Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

To be fair, Cooper demoted Drouin to the fourth line and scratched him for poor defensive play.

When a guy has a ton of offensive talent and coaches say "meh" to the defensive side of the game, that's when you get guys like Mike Green, Erik Karlsson, Phil Housley and Ovechkin. None of those guys have won anything.

Well put sir agree with much.

But "meant to be" is maybe bit lofty expectation, sure we all hope he Bobby Orr-lite but a consistent 50point d-man, with a shot at bunch more given a more offensive/higher-scoring team to play on, which may come...or can keep hoping for anyways, is darn good and he also is a PR home-run off the ice for the team.

Likely he may be trying to improve his 2-way game, minimize gaffs and be eyeing up a different letter being stitched on front of his jersey next fall? Which is fine by me, but #67 seems to have inside track on that 2 months in.

I agree with your comment about improving his 2-way game. I noticed last night that he didn't make any glaring mistakes, and he was judicious about rushing the puck. I'm certain he's improved his game this year, but in ways that don't add up to more points.

I might be over-estimating PK's potential. I do think he *ought* to be the most electrifying player in all of hockey - he clearly has that in him - and a top-3 NHL defenceman of his generation and multiple Norris winner. No, he's not Bobby Orr. (Nobody is).

Serge Savard told PK to "play the clock," meaning to save his bedazzling rushes and game-changing plays for strategic moments. Could be that PK is erring on the side of caution and just needs to find the right balance.

I might be over-estimating PK's potential. I do think he *ought* to be the most electrifying player in all of hockey - he clearly has that in him - and a top-3 NHL defenceman of his generation and multiple Norris winner. No, he's not Bobby Orr. (Nobody is).

Serge Savard told PK to "play the clock," meaning to save his bedazzling rushes and game-changing plays for strategic moments. Could be that PK is erring on the side of caution and just needs to find the right balance.

I think PK is going to be fine. He needs to loosen up a little and control the play like he can. Last night he did that, there is nothing more fun than watching him come wheeling out of the defensive zone and set up a offensive zone entrance. Last night he looked more like the PK we know and love.

well someones got to . the coaches don't seem to be able to.

You can say whatever you want about Therrien, but as long as the Habs are winning he gets no prolonged grief and he can do whatever. You really can't argue with success. However, if the Habs start to fall in the standings dramatically, he will be forced to do things and try things that maybe he isn't comfortable with.

You can say whatever you want about Therrien, but as long as the Habs are winning he gets no prolonged grief and he can do whatever. You really can't argue with success. However, if the Habs start to fall in the standings dramatically, he will be forced to do things and try things that maybe he isn't comfortable with.

well we will see what happens, he is not getting fired as I have said many times. He has a brand new contract and currently a winning record. This team right now wins ugly and loses even uglier. That is a symptom of something. Must be the players cause the coach is le genius.

"inmates running the asylum" is perfect..I totally agree blue

So then it is not MT's fault because he has no control over the inmates? hmmm

Would a 5-0 drubbing by the rangers and back to back losses to the dregs of the league count in there somewhere.

Anyone read Chelios's book yet?

Just wondering if many/any Hab interesting tidbits in it?

(was interesting to see him air his strong opinion on Shanahan)

Anyone read Chelios's book yet?

Just wondering if many/any Hab interesting tidbits in it?

(was interesting to see him air his strong opinion on Shanahan)

Not yet. But now that you reminded me, I'm on my way to Amazon to buy it.

well we will see what happens, he is not getting fired as I have said many times. He has a brand new contract and currently a winning record. This team right now wins ugly and loses even uglier. That is a symptom of something. Must be the players cause the coach is le genius.

I am not sure why you have suggested that I said he would get fired, my statement is pretty much the opposite to that suggestion.

I wasn't being sarcastic. Whether one believes coach is completely wrong in everything he does is irrelevant as long as the boys are in the top echelon. He may get some grief if they start sliding a bit, but he is not close to getting fired. The Canadiens record trumps all the numbers.

I was talking about Sekac to a few hockey people I know this morning and I guess the Flyers, Devils and Senators were the front runners until the last week. That was when Montreal jumped in and Sekac signed almost immediately. One of the guys said Milan Michalek, who shares an agent with Sekac, was pushing him to come to Ottawa. The talk I guess was that Allan Walsh wasn't 100% on Sekac going to Montreal (I believe the last client Octagon represented in Montreal was the Kostitsyn's and Halak) but understood that he wanted to play for a team that would have a chance to contend.

I wasn't being sarcastic. Whether one believes coach is completely wrong in everything he does is irrelevant as long as the boys are in the top echelon. He may get some grief if they start sliding a bit, but he is not close to getting fired. The Canadiens record trumps all the numbers.

i don't think the record should matter - it hasn't mattered i the past. Hell - Al MacNiel lost his job AFTER winning the cup.

I was talking about Sekac to a few hockey people I know this morning and I guess the Flyers, Devils and Senators were the front runners until the last week. That was when Montreal jumped in and Sekac signed almost immediately. One of the guys said Milan Michalek, who shares an agent with Sekac, was pushing him to come to Ottawa. The talk I guess was that Allan Walsh wasn't 100% on Sekac going to Montreal (I believe the last client Octagon represented in Montreal was the Kostitsyn's and Halak) but understood that he wanted to play for a team that would have a chance to contend.

Walsh is probably the biggest clown agent out there. I don't know if there is another agent so eager to get his name in the press.

I am not sure why you have suggested that I said he would get fired, my statement is pretty much the opposite to that suggestion.

How exactly did I suggest that you said he would get fired. I was explaining my ow n thoughts, I don't support MT but I know we are stuck with him. Jeez the world does not revolve around you blue.

How exactly did I suggest that you said he would get fired. I was explaining my ow n thoughts, I don't support MT but I know we are stuck with him. Jeez the world does not revolve around you blue.

You used my statement as intro so I assumed your comment had something to do with mine or why even use it.

You used my statement as intro so I assumed your comment had something to do with mine or why even use it.

Maybe go back and read it again. I can't explain my self any further. I did not use your statement as intro.

Would a 5-0 drubbing by the rangers and back to back losses to the dregs of the league count in there somewhere.

Sabres also have two wins against the Sharks (2-1 and 4-1) to go with a 6-2 drubbing of the Leafs. The Leafs and Sharks games are the only times the Sabres have won this year by more than one goal. The Habs losses sucked because it was to the worst team in the league but we lost by one goal, dominated both games and got away with a point.

Sabres also have two wins against the Sharks (2-1 and 4-1) to go with a 6-2 drubbing of the Leafs. The Leafs and Sharks games are the only times the Sabres have won this year by more than one goal. The Habs losses sucked because it was to the worst team in the league but we lost by one goal, dominated both games and got away with a point.

The Laffs deserved the drubbing, and the sharks are in a horrible slump. I say we lost 3 points you say we escaped with a point. just a different of point of view.

The Laffs deserved the drubbing, and the sharks are in a horrible slump. I say we lost 3 points you say we escaped with a point. just a different of point of view.

No question we should have won both games. That said, losing two games to Buffalo after a 5-0 loss is a three game losing streak after back to back wins. We're 3-2-1 in our last six and 6-3-1 in our last 10. No way shape or form numbers where you have to question the head coaching (but definitely fine to question the assistant coach on an atrocious PP).