Jump to content

Permanent Rumour Thread


Fanpuck33
 Share

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, illWill said:

 

Go to bed would ya. You're getting all riled up over something that hasn't happened and you're already spinning a narrative of it being because he is french. 

Why don't you go Fxck yourself 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 21.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • dlbalr

    1418

  • The Chicoutimi Cucumber

    1376

  • DON

    913

  • Commandant

    1228

52 minutes ago, illWill said:

Go to bed would ya. You're getting all riled up over something that hasn't happened and you're already spinning a narrative of it being because he is french. 

 

11 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Why don't you go Fxck yourself 

 

Can the two of you please just put each other on ignore?  You don't see eye to eye on most things, that's more than evident.  It's starting to get a little too personal though.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Leddy is a pretty good defenseman on a good contract he's young and would be a good fit for Weber for the next couple of years.

 

The addition of another promising player is good too.

 

Obviously Chuck would be hard to give up but it's not a terrible trade IMO. Personally I'm not sure if I do it or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

 

 

Can the two of you please just put each other on ignore?  You don't see eye to eye on most things, that's more than evident.  It's starting to get a little too personal though.

I have never been the one to start and have for the most part ignored his posts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How has being french been a problem with this management team?

 

When they acquired Danault?  Cause that was a fantastic trade for us. 

 

When they choose Nesterov over Barberio?  Cause they both suck and they weren't choosing the french player there. 

 

When they drafted all those french players?  Who have we taken, Fucale, Bourque, Audette?  That doesn't seem overly crazy. 

 

Coaching has been the only semi issue, and i'll still say Julien was the best coach available on the day he was hired. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Commandant said:

How has being french been a problem with this management team?

 

When they acquired Danault?  Cause that was a fantastic trade for us. 

 

When they choose Nesterov over Barberio?  Cause they both suck and they weren't choosing the french player there. 

 

When they drafted all those french players?  Who have we taken, Fucale, Bourque, Audette?  That doesn't seem overly crazy. 

 

Coaching has been the only semi issue, and i'll still say Julien was the best coach available on the day he was hired. 

 

 

 

Again with your logic...it's taking away from his illogical rampage 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was going to mention Leddy the other day when someone mentioned a rumour about Hamonic. Leddy was up there in points last season for a defenseman and is a more reasonable expectation than Hamonic.

 

I wouldn't trade Galchenyuk for him though. I like Drouin a lot but I don't feel good about Galchenyuk, Beaulieu and Sergachev for Drouin, Leddy and a 3rd heading into next season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I was going to mention Leddy the other day when someone mentioned a rumour about Hamonic. Leddy was up there in points last season for a defenseman and is a more reasonable expectation than Hamonic.

 

I wouldn't trade Galchenyuk for him though. I like Drouin a lot but I don't feel good about Galchenyuk, Beaulieu and Sergachev for Drouin, Leddy and a 3rd heading into next season. 

 

It'd have to be more than Leddy, and the sense in the trade would depend on the quality of that additional element. If the other guy projects to be a legit top-6 FW, the trade might be worth doing: Galy for a #2 d-man and a top-6 FW. Admittedly, NJ gets back the best player, but those are two valuable roster pieces for a team full of holes. So that would be the case for the deal; not that I'm gonna go to the wall over it, especially as I have no idea whether Beauviller has any realistic shot of being a real top-6er. The scouting reports from his draft year do suggest he could be a dangerous 2nd-line scoring winger, however.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

We need to get the best player back in any deal.

 I also think Galchenyuk needs to say if we aren't dealing for Tavares 

 

You need to give to get my man.

 

Obviously Tavares should be top priority but I honestly think if MB doesn't get what he wants out of Chucky he will remain a Hab. Which I am a fan of.

 

Should be an interesting week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

It'd have to be more than Leddy, and the sense in the trade would depend on the quality of that additional element. If the other guy projects to be a legit top-6 FW, the trade might be worth doing: Galy for a #2 d-man and a top-6 FW. Admittedly, NJ gets back the best player, but those are two valuable roster pieces for a team full of holes. So that would be the case for the deal; not that I'm gonna go to the wall over it, especially as I have no idea whether Beauviller has any realistic shot of being a real top-6er. The scouting reports from his draft year do suggest he could be a dangerous 2nd-line scoring winger, however.

It's true that I don't know much about Beauvillier so I can agree with what you're saying. If we get a #2 defenseman as well as a top 6 forward, I'd start to listen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Commandant said:

How has being french been a problem with this management team?

 

When they acquired Danault?  Cause that was a fantastic trade for us. 

 

When they choose Nesterov over Barberio?  Cause they both suck and they weren't choosing the french player there. 

 

When they drafted all those french players?  Who have we taken, Fucale, Bourque, Audette?  That doesn't seem overly crazy. 

 

Coaching has been the only semi issue, and i'll still say Julien was the best coach available on the day he was hired. 

 

 

How can you say coaching has been the only "semi" issue when the entire coaching staff other than Muller is French.  Any other organization would have fired daigneult and lefebve 2 years ago.

 

The fact that danault like DD before him was on the first line is not an issue?  Both are clearly 3rd liners.  Until he got hurt DD was the main reason galchenyuk never got a whiff at centre.  After galchenyuk got hurt danault was the fixture on the top line and held that position in the playoffs.  I think habs Mgmt were the only ones who didn't realize they weren't going to win a playoff series with him as their top line centre - especially with galchenyuk relegated to the 4th line.  How long was DD in a slump and still held his position with maxpac and PP time, versus the rope given to galchenyuk when he struggled after returning from his injury. 

 

And there was another trade made last week you may have heard of where a prospect that MB said he would never trade, did trade for a hometown boy.  I'm not saying I don't like Drouin, but he has all the same knock against him as galchenyuk.  Our most pressing need was a centre and we trade for essentially the French version of galchenyuk- who the habs are apparently in a rush to dump.  Basically it looks like Drouin will be the French replacement of galchenyuk if reports are correct that galchenyuk will be gone by the draft.  If that happens, we really are not going to get much better and for the second year in a row, MB will have made another lateral move - only this year he will get more of a pass since the guy coming back is a local boy, rather than address our most pressing need - a friggin top line centre.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

How can you say coaching has been the only "semi" issue when the entire coaching staff other than Muller is French.  Any other organization would have fired daigneult and lefebve 2 years ago.

 

The fact that danault like DD before him was on the first line is not an issue?  Both are clearly 3rd liners.  Until he got hurt DD was the main reason galchenyuk never got a whiff at centre.  After galchenyuk got hurt danault was the fixture on the top line and held that position in the playoffs.  I think habs Mgmt were the only ones who didn't realize they weren't going to win a playoff series with him as their top line centre - especially with galchenyuk relegated to the 4th line.  How long was DD in a slump and still held his position with maxpac and PP time, versus the rope given to galchenyuk when he struggled after returning from his injury. 

 

And there was another trade made last week you may have heard of where a prospect that MB said he would never trade, did trade for a hometown boy.  I'm not saying I don't like Drouin, but he has all the same knock against him as galchenyuk.  Our most pressing need was a centre and we trade for essentially the French version of galchenyuk- who the habs are apparently in a rush to dump.  Basically it looks like Drouin will be the French replacement of galchenyuk if reports are correct that galchenyuk will be gone by the draft.  If that happens, we really are not going to get much better and for the second year in a row, MB will have made another lateral move - only this year he will get more of a pass since the guy coming back is a local boy, rather than address our most pressing need - a friggin top line centre.

 

 

 

 

I think it is way premature to make the argument that there is a systematic pattern of favouring francophone players. 

 

It is impossible to deny the pattern in the coaching staff; but how much of that has to do with language, as opposed to MB surrounding himself with incompetent drinking buddies, is hard to say.

 

The thing is, the language card is a canard. MB's ongoing support for the tire-fire that is Lefebvre's player-development regime is gross negligence that is destroying the organization from within. Coupled with dumb moves and non-moves at the NHL level, it's a firing offence purely on hockey terms. No need to bring language into it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

I think it is way premature to make the argument that there is a systematic pattern of favouring francophone players. 

 

It is impossible to deny the pattern in the coaching staff; but how much of that has to do with language, as opposed to MB surrounding himself with incompetent drinking buddies, is hard to say.

 

The thing is, the language card is a canard. MB's ongoing support for the tire-fire that is Lefebvre's player-development regime is gross negligence that is destroying the organization from within. Coupled with dumb moves and non-moves at the NHL level, it's a firing offence purely on hockey terms. No need to bring language into it.

Actually if Lefebvre is re-hired, I am going to have to join the Bergevin must go ranks. Also, it is not that Galchnyuk is traded that will be my issue, but whether or not we get enough back. I don't care who gets traded it the return is good enough. My issue with the Drouin trade is purely that he is not a centre. My problem with the Beaulieu trade is that devaluating an asset; painting yourself into a corner with the expansion draft and trading a player at his lowest possible value is simply piss poor asset management. Similarly,  trading Subban and Sergachev in succession without getting even a centre prospect back is worrisome. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, PMAC said:

Actually if Lefebvre is re-hired, I am going to have to join the Bergevin must go ranks. Also, it is not that Galchnyuk is traded that will be my issue, but whether or not we get enough back. I don't care who gets traded it the return is good enough. My issue with the Drouin trade is purely that he is not a centre. My problem with the Beaulieu trade is that devaluating an asset; painting yourself into a corner with the expansion draft and trading a player at his lowest possible value is simply piss poor asset management. Similarly,  trading Subban and Sergachev in succession without getting even a centre prospect back is worrisome. 

As things stand right now, I'm fairly confident that at least one of Drouin or Galchenyuk would be in our top 6 as a center next season. There's still a lot of time for things to change as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been ardent Bergevin fan to this point, but I'm with PMAC on this one...I was ok with the Weber trade, but we got much older.  I like the Droin move, but again a bit older...we lose Andregetto and Beaulieu (1st round) for nothing and use two 2nd rounders on Shaw...We cannot now afford to lose Chucky (1st round)  with out getting a blue chip center man...at this point, I just see [piss] poor management at NHL and AHL level....We have Bergevin for at least another year and I am hoping he makes me eat my words....

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Plekanec more than most but let's lose Plekanec to Vegas and sign Thornton to a deal as an UFA. 2 years @ 6.5 mil. Too much? I assume you'd have to pay since other teams might be in on him.  Problem solved for a season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

The Plekanec money will be the new Radulov money. 

 

We already have 19 million for Chuck, Radulov and Markov

 

The Plekanec money is your top pair LHD. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

 

I have a hard time believing he signed for three years...

 

The rumor is 7 million per. 

I could see it.  Overpay on salary to reduce term. 

 

That said, I don't buy that Laraque is breaking this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

The rumor is 7 million per. 

I could see it.  Overpay on salary to reduce term. 

 

That said, I don't buy that Laraque is breaking this. 

 

I'd rate 7 million for 3 as an excellent signing. But, Laraque? Pffft

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

He has to be looking for a longer term than 3 years. 

 

Sure, but he's not getting 7 for more than that. 

 

Is he better to have 21 million, 3 years... and then sign another contract?

of 30 million for 5 years?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...