Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I actually don't think that the Chucky move to wing had anything to do with his development. I think MT decided to put his offensive players on two lines instead of three. When he did that one of DD or Chucky had to go to wing. He probably recognized that chucky plays better at wing than DD and that was that. The 27, 51, 11 line was about the only good thing on the team for a few weeks. MT wanted to win games and make the playoffs. Starting Scrivens and forming that line got them three wins in a row. I'm not saying I agree with it, but the reasoning behind the decision looked sound at the time. I suspect we will see more of Chucky at Centre over the years unless a true number one Centre is signed from outside the organization.

Makes sense.

What would it cost to obtain RNH?

Edmonton hasn't made enough big moves to figure out what Chia wants. Most think the price is steep but he publicly said he'd trade anyone except McDavid and that he wants to get bigger and tougher. This is the guy who traded Seguin for a song. He might take Emelin and a first rounder for him.

They have been keeping close eye on Kings lately haven't they?

Or would you think Oilers are team they are more interested in now?

I am maybe the only one who could think these moves possible, but if I was Chiareli and was working with McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH, I might be tempted to move RNH 1vs1 for a top 3 Dman and use Yakupov to go get that missing centre.

I can't help but to believe Eller might be an option for them as their 3rd line C.

Edmonton hasn't made enough big moves to figure out what Chia wants. Most think the price is steep but he publicly said he'd trade anyone except McDavid and that he wants to get bigger and tougher. This is the guy who traded Seguin for a song. He might take Emelin and a first rounder for him.

This year's 1st rounder will be good by the looks of things, but you have to pay to get good players, and getting out of Emelin's contract makes your proposal one good deal for him in my books.

What about Tanner Pearson from L.A.? He's only 23... L.A. might be looking to add a veteran for another run.

Nugent Hopkins if dealt likely would be a june/july deal, I would guess.

Obviously Hab Mgmt has eyes on one or more of the two teams.

Pearson is a LW but might fit.

This year's 1st rounder will be good by the looks of things, but you have to pay to get good players, and getting out of Emelin's contract makes your proposal one good deal for him in my books.

What about Tanner Pearson from L.A.? He's only 23... L.A. might be looking to add a veteran for another run.

Toronto tried to get Tanner Pearson in a trade last season with the Kings and him and Toffoli were said to be non-starters. The Kings want to keep both of them unless something blows them away.

I am maybe the only one who could think these moves possible, but if I was Chiareli and was working with McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH, I might be tempted to move RNH 1vs1 for a top 3 Dman and use Yakupov to go get that missing centre.

I can't help but to believe Eller might be an option for them as their 3rd line C.

So Yak for Eller+? What else would it take? Do we want Yakupov or is he an idiot?

So Yak for Eller+? What else would it take? Do we want Yakupov or is he an idiot?

IMO, probably not that much more than Eller. Something to balance the $$$. A pick ? Or retain a % of Eller's salary ?

Maybe I'm wrong, but watching some EDM games here and there, I don't see the Oilers giving much importance to Yakupov anymore.

If I am Edmonton I am trading RNH and Yak for help on defense. If they can make a Jones for Johannsen type deal they are set. McDavid is untouchable, Draisaitl looks like a stud, Hall is a top 5 LW and Eberle is needed for RW. That's a hell of a core moving forward.

IMO, probably not that much more than Eller. Something to balance the $$$. A pick ? Or retain a % of Eller's salary ?

Maybe I'm wrong, but watching some EDM games here and there, I don't see the Oilers giving much importance to Yakupov anymore.

To have the first overall pick and turn it into Eller a scant few years down the road is pretty dismal, and it would only make sense if Yakupov is a disaster (which he may be).

That Yakupov is expendable is an abject lesson in the limitations of Tanking. He was the big prize everyone wanted (remember the 'Fail for Nail' thread?).

Some fans act like tanking is the cure for all ills, but even the 1st overall pick - while it does reliably yield legitimate 1st line players, such as Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, MacKinnon, Nash, etc. - is no guarantee of a Franchise Player, the kind who will anchor a Cup winner. Indeed, I count about six such supreme 'franchise players' drafted at #1 overall since 2000: Ovechkin, Crosby, Kane, Stamkos, Tavares, and McDavid. It's actually not all THAT great a ratio considering how much hype is accorded to the 1st overall pick; heck, P.K. Subban is probably a greater player than many of the #1 picks over the past 15 years.

Not saying that drafting at #1 isn't awesome, just that it may not be all it's cracked up to be in the minds of some fans.

So Therrien says the McCarron is staying with team fro rest of year? Why not, what can it hurt. But would be nice to see another forward moved to open up more spots for a Hudon or other youngster.

Guest Stogey24

So Therrien says the McCarron is staying with team fro rest of year? Why not, what can it hurt. But would be nice to see another forward moved to open up more spots for a Hudon or other youngster.

Ya, I'd like to see Hudon up too