. Rene B. (maybe a caddy?) on list of NHLers attending. :habslogo:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

File this in the probably BS but whatever it's floating around Twitter: Patrick Marleau to the Canadiens for Dustin Tokarski plus roster players.

Montreal would have to unload salary to make it happen and San Jose already has 23 players. It doesn't work on any level. But it's out there so yay!

I honestly can't believe there are people out there on Twitter who think there is validity to this. Tokarski would be San Jose's 3rd string goalie behind Niemi and Stalock, they would have to waive him six weeks from now or carry three goalies, just like the situation the Habs face with him. Does anyone legitimately believe that Tokarski would carry any sort of value whatsoever to San Jose? (I don't think he'd carry any sort of value to anyone right now but that's just me.) If the only specific of this so-called rumour is a player whose value here would be a throw-in at best, it's safe to file it away as completely fake and unfounded.

Roster players would have to also include a galleghar, Eller, or Beaulieu type of player. No way I'd want to give a key young player for Marleau who will be heading into his twilight years. If it was tokarski and pleks for Marleau and a 2nd, I'd think hard about it.

I honestly can't believe there are people out there on Twitter who think there is validity to this. Tokarski would be San Jose's 3rd string goalie behind Niemi and Stalock, they would have to waive him six weeks from now or carry three goalies, just like the situation the Habs face with him. Does anyone legitimately believe that Tokarski would carry any sort of value whatsoever to San Jose? (I don't think he'd carry any sort of value to anyone right now but that's just me.) If the only specific of this so-called rumour is a player whose value here would be a throw-in at best, it's safe to file it away as completely fake and unfounded.

Either would I. I had said pleks and tokarski for Marleau and a 2nd.

hmmm, I wouldn't trade plekanecs , tokarski and a 2nd for marleau. that's giving up an awful lot. pleks is just too valuable to the habs. and besides, the sharks have goalies

The time to get Marleau was after his 49-point season a few years ago. SJ was getting frustrated with the lack of playoff performance, and he had a disastrous year - that's the time to swoop in. Now? I'd love to have him, but it'd have to be for spare parts or an equally elderly vet. And isn't his cap hit kinda big? What other roster moves would we have to make to fit him in?

I really believe the Habs brass is more inclined to stick with the veterans they have,and are leaning in a youth movement more than recent years, no need for a Marleau unless he is almost free....

Rumour going around is that Montreal might offer Dustin Penner a tryout. I doubt we're the only team to offer Pancakes a tryout, but interesting if he goes to Montreal's.

He'd be well worth a look. There's nothing wrong with bringing guys in on PTO's.

Rumour going around is that Montreal might offer Dustin Penner a tryout. I doubt we're the only team to offer Pancakes a tryout, but interesting if he goes to Montreal's.

Bit of a red flag was his being traded FROM a Stanley Cup contender in Anaheim for a meager 4th round pick despite a decent season points wise by gool ol' Pancakes.

He gets winded getting out of bed in the morning. The medical records on his last physical just say "F*ck it".

I mean, a tryout is ok I guess... but it should probably consist of putting a hotdog at the front of a treadmill and seeing if he ever manages to reach it.

• Upvote 1

:lol:

Even with his obvious limitations, I'd still take him if the price is right.

It's amazing what size gets you. You can be a hulking beast who only plays well for four weeks per year and get endless second chances. Pretty sure that if a David Desharnais had exactly the same profile he'd never have even seen a whiff of the NHL.

Not sure what a Penner would bring, that would be an uograde on wingers we have already?

Prust/Moan much tougher, Bournival is much faster and just a bit harder working.

de la Rose/Sekac or Penner? which would we like to see in roster more? Not the ol slug, got one of those already wearing #17.

I would givve him a good long look, he is too big to ignore. He can play hockey would provide some muscle up front, which we are lacking. He could make the smurfs we have left a little tougher.

Penner may be able to spell toughness, but that is about it.

I don't think he can spell anything but pancakes.

I don't get the willingness to constantly give 3rd and 4th chances to players simply because they have size, despite how many times they repeatedly squander those chances.