Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

In all of this, I realize I've lost sight of why TB wants to unload Drouin in the first place. What's that all about, anyway??

Vrtanen has been much-discussed in Vancouver lately, with Ray Ferraro, Pierre MacGuire, and Gary Valk all agreeing that he projects to become a third-liner who can occasionally take top-6 minutes. (This assessment has caused outrage among the fans, natch). Whether that's fair value for Drouin, I dunno.

In all of this, I realize I've lost sight of why TB wants to unload Drouin in the first place. What's that all about, anyway??

Vrtanen has been much-discussed in Vancouver lately, with Ray Ferraro, Pierre MacGuire, and Gary Valk all agreeing that he projects to become a third-liner who can occasionally take top-6 minutes. (This assessment has caused outrage among the fans, natch). Whether that's fair value for Drouin, I dunno.

He doesn't think he's getting a fair amount of minutes with Cooper. Requested a trade in November privately, made it public now.

I still think Tampa holds onto him and either re-signs Stamkos and deals him after, or watches Stamkos walk and promises Drouin his minutes.

I'm still surprised Colorado, Columbus, Edmonton, etc... didn't take a shot.

Why claim him when you can see if Detroit is willing to eat a little money first? Kindl hasn't been all that great and $3 M (in salary; $2.4 M cap hit) is a bit of a gamble to take on a guy who might upgrade a #5/6 slot.

4 days off. Wouldn't be surprised to see a trade happen in that time

If they were to make a move between now and the next game, presumably they'd want to do it soon so that the new player(s) get a practice or two before getting into a game.

Guest Stogey24

If they were to make a move between now and the next game, presumably they'd want to do it soon so that the new player(s) get a practice or two before getting into a game.

Ya, that's what I was thinking

http://www.gohabsgo.com/2016/01/09/mega-transaction-entre-tampa-bay-et-detroit-impliq/

no idea how good this source is, just posting it out there, according to this french site, Detroit and Tampa might be working on a mega deal involving Stamkos and Drouin going to Detroit for Nyqvist, Shaehan, Marchanko, Mantha, and 2 first round picks.

thoughts? if it is true, there goes the theory that they aren't willing to talk to division teams if you come to the table with an offer that means you want to get something done.

http://www.gohabsgo.com/2016/01/09/mega-transaction-entre-tampa-bay-et-detroit-impliq/

no idea how good this source is, just posting it out there, according to this french site, Detroit and Tampa might be working on a mega deal involving Stamkos and Drouin going to Detroit for Nyqvist, Shaehan, Marchanko, Mantha, and 2 first round picks.

thoughts? if it is true, there goes the theory that they aren't willing to talk to division teams if you come to the table with an offer that means you want to get something done.

This rumor isn't so much a rumor as its a fantasy that Ken Campbell of the Hockey News made up (and he admitted he had no sources it was just something he thought up) and then wrote an article about a deal that made sense to him.

We definitely need a significant move to alter our complexion on offence, whether it's Drouin or someone else. I've even come around to the idea that we might have to move Beaulieu to make this happen. But like others, I have a hard time believing Stevie Y will move him to a Conference rival...still, ya never know.

Please not Drouin. Yes he is a skilled player but if he was NHL capable now he would be in Tampa playing. He is a left wing, we need right or big center. Either position would need a legitimate NHL goal scorer to be an upgrade. We have prospects in the system, Drouin would only add another and he would probably not be our top forward prospect. We need Kopitar.

Please not Drouin. Yes he is a skilled player but if he was NHL capable now he would be in Tampa playing. He is a left wing, we need right or big center. Either position would need a legitimate NHL goal scorer to be an upgrade. We have prospects in the system, Drouin would only add another and he would probably not be our top forward prospect. We need Kopitar.

Drouin would immediately be our top forward prospect, and it wouldn't be close.

A blurb (more speculation than anything) from Bruce Garrioch in his weekly column:

Habs GM Marc Bergevin was looking for somebody to help with the club’s mobility when he first started to try to deal prospect defenceman Jarred Tinordi months ago. Instead, the Habs settled for Arizona winger John Scott and Nashville minor-leaguer Victor Bartley in exchange for Tinordi. If Columbus GM Jarmo Kekalainen needs a centre to replace Ryan Johansen — and he does — would the Jackets take a run at Montreal forward Lars Eller? Just wondering because Kekalainen did draft Eller in St. Louis. You have to like Bergevin, he’s aggressive.

Some might get a kick out of that last bit.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/01/16/nhl-general-managers-have-to-decide-by-feb-29-to-buy-sell-or-hold