Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Took me awhile to figure that one out.

If y'alls not big on the draft & run up to Free Agency, yes I suppose it will be awhile before need to check PRT. :nuts:

• 4 weeks later...

Subban and Pacioretty don't get alone and is a big rift in dressing room. According to some montreal news media guy today on TSN radio today, he said he was "super super sure" (trying to convince himself maybe). :ph34r:

Subban and Pacioretty don't get alone and is a big rift in dressing room. According to some montreal news media guy today on TSN radio today, he said he was "super super sure" (trying to convince himself maybe). :ph34r:

Good :clap: , get rid of Pacioretty, keep the real captain and sign SS.

Good :clap: , get rid of Pacioretty, keep the real captain and sign SS.

Lol, I was just telling the wife the same thing, if Patch and PK are at odds, and one needs to go, then ship out Patch... :thumbs_up:

Guest Stogey24

Straight up, I've never liked Pacioretty. I like that he scores goals, but his effort level has a huge question mark beside it.

Its not a huge secret either that American born hockey players compete level could be put under question. I'm not saying all of them, but there's a decent amount

You can say the same thing about most goal scorers. Everyone here wants to sign Stamkos. When he isn't scoring he is also pretty invisible.

Straight up, I've never liked Pacioretty. I like that he scores goals, but his effort level has a huge question mark beside it.

Its not a huge secret either that American born hockey players compete level could be put under question. I'm not saying all of them, but there's a decent amount

I like Patches and do not want to see him go, but if it is a choice between PK ans Patches? Been nice knowing you Max. 1st of all Patches is the most tradeable guy in the NHL. Due to skill level and salary. I think we could get a hell of a return for him. PK is a Montreal Canadien and should retire as such,

I agree that Subban is worth more than MaxPac.

What I find preposterous is that anyone could express any kind of positive response to the idea of trading Pacioretty. Yeah, that'll really help our team, trading THE ONLY F**KING PLAYER WHO CAN RELIABLY PUT THE PUCK IN THE NET.

Dumbest idea ever.

If there is actually a rift, they need to kiss and make up, just like people in any workplace need to learn to work together. Get over yourselves and go win a goddamned Cup, please.

100% agree. If there is a rift it's probably made worse by the losing season and this being the year that a captain was chosen.

I think Subban didn't help matters with an incredibly stupid "it's not my job to scorw comment" which maxpac may have taken personally. I love subban but that was a dumb thing to say - especially for the guy making over $9m a year.

I think adding more talent and winning is the solution - rather than trading the little offensive talent we do have.

What I find preposterous is that anyone could express any kind of positive response to the idea of trading Pacioretty. Yeah, that'll really help our team, trading THE ONLY F**KING PLAYER WHO CAN RELIABLY PUT THE PUCK IN THE NET.

Dumbest idea ever.

If there is actually a rift, they need to kiss and make up, just like people in any workplace need to learn to work together. Get over yourselves and go win a goddamned Cup, please.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

I'm just saying Max had a serious look of concern on his face when P.K went down. Stood over him the whole time.

One guy is a quite family man, the other is a lively bachelor who lives DT Montreal. There completely different people, so it really doesn't surprise me that P.K would get on Max's nerves with his enthusiasm from time to time.

Also it's a shitty season without Price who is the heart of the team. Of course they are pissed at each other and angry at themselves. Once Price returns and it's a whole new season, you won't hear a peep about alleged locker room politics.

My completely uninformed guess is that Price is the clear-cut Alpha Dog in that room, with MaxPac and Subban being the Beta Dogs. When the Alpha Male goes down, the pack dynamics become unstable as the Betas can no longer downplay the basic tension between them. In short, I think you're right; once the Alpha Dog returns, the team hierarchy becomes a much more settled question.

There's also a big difference between having a guy get on your nerves from time to time, and having a bona-fide, team-destroying rift. I've said before, PK can surely be annoying: he's hyper, he's loud, he's larger than life. If I were PK's teammate, he probably would irritate me on occasion. But I like to think I would also appreciate the incredibly positive attributes he brings to the operation. You take the bad with the good when you're dealing with an extraordinary talent like Subban. Only a petty man wouldn't be able to see that.

I agree with you. For Americans aged 22+, hockey is played by the upper middle class and up...rich kids. The infrastructure is getting better, but in the nineties, you had to have serious resources to even step on the ice, and with the lack of ice and rinks to play in, practices for young kids were at 4/5 AM on Saturdays. I grew up far from poverty, but it just wasn't possible for my parents to spend 3-5k for a three month season.

They aren't our best athletes by a long shot, and Max fits the "silver spoon" stereotype to a T. I grew up in Massachussetts/NH, and I really dislike players who come from the Hockey East ranks/stock. They aren't physical, they're like 20 years old as a Freshman, there's no intensity, and they play a very very very boring brand of hockey.

Guest Stogey24

I agree with you. For Americans aged 22+, hockey is played by the upper middle class and up...rich kids. The infrastructure is getting better, but in the nineties, you had to have serious resources to even step on the ice, and with the lack of ice and rinks to play in, practices for young kids were at 4/5 AM on Saturdays. I grew up far from poverty, but it just wasn't possible for my parents to spend 3-5k for a three month season.

They aren't our best athletes by a long shot, and Max fits the "silver spoon" stereotype to a T. I grew up in Massachussetts/NH, and I really dislike players who come from the Hockey East ranks/stock. They aren't physical, they're like 20 years old as a Freshman, there's no intensity, and they play a very very very boring brand of hockey.

Amen. That's basically it

Just because your parents have money doesn't mean you're a soulless hockey player. Patrick Roy came from a pretty cozy background too.

Max is an excellent hockey player, the team's only clear-cut legit first-liner. No, he's not especially physical. All he does is bring elite offence and a decent 200-foot game. That's all.

(I can understand a fan saying he finds MaxPac bland, but we have to respect what he brings on the ice).

Tons of rich Canadian kids out there. Silly to toss this on Pacioretty. If the guy didn't care, he'd never return from injury so quickly. He'd milk the days off.

I still believe in Pacioretty 100% as a team leader and our top left winger. The C means a lot to some but the leader of the Habs from now until he leaves is Carey Price.

I'll take a consistent 60 point guy who sometimes takes shifts off over a consistent 30 and under guy who gives it all every shift. I can't rely on Mr. Blue Collar to get the puck in the back of the net.

Tons of rich Canadian kids out there. Silly to toss this on Pacioretty. If the guy didn't care, he'd never return from injury so quickly. He'd milk the days off.

I still believe in Pacioretty 100% as a team leader and our top left winger. The C means a lot to some but the leader of the Habs from now until he leaves is Carey Price.

I'll take a consistent 60 point guy who sometimes takes shifts off over a consistent 30 and under guy who gives it all every shift. I can't rely on Mr. Blue Collar to get the puck in the back of the net.

No goals in the Olympics

No goals in the 2012-2013 playoffs

Five goals in 17 games in 2013-2014

Five in 11 games in 2014-2015

He's no TJ Oshie, but he hasn't stepped up in important series/games either. For about two years after the Chara hit, he played like a doddering old woman vs the Bruins.

This season is the biggest no show of them all.

No goals in the Olympics

No goals in the 2012-2013 playoffs

Five goals in 17 games in 2013-2014

Five in 11 games in 2014-2015

He's no TJ Oshie, but he hasn't stepped up in important series/games either. For about two years after the Chara hit, he played like a doddering old woman vs the Bruins.

This season is the biggest no show of them all.

Two game series winning goals in 2013-2014 against Tampa and Boston but nope, never stepped up in an important series or game.

Your rampant hyperbole is showing.

This is ridiculous bigotry and there is really no reason for it.

Dumbest idea ever.

Agreed 100%

I also don't buy for a second that there is actually a rift there...... reminds me when people were claiming Markov and PK had a rift that turned out completely false.

Max doesn't hit enough.

He scores goals

He drives the offence and is a possession monster.

He can set up goals as we've now seen with another goal scorer on his line.

He plays great defence and kills penalties.

His TEAMATES voted him as a leader.

But damnit he doesn't hit enough

Its silliness... others can take the guy who hits... I'll take the guy who does everything else, all of which are more valuable to win hockey games.

Others can choose the style of player they want.

I'll take the substance of a guy who is elite at both ends of the ice.

Two game series winning goals in 2013-2014 against Tampa and Boston but nope, never stepped up in an important series or game.

Your rampant hyperbole is showing.

Wow!

Max got the GWG (first goal of a shutout) to sweep Tampa. He scored on a guy who isn't even in the NHL two years later. That was his first goal of the series, I believe.

Tell ya what...next year, when Tampa comes to town, let's tear down the statue of Rocket Richard and put up one of Max scoring a tap in on Gudlevskis or whomever that was.

Thanks for reminding me of that one. No, actually, my grandkids thank you. After they hear that, they'll beg to hear about the Era Defining Round 2 Victory.

"Yeah, Sonny, after they slayed two backup goalies, they beat the President's Trophy winners! Then Chris Kreider knocked out Price, but they made it to six games! You know what? If only your great grandfather was here! But, I believe, I will never forget where I was when Max beat Gudlevskis. The air smelled better, and for once life was right again. And I just savored the moment, because in a sad way, I knew I might never feel that way again."

• Upvote 1

Wow!

Max got the GWG (first goal of a shutout) to sweep Tampa. He scored on a guy who isn't even in the NHL two years later. That was his first goal of the series, I believe.

Tell ya what...next year, when Tampa comes to town, let's tear down the statue of Rocket Richard and put up one of Max scoring a tap in on Gudlevskis or whomever that was.

Thanks for reminding me of that one. No, actually, my grandkids thank you. After they hear that, they'll beg to hear about the Era Defining Round 2 Victory.

"Yeah, Sonny, after they slayed two backup goalies, they beat the President's Trophy winners! Then Chris Kreider knocked out Price, but they made it to six games! You know what? If only your great grandfather was here! But, I believe, I will never forget where I was when Max beat Gudlevskis. The air smelled better, and for once life was right again. And I just savored the moment, because in a sad way, I knew I might never feel that way again."

The goal against tampa was not the first goal of a shutout... it was the fourth goal of the game and broke a 3-3 tie late in the third period... but i guess the real fact didn't help the narrative.

He's only one of the NHL leaders in game winning goals, and in third period goals over the last three seasons.... top 5 in both categories.

Its okay though, we'll just pretend all his goals come in blowouts, and that he doesn't score important goals, cause thats the narrative here.

The goal against tampa was not the first goal of a shutout... it was the fourth goal of the game and broke a 3-3 tie late in the third period... but i guess the real fact didn't help the narrative.

He's only one of the NHL leaders in game winning goals, and in third period goals over the last three seasons.... top 5 in both categories.

Its okay though, we'll just pretend all his goals come in blowouts, and that he doesn't score important goals, cause thats the narrative here.

Save the "narrative" talk for your crappy journalism.

Nobody can have fun when Commandant is around. There's a professional in our ranks, correcting all our jokes to facts.

Yes, if I didn't remember that detail after watching every minute of the playoffs that year, the goal wasn't important.