Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Not necessarily a rumour so to speak but I'd like to steer this thread somewhat towards the right direction...

I could see Montreal being one of those Eastern teams with interest in L.A.’s Jordan Nolan, Boston too. The Kings have options because some opponents would gladly consider Kyle Clifford or Dwight King if that’s what GM Dean Lombardi wanted to do. The Oilers have chased this kind of body for a while now.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/elliotte-friedman-nhl-30-thoughts-edmonton-oilers-john-davidson-montreal-canadiens/

(Also some comments about Gallagher's deal and Galchenyuk for those interested...)

No question we should have won both games. That said, losing two games to Buffalo after a 5-0 loss is a three game losing streak after back to back wins. We're 3-2-1 in our last six and 6-3-1 in our last 10. No way shape or form numbers where you have to question the head coaching (but definitely fine to question the assistant coach on an atrocious PP).

I haven't ever been a supporter of this coach so I am very consistent. I think the results are skewed in his direction. Now that is my last word on this cause Brian wants us to get back on topic this actually belongs in when does MT get fired? Have alook at who started that thread. :)

Anyways back to rumors of sort. I don't see what Jordan Nolan brings to the Habs. He looks like he might be an adequate 4th liner but don't we already have a bunch of them.?

The rumours are out there that Yandle may be available, I think he might be a good addition, but I am not sure what we would have to give up to get him?

They are looking for a top 6 forward. Could we give them Eller and a prospect? What do you guys think?

I wouldn't do that deal. DD and a d prospect other than Beaulieu or Tinordi yes.

He still has two years left on his deal I believe.

Many teams are desperate for a guy like him. I'm guessing Eller + Beaulieu could be an offer but I think some teams could do better, especially the Bruins.

I wouldn't do that deal. DD and a d prospect other than Beaulieu or Tinordi yes.

Yandle is one of the better scoring defencemen in the league. Secondary pieces added to Desharnais won't cut it. I'm with MoLG, Eller and Beaulieu wouldn't cut it let alone Desharnais and a guy like Pateryn.

No way wools I trade two young players with a low cap hit, skill and size for Yandle. Especially when Beaulieu has the potential to be the same player.

Yandle is one of the better scoring defencemen in the league. Secondary pieces added to Desharnais won't cut it. I'm with MoLG, Eller and Beaulieu wouldn't cut it let alone Desharnais and a guy like Pateryn.

• Upvote 1

Since when is Yandle a 1st line RW ?

Well the idea is to add a real top six defenceman rather than the over the hill guys who can't shoot straight that we have now, (excepting pk markov and emelin)

Yandle is a legit 2,3,4 defenseman, it's going to take a lot to get him for sure.

Stall, and Carolina wanting to save money, picks, prospects, and young cheap contracts may get him?

Big grade A center.... Hmmmmm.

Whadda you think Habs 30/31?

Well the idea is to add a real top six defenceman rather than the over the hill guys who can't shoot straight that we have now, (excepting pk markov and emelin)

I much more prefer the idea of adding a 1st line RW.

Word on the street is jeremy Morin wants out of Chicago. He'd be a solid pick up for Montreal and would probably come fairly cheap

Yes, he wants out but no, the cost probably won't be cheap. A 2nd rounder might get them in the conversation. At 23 years old with several strong AHL seasons already plus somewhat-decent success in the NHL and a fairly high draft pedigree will have quite a few teams interested. He reminds me a bit of Linden Vey - similar situations - and he went for a 2nd rounder. I don't think Morin goes for less.

Yes, he wants out but no, the cost probably won't be cheap. A 2nd rounder might get them in the conversation. At 23 years old with several strong AHL seasons already plus somewhat-decent success in the NHL and a fairly high draft pedigree will have quite a few teams interested. He reminds me a bit of Linden Vey - similar situations - and he went for a 2nd rounder. I don't think Morin goes for less.

Vey is a perfect comparison.

I don't remember which thread we were discussing it is but the price for Tyler Myers right now (for Detroit) is Dylan Larkin, Turco/Sheahan and a first round pick. Source: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/12/the-asking-price-for-detroit-to-get-tyler-myers-is-reportedly/

In other words, a first rounder, Nikita Scherbak and like Nathan Beaulieu. Yikes!